Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
I
ItHurts Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Happy to hear that LoneWlf! Yes as I said yesterday, that's what makes these meetings with WAW so great...I don't expect anything from her and further, she knows that. I don't care either way. Life will go on without her just as well as it did the 4 years I haven't seen her. The fact that my story gives so many here hope they desperately need is actually more important to me than whether WAW and I ever get back together. Of course I hope we can, but not afraid if we don't. I'll have to see what others have to say about the update. It was a really fun night though all the way around.

ME: 43 W:44
M 13 years on 5-5-01
T 18 years
BD 4/27/14
D papers served 5/5/14 (how appropriate a date)
WAW moved out 5/12/14
Papers filed 6/27/14
Divorce granted 07/17/14
Our marriage ends 11/17/14
I
ItHurts Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Oh and one thing I forgot to mention...when we hugged to say goodbye she said I love you. I reciprocated and left.

M 13 years on 5-5-01
T 18 years
BD 4/27/14
WAW moved out 5/12/14
Papers filed 6/27/14
Divorce granted 07/17/14
I
ItHurts Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Oh Jeez, sorry guys but a couple other things I forgot to post. She mentioned at one point that she had gone to our old apartment parking lot where we lived for 17 years and just hung out there for a few minutes at some point. It's unclear whether this was before or after we reconnected however. This stuck out to me because even though I didn't tell her...I had done the same thing!
Also worth mentioning is that she stated there was an event coming up that her and I shared in common and that even if we are with other people she still wants to go with only me.
Sorry to have to make several posts here but I spent an especially long time with WAW this time and, of course, we got really drunk as I mentioned so I forgot to include these items in my first post about our visit.

M 13 years on 5-5-01
T 18 years
BD 4/27/14
WAW moved out 5/12/14
Papers filed 6/27/14
Divorce granted 07/17/14
S
S
So I am confused. Are you or not going to Vegas with her?

Other than that, yeah she seems to be interested in being more than friends, but she is kind of fighting against it almost. Seems really strange, almost like she is binary about the whole thing. Maybe you are right to be patient instead of forcing the issue.

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
I
ItHurts Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Hi Steve, no my friend she apparently liked the idea of me going to Vegas and then an hour later decided it wasn't a good idea because we may be with other people by then. That tells me she has something going on in her head. I mean maybe she onky wants a friendship and that's fine so long as we are able to hang out with no significant others. Understandably if both or either of us is with someone else then clearly hanging out would have to stop. She acknowledged this last night too and then followed it up with "It doesn't matter anyway as I'm taking a break from dating." She had claimed she is tired of the disappointments.

So even though my gut is telling me is conflicted internally in regards to me...that is just a feeling...nothing factual to back that up. Just some of the things she did give me this feeling...laying on my shoilder a couple times, sprawling her legs over me on the couch, running my back when I was coughing a couple times, and calling me into her bed this morning.

So I don't know if she's interested in me or not. There's evidence to support either theory. So on truth, in spite of all the time she spends with me now; I really have no idea what's in her heqd. She could be taking it slow with me or maybe she does just want friendship. That's the dilemma I am faves with my friend. Maybe others can see something I can't in all this.

M 13 years on 5-5-01
T 18 years
BD 4/27/14
WAW moved out 5/12/14
Papers filed 6/27/14
Divorce granted 07/17/14
A
A
Ugh... I think you might be, at least partially, in the friend zone... The Vegas thing makes me that... You oughta pull back some...you should not have said you would go without her actually asking you... Make her do the work...

I
ItHurts Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Thanks Arista, yeah I thought it strange that she would say "I don't know who I could go with" and thought she was dropping a hint. One of her issues with our marriage was that I didn't want to travel enough so I thought maybe that was a test.
No matter, I think the next time she contacts me to hang out I'm going to have other plans. I'm shutting this show down for awhile with her and going a bit dark again. I mean I won't be a jerk and go total no contact, and I will reply to her texts and all...but there will be no more hanging out for awhile. Don't you think that's my best plan of action now? It's summer and I want to have some fun. She can hang out with someone else instead for awhile. Then she'll realize there's no one like me and she will probably seek me out even more. For now I'm going to back off, do my own thing, and make getting me over there much harder for her from now on. If I'm just a friend to her, then that drops her to the bottom of the totem pole as far as my priorities go now. She has a lot of work to do. I'm losing interest and patience with her very quickly now anyway so I'm going to stay away for awhile and date other people, hang with my friends, and enjoy my summer. If she wants me then she needs to work. Otherwise she can go back to her parade of loser men who will never compare to my awesomeness anyway. Good luck with that parade WAW, it's worked out well for you so far hasn't it LOL?!

M 13 years on 5-5-01
T 18 years
BD 4/27/14
WAW moved out 5/12/14
Papers filed 6/27/14
Divorce granted 07/17/14
V
V
You need picnic at the Lighthouse!

And to be more proactive instead of letting her lead. I see no strong masculinity in your recent responses. More placating and doing joint things when she leads or you fall into it.

Please lead.

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

I
ItHurts Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Thanks V, can you give me an example? Do you mean that I should have initiated a couple of these meet ups instead of waiting for her to text and invite me?

M 13 years on 5-5-01
T 18 years
BD 4/27/14
WAW moved out 5/12/14
Papers filed 6/27/14
Divorce granted 07/17/14
V
V
Duh!

Did you read my post earlier on I would like to.......

In this I don't mean set the date, I mean run it.

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard