Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
Z
Z
I don't think there's anything wrong in him desiring to see you in yoga pants. But there's a lot wrong with him asking for a picture before he's ever met you.

First off, prioritizing the shape of someone's rear end before bothering to get to know someone as a person seems entirely backwards.

Beyond that, it's culturally considered rude at best and in some contexts could be considered sexual harassment (i.e. if this happened in the work place it could be a fire-able offence). Whether or not you're offended it speaks a lot about this person to lead in this manner.

Finally, it indicates that he isn't carefully striking up conversations with a select few women that he thinks he'd like to get to know better. It sends the message that he is burning through hundreds of profiles hoping to find women that have very liberal views towards sexual innuendo and probably towards casual sex.

None of this seems like what you're looking for. I'd say he did you a favor by eliminating himself before you wasted more time.

I haven't done OLD so I'm probably way naive here, but it seems to me I'd be very selective, talk to one woman at a time, discuss only enough up front to know that there we had the basic components to justify a meeting, then go out and get to know each other in a very casual setting. Not trying to see if I could end up scoring, but rather feeling the person out to start to form a picture of whether they were good LTR material. And if that doesn't work with OLD because no one else does that then I wouldn't play the game.

Oh wait, I don't. I guess my advice is how to stay single. It's that or send yoga pictures to pick up artists. Good luck G. Your daily dose of sunshine from your pal Zues. wink

Me:38 XW:38
T:11 years M:8 years
Kids: S14, D11, D7
BD/Move out day: 6/17/14, D final Dec 15
C
C
I recently heard the term "dating with a purpose", I came across it when researching the Christian term of being equally yoked. I don't think that there are many people on OLD who are dating with a purpose, it's all about the here and now. I know that we all know this, but I repeat it because it is unfortunate that a tool that could be so useful in meeting new people is so cluttered with people that are still broken and either haven't taken the time to heal or are so broken that they may never heal.

I read one ladies profile the other day, she spent most of the profile about how she wants to find a guy to become her best friend, then forge that into a R, kind of a take it slow and build it correctly approach. Then the last thing she wrote was "if we go out and you find that you don't want to pursue a R and just want to hook up, don't play games, just say so, you never know it may be your lucky day, I have needs too." I sat there and wondered what guy in their right mind would go slow with this lady, all the while knowing that if he wasn't into trying to build a LTR he'd probably be getting laid already.

anyway, the problem is Ginger that a lot of girls on OLD dating appear (to me anyway) to just be looking for hook-ups or at least very open to the idea, so guys know that if they just ask enough ladies they will get the answer they are looking for.

M - 9 1/2 years
5/5/16 - Bomb drop - 3 week EA
10/31/16 - We sold house
01/10/18 - D Finalized
D
D

D
D

D
D

When OLD was young it was good, but the new OLD isn't nearly as good. We need a new-new OLD that's more like the old OLD. Of course, as the new-new OLD becomes old, it'll probably become like the new OLD so we'll be stuck with new-new OLD that used to be better than new OLD but still not as good as old OLD.

J
J
Zues i actually used your approach to OLD to the T.
For me, indicators for similar morals was my guiding point in who to take a chance with and who to avoid. One guy was telling me about his belief that "children cant be happy without happy parents and how it was his turn to be happy" that comment scared the hell out of me and i never met up with him. The guy that told me "it would take something really drastic to break up with someone i have already invested in" and "everyone that knows me will tell you i work hard at everything i do, including relationships" was the one i gave a chance to.

Ginger, regarding your pole..that is completely offensive and inappropriate. Hes not worth a response or 2nd thought. Just ignore him like you would a guy screaming insulting stuff out their car windows. Those responses are par for the course. Hes a nervy motherf'er though.

Doodler, hahaha!

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
J
J
Kml

I think we are all trying to identify that trait that will prevent us from wasting time and suffering great pain and loss! .

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
K
kml Offline
K
Haha yes, but if that trait is "white guy" there goes most of my local dating pool!
My friend suggested I just go on a few coffee dates and see if I can overcome my white guy aversion. Kind of a desensitization program lol

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I must really stink at this. I obviously stink at the whole men thing.

It's quite all right if they want to see me in yoga pants. I'd love to see a guy in good-fitting jeans, and hopefully one day I would get to. But to ask for it? I've got a really nice butt too, and if they actually got to know me, they would eventually get to see me in yoga pants (cause that's all I wear when I am not at work). It's just unreal sometimes.

I am talking to another guy, who is decent. But he is asking questions about how I balance my social life with working full time and being a divorced mother. It doesn't work for a lot of men, and I get that. Just another challenge.

I saw exH and OWW at D10's dance class today. He invited me to their house for dinner tonight, but I declined. He also asked me if I would be ready for volleyball in fall because he is forming a team and he wants me on it. Again, I can't make this sh!t up!

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
On the plus side, I had 3 elderly female patients call me beautiful and said I have the most gorgeous eyes.

And you'll never believe this..... one patient loves to see me because he calls me his ray of sunshine because I am always smiling and I lift his mood. Me! Can you imagine that?!

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard