Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
D
D
I'm just telling you, OLD is the land of misfit toys - which is why we don't fit in! It really is.

Gay guy ghosting you us actually probably a good thing in the end but I get it, even "he" is ghosting you? But is it really ghosting, like he's ignoring your texts or calls? Either way ITS NOT YOU!!!!!!

Was with this guy on Sunday. He's in his 50s never been married but totally one of those guys who does not fit in. He's nice enough and harmless, on disability from his life long career of a grocery store stock manager (I'm not kidding either) again, nice guy but just clueless. Now his kidneys have shut down and he's on dialysis - thus the full disability. Imagine our shock when he shows up with a "girlfriend". The rest of us are all like... ???? "How did you two meet?" We ask. match dot com was their answer. Of course it was!

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
J
J
Haha! Im a little bit misfitty, so that makes complete sense.

Theres just a lot of messed up people out there i think. And it takes some luck.

1. You have to weed out the waywards that divorced their spouse in search of happinesss.

2. You have to weed out people that are single for a reason.

3. You have to weed out pedophiles and con artists and scammers and serial killers and the polyamorous.

So i think it requires intuition and luck. Its a bit of a numbers name.

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
J
J
DB should have a singles and looking to date section. That might not be entirely healthy though. But any more dangerous then OLD?

Twins age 5
WAH in summer
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted By: JujuB
DB should have a singles and looking to date section. That might not be entirely healthy though. But any more dangerous then OLD?

Been there, done that, lol.....

One has indeed, been more dangerous than OLD, believe it or not.

Really though. I have been weeding for years. Anyone who starts off good, becomes someone who must be weeded out. I've done it all and have been unsuccessful for years. It's not meant for me. I deleted my app, because when I read the profile of the guys communicating with me, I actually became angry. I'm just done. The ones who come across decent on paper end of having something that is a dealbreaker. You, know, like being gay, or serious perversion. They hold those tight to their vests and then just zero in when they think it's safe.

D
D
Originally Posted By: Ginger1
You, know, like being gay, or serious perversion.

Picky, picky, picky...

D
D
One of the things that I find totally frustrating in OLD is the lack of personal insight most people have. Men seem to think it is ok to be very picky about what they want in a woman (certain height, certain weight, certain body type, etc.), but those same men tend to NOT be ones who care about their own self. I just ran across a profile the other day when I had logged in to clear out messages that perfectly illustrated my point.

On a side note, I need to just take my profile down because I never respond to messages. In fact, Sparky's very first message was the last time I engaged online and we quickly moved to another platform through which to communicate.

Anyway, this particular profile and message caught my attention because it was a guy I went to high school with and while we were actually friends and ran in the same circle in high school, he clearly either doesn't remember me or didn't recognize me in the photos (though I look VERY much like I did in high school, so I doubt that he didn't recognize me...I'm leaning toward just not remembering at all). Anyway, in high school, he was kinda cute, but not really the sharpest tool in the shed, but he was a nice guy. He's done well for himself in many respects post high school, but the grammar on his profile was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad. But he was quick to say he preferred an educated woman. The smart a$$ in me immediately thought, well yeah, you NEED an educated woman to teach you some darn grammar. I know that makes me sound SO snotty, but I just can't abide that. It is frustrating and annoying to me and seems to just be lazy. It's not that hard to write properly but he writes just like I remember him speaking and I just can't even with someone who truly thinks "ain't" is an actual word. And, dang I sound snotty to the nth degree now. LOL I probably made a grammatical error too, that now makes me look hypocritical but you get my point, hopefully.

Another one I saw that same day was a relatively nice looking guy who was talking about wanting a woman who was fit (nothing wrong with that) as he has an active lifestyle and wants someone to enjoy activities like jogging, biking, hiking, etc. with him. Ok, no problem, at least he didn't come out and say "no fat chicks". But, he went on and on about how he's not hung up on looks, but kept describing himself as tall, fit, athletic, handsome. Then when you read the actual specs of his profile and look at his pics, he's 5'7" and he's a bit overweight. Not that I am judging his weight, mind you, because I AM a fat chick and have no right to do so, however, don't put yourself out there as being "tall" when you are 5'7" and don't say you are fit and athletic, when you clearly are not. To me, that goes back to what I said at the beginning about lack of personal insight. Frustrating.........................

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
J
J
Dawn is so right!!! I found that really annoying as well. A lot of men were like that with age. They would specify and ask people to respect their age criteria and then that same guy that was past my age criteria would write to me. I dont mind that if i said my cut off was 10 years older, and soneone 11 years older wrote to me. But it wqs pretty nervy of them to specify that they did not want a certain age woman writing to them and then ignore me. Or to not want to date a woman their own age. That was a red flag.

Twins age 5
WAH in summer
B
B
I found it so hilarious that these old geezers clearly in their 70s were looking for women 30-45, fit, athletic, etc.

I remember looking at these profiles and the photos of these guys and thinking, "Why would someone young enough to be your daughter want YOU?"

maybe I'm shallow but ... it was ridiculous!

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
K
kml Offline
K
Well first - let me say I'm not one to judge, as I have dated some men who were much younger then me.

But I have read articles about studies showing that when men look in the mirror, they see an inflated version of themselves. While women focus on their flaws, men apparently think they're hot stuff even with a Santa Claus beard and beer belly.

My experience in the past was that when I contacted men who'd set their age limit a little below my age, they usually weren't bothered at all by my age. I think for some, they're just worried about people who are old mentally - rigid, uninterested in new things etc. I set my upper age limit just a few years older than mine, but if a guy contacted me who was above my age range but was healthy fit and interesting, I'd be interested.

(I heard a story through a friend about a women who went to meet her OLD for lunch. He was much older than his photos, frail. When he figured out she wasn't going to go to a motel with her he asked for a ride home because his son had driven him there. Being a nice person, she dropped him off - at his NURSING HOME!!!!)

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
A whole bunch of D bags really. High standards for everyone else, but themselves.

Well, it's that time of year again. Mother's day, my bday, my mom's bday..... where I just get depressed. Every year I have hope I might be in a different place, then another year comes, and I am still alone.

D10 went with her dad last night and I was supposed to go to spin with 2 friends but they backed out and I decided not to go. I just laid on the couch and cried and watched TV. I had a million and one things to do and I felt like doing none of them.

I was discharged from PT and I am really sad about it. I never saw my surgeon because his office is awful, and I just discharged myself. I miss everyone already.

What can I say? I am lonely. I wish I had family. I always imagined my house being busy with kids and an H and members of both of our families. And really, I have none. NO brothers or sisters, nieces or nephews, and I always hoped to have some through M atleast. Dad lives in another state, Mom is dead.

It's a lonely life. I'd give almost anything to just move away and start over. Nothing is keeping here. Just my exH, really.

I am freaking out about work too. Some things they did not clue me in on. Like the main Care manager is going to Jamaica for 2 weeks, in one week, with me, only a month into the job. They cross trained a floor nurse (pretty much at the same time as me, she's new to this role too) to work with me while she is gone. Well, the floor manager wants her to work the floor and there is a battle. I cannot handle this for 2 weeks, with all the patients alone. I just can't. There is so much I don't know yet. I'll burn to the ground, probably run out crying, and then to top it off, after I learned all these computer programs, we are getting a whole new system starting the Monday she comes back.... which equals no time off for a month, and a whole new learning curve. I love the job, but they left out this BS.

Just feeling down.

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard