Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
M
Maika Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Haha - just realized it's one year this week since BD! oh boy it's been a long journey. I honestly couldn't have imagined being here in this emotional and mental state a year ago.

Man, the world fell apart, but I picked up the pieces and am putting everything back together - different but better.

Big shout out to everyone here - in particular AS, Sandi, Benito, J9, LH, LC, Blu, TxHubby, Vanilla, Holding, Tread, Rose, CW, Slater, Nicole and many many others. This community is a huge part of why I am here today standing strong.

I am loving life everyday and getting closer to my goals.

No one is coming to save you!

T
T
M - You are a fuching warrior! Chin up, chest out, your world....everyone else is renting space.

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
M
Maika Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks J9. With everything that's happened in my life, I do feel like a bloody warrior after everything I've been through.

Life has been really good in the last week and I feel my mojo coming back. The world is truly open and I am ready to fully step out and enjoy it.

D
D
M, I had mulitple BD but the first one was a little over a year ago. Never thought I would ever be in this position but I am and I'm dealing with it. Doesn't do me or anyone else(my kids) any good dragging my tail around playing the woe is me card, too much awesome life to live!!

You're updates, I got to say are truly inspirational! I followed along and tried to implement things you were doing because it seemed you had you sh$t together. Keep up the hard work, it will pay of one these days!

Me 47 WW 44
T25 yrs M20
S18 S14 D12
Divorced 3/12/2018
M
Maika Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks dusty for the kinds words and encouragement. I am just sharing my journey and trying my best to be the best version of myself so that i can look at the man in the mirror and be content. Mentally and emotionally I am hella proud of this man, but physically, I still need to lose some pounds and get those abs of steel lol. I just want to be in better shape and if those abs come with it, i'll be a happy camper.

I've gotten so much inspiration from others here too and I faked holding my $hit together just to get by, and only since about 2 weeks I feel that I actually have my $hit together. It's been a big shift and I am very happy about it.

I know I am on the path to my goals and it's the best anyone can ask of themselves. I am putting in the work and not letting life happen to me anymore. It's such an empowering feeling to take charge of your life and know that you have the ability to make those changes others just dream about.

I know I am a better man than I was a year ago. Just a few minutes ago a younger person on my staff thanked me for my mentorship and it was such a great feeling. I don't think I would've been able to do that a year ago.

It is paying dividends and I am being patient and compassionate towards myself. Turning this ship will take time, but I have my hands on the wheel now.

L
L
Originally Posted By: Maika
Thanks J9. With everything that's happened in my life, I do feel like a bloody warrior after everything I've been through.

I told my therapist a few months ago that I feel invincible. That I can accomplish anything I fuching want. That's really how I feel now.

T
T
LH - The legend lives! What's new?

Married 14, Together 17
L
L
Well I am officially D d living in the same house sleeping in the same bed and still having sex lol. She closes next week but wants to stay and not tell the kids until school is over. I think I am ok with it because it would be less stress for them and whats another month.

Rumor has hit that she has experienced bouts of sadness but I havent seen it.

Im ready for the next chapter of my life, everything is awesome right now in my life except for the one part of it.

Doing Crossfit, training for a half marathon just got a promotion and thinking about a motorcycle.

As with many situations I think shell want me back at some point but like many it will most likely be too late.

I went through hell but came out on the other side. Im a better man for it and will try to pay it forward and keep on keeping on lol!

Last edited by Cadet; 05/11/18 01:25 PM. Reason: restored post
C
C
Originally Posted By: LH19
Well I am officially D d living in the same house sleeping in the same bed and still having sex lol. She closes next week but wants to stay and not tell the kids until school is over. I think I am ok with it because it would be less stress for them and whats another month.

Rumor has hit that she has experienced bouts of sadness but I havent seen it.

Im ready for the next chapter of my life, everything is awesome right now in my life except for the one part of it.

Doing Crossfit, training for a half marathon just got a promotion and thinking about a motorcycle.

As with many situations I think shell want me back at some point but like many it will most likely be too late.

I went through hell but came out on the other side. Im a better man for it and will try to pay it forward and keep on keeping on lol!

Stop using contractions and your posts will appear.

Me-70, D37,S36
T
T
Interesting......how did u handle when it was official? Do your kids have any clue what is going on? I have not seen any sadness from my W either, but I am sure they will experience it at some point. No OM has appeared on the scene yet and I agree at some point I feel my W will want to come back as well. I am moving closer to dating again, today it has been 1 month since it was official.

Have you been training long for the 1/2? My ex ran marathons and it always amazed me how someone could run that long. What do you think about? I still hit the gym 6 days a week but havent had the desire to do anythIng like that yet. Makes me think?

Do you have experience with riding a motorcycle? My dad always had them when I was growing up.

Last edited by Cadet; 05/13/18 01:51 PM. Reason: restored post

Married 14, Together 17
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard