Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
L
L
Sure does!

One of the quotes that helped me out early on was no one ever died from a divorce. Also, happy marriages never end in divorce.

Better things are ahead I am sure of it. Just understanding that difference between men and women are going to help immensely in the dating world.

T
OP Offline
T
Quote:
Not to be Debbie Downer, but just remember, just like you're putting up the best pictures you can find of yourself, so are they. And they are spinning the narrative to make themselves sound great.

I am trying to weed out those that seem to have old pictures and if they have no BIO they are completely out. Tend to focus on those with kids as I think that will be an obvious no brainer if something serious transpires.

Some of the pictures are also kinda fuzzy and not clear....or if they don't have full length body shots I tend to throw those out as well.

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
T
OP Offline
T
Quote:
Better things are ahead I am sure of it. Just understanding that difference between men and women are going to help immensely in the dating world.

Of course better things are ahead, I believe that 100 per cent. Yes, I agree,just being more knowledgeable and less naive is going to be a hug leg up on the competition.

I was nervous at first that I might run into my EW s profile if she uses BUMBL....so far so good

Last edited by Cadet; 05/23/18 10:57 AM. Reason: restored post

Married 14, Together 17
C
C
Check the spelling on naive - no special character, caused the disappearing post

Me-70, D37,S36
G
G
Originally Posted By: Joseph9
Quote:
Not to be Debbie Downer, but just remember, just like you're putting up the best pictures you can find of yourself, so are they. And they are spinning the narrative to make themselves sound great.

I am trying to weed out those that seem to have old pictures and if they have no BIO they are completely out. Tend to focus on those with kids as I think that will be an obvious no brainer if something serious transpires.

Some of the pictures are also kinda fuzzy and not clear....or if they don't have full length body shots I tend to throw those out as well.

I've been at this online dating thing, on and off, way too long, and what I have learned.....

I do not put my best pictures up at all. I actually put maybe one nice picture, and the rest are as real as can be: one without make-up, full body shots, and some of me doing something stupid..... like the one of me eating a turkey leg in Disney, or the one I put up of me in front of the Christmas tree in my Christmas pug t shirt and weird Christmas leggings with a bottle of wine in one hand and my santa wine glass in another.....oh, and the one of me at a beer fest kissing a piece of stuffed bacon. I have curly hair that I straighten sometimes, and I make sure I have pictures of both.

I have intentions of meeting people, and I keep it as real as can be, because, really, who wants to be disappointed in person? It would probably make me really sad if a guy felt "duped" by my pictures online. Who wants to be a let down. SO usually, a guy is physically attracted to me in person, as well as in pictures, because I don't deceive or use stupid filters. what you see is what you get!

This bumble thing is blowing up my phone. Good looking guys, but horrible conversationalists.

Don't worry, J, its early in the game, have fun with it. If you can grab a date, do it, it's good practice anyways, and you never know, you might like her.

P.S., my humor is also very, um, not typical for a woman. I try to keep it on the d.l. though, because I can be so inappropriate, guys think I want only one thing!

T
OP Offline
T
My pictures are all recent within the last year so I found it difficult to find a ton of those amazing shots. Most of the amazing ones of me on vacation, on the beach, etc. have the EW in them as well so obviously that won't work and cropping just made them look weird.

I have a buddy that used BUMBL and he said it took a little time. I will admit that I did have a little complex last night as to why my phone wasn't blowing up but I am not sweating it any more. I assume the girls get more swipes than the guys any way and I also assume the ladies have some inventory to go through. I consider myself a pretty good looking, fit and intelligent person so it is just a matter of time.

Your right G.....just having fun with it, not taking it too serious and if something materializes and I meet a few ladies to talk to on the way then it's just a bonus. Either way I am happy, fulfilled and have two amazing girls....anything else is just a bonus.

No matches this morning smile

Married 14, Together 17
M
M
That's a great attitude to have. This is almost like another GAL activity - have fun, don't take it too seriously. You have built a great life for you and your D's and this is just adding more to it. This is a good start and now see where it takes you.

No one is coming to save you!

T
OP Offline
T
Thanks M...it is kind of fun. I change up some of my pics and my profile. See if that makes a difference.

Married 14, Together 17
T
OP Offline
T
Alright, changed the profile up again and added a couple of new pics with my dogs. Have got a few more hits but not from anyone that I would consider dating. Oh well, it is still early and it is exciting when you find out someone swiped R on picture.

In other news the EW and I have exchanged emails about every day for some sort of kid related coordination. She still jokes with me, still makes her inside jokes we had when we were together so I still find it kind of strange.

My 3rd grader is running for student council so last night I ended up at craft store with her so we could find stuff to make a poster with so she can use it for her campaign. TBH I haven't spent much time in craft stores but it was fun none the less smile she also has to give a 2 min speech in front of the class so we worked on that as well.

Going out on a local lake this evening to watch fireworks with some friends. We have some really close family friends that we spend a lot of time with during the summers out boating with them. The kids love to swim, ride the jet ski's etc. so it is this time of year, when the water warms up that we really get to enjoy ourselves. We probably spend 3 out of the 4 weekends a month out with them in some capacity. Also additional opportunities for new profile pics!

Married 14, Together 17
G
G
Honestly, there is no substance at all to that Bumble. I have matched with a lot of guys, I sent my opening message, very few respond. I couldn't even message all of them, so I wouldn't take it personally, it's just a lot of work on the woman's end!

You should consider something with more substance. Where you actually find out a little more than a one-liner.

I got a lot of interest on the other sites, but not nearly as much as this one. Why? Because it's all by looks. (not saying I am some drop-dead gorgeous hottie) but I think if men realized I had a child, I was divorced, or our interests didn't match, they would have never chosen me.

Anyways, have fun this weekend. My daughter alerted me this morning that we have to "DIY" her friend day shirt by next Friday. She is with her father all weekend, but, she knows who to go to do anything that actually needs to get done.

FWIW, I bet you end up dating someone you meet the "natural" way.

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard