Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
44tries Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: doodler

44tries, you're panicking and you're going to exhaust yourself and drown. Relax a little and go with the flow.

Thanks, doodler. I am a huge fan of metaphors and this one is great. I will do my best and remind myself I am in a riptide every time the anxiety spikes.

M: 26 W: 26
M: 1.5 T: 3
No kids
BD: 31 March 2018

W's affair began: 23 March 2018
Affair confirmed: 18 April 2018
Confrontation/claims she ended A: 14 May 2018
Ended in-house separation: July 2018
O
O
This will be short because I'm on mobile and don't have a whole lot of lunch break left.

DO NOT MOVE OUT!

SHE wanted the separation. It is on HER to figure things out. By the way, did you know that her command will move HER to the barracks if there is an issue? That's right! This is your marital home and as her spouse, you have rights.

You need to go talk to the local JAG office ASAP. Figure out exactly what your rights are. Do NOT tell her you're going. Just go when she is at work.

Me: 28
H: 30
T: 9 M: 7

WAH: First half of 2017. Round 2 started in Spring 2018.

Husband has begun an affair.
44tries Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: Olya
This will be short because I'm on mobile and don't have a whole lot of lunch break left.

DO NOT MOVE OUT!

SHE wanted the separation. It is on HER to figure things out. By the way, did you know that her command will move HER to the barracks if there is an issue? That's right! This is your marital home and as her spouse, you have rights.

You need to go talk to the local JAG office ASAP. Figure out exactly what your rights are. Do NOT tell her you're going. Just go when she is at work.

Thank you, Olya. You and Amoafwl have helped me rule out leaving as an option. I don't want to, and she isn't forcing me to, at least not yet. I am just struggling with how to give her the space she needs. I had not considered the possibility of having her moved to the dorms...if she does decide to push me to leave, I am glad to have this in my arsenal. Also, this could be an option for her to pursue if she truly wishes for that space.

No kids

O
O
Yeah, but don't tell HER about it. You are not here to arm her with more information. If she wants to live alone, it is on her to figure things out.

Me: 28
H: 30
T: 9 M: 7

WAH: First half of 2017. Round 2 started in Spring 2018.

Husband has begun an affair.
M
M
Originally Posted By: 44tries
I am just struggling with how to give her the space she needs.

What are you doing tonight for GAL?

44tries Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: Amoafwl
Originally Posted By: 44tries
I am just struggling with how to give her the space she needs.

What are you doing tonight for GAL?

On Thursday nights, I have weekly quizzes for one of my classes, so I just got done studying for and submitting that. Now, I'm working on a submission for a contest hosted by a company my sister told me about where she makes some extra side income (graphic design is one of my hobbies, my sister is full-time).

W is off work the next two days and I already know she has no plans and will probably be home the entire time. I do NOT intend to do the same. I have already scouted out a mountain bike trail I plan to ride tomorrow and I have a Meetup event lined up for Saturday.

No kids

44tries Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: Olya
Yeah, but don't tell HER about it. You are not here to arm her with more information. If she wants to live alone, it is on her to figure things out.

No, don't worry I would never. But, it was a good point that showed me her hands are not tied and I don't need to feel like she doesn't have the option to leave.

No kids

44tries Offline OP
OP Offline
Update:

Got up this morning to start my day and W got in the bed after I got up. She asked if I wanted to go shopping (a 1.5 hour drive we usually make about once a month to get stuff we need from an installation that actually has real stores). Told her I was going to the gym and then biking, but if she wanted to go afterward, sure. She agreed.

I felt great at the gym. I could literally the feel the empowerment increase with every rep. I acknowledged and owned that I am a strong, smart person who will be successful and happy in life with or without W. I was just there to do my workout and these thoughts came on their own. It felt good.

The rest of the day was overall good. W and I got the shopping done, had lunch together, and even stopped at some outlets on the way home and each got a new pair of shoes and some stuff for our dogs. The whole drive down she told me about every music festival lineup happening in this region of the world over the summer. Sort of confusing as I wasn't under the impression she would be wanting me to go with her to this kind of thing, but I just enjoyed the conversation and let it be. We had a great day, lots of laughs. It was also long and tiring, but not in a bad way.

On the drive home, something interesting happened. She spent most of it texting her friends and I had my thoughts to myself. Casually wondering how she has so much to say over text (I never have such long conversations with people), I had the thought that whether or not she was having an EA (again, I do not have any reason to think this is the case), it didn't really matter. By declaring she is leaving the relationship, she is effectively saying she wants to be in an A. She wants to see other people and live a different life. She is giving up on me and the life that entails. I didn't feel hurt, I felt anger. I thought back to her saying in "the talk" that she didn't have fun with me and I thought, B. S. We had fun today, I don't think even she would debate that. She might be bored, unsatisfied, whatever. And our marriage no doubt has issues. But I think she has lost a bit of my respect for how she has chosen to approach the problem, and today I let myself feel angry about it. I don't know if this is a step forward or back, but it's something different than what I've felt this past week.

She got a work assignment and will be gone for a few days next week. Seems the universe has granted us a little built-in time apart. She asked me TWICE today if I was okay with her going. I told her of course, I was happy for her because I know she loves these temporary duties and they don't come often. But, again confusing that she would ask my permission. She didn't mention anything about my thoughts or me leaving today despite ample opportunity. I think she has accepted that I don't intend to do go anywhere and it's on her to take action. I can't help but feel like things are slowly sliding back to being 'normal'. I guess this is a positive, but it also feels like limbo. I am taking one day at a time.

Tomorrow I go right back to GAL and working on myself.

No kids

S
S
How long did you know each other before moving in together?

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
44tries Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: sandi2
How long did you know each other before moving in together?

We dated about a year before moving in together. We were not friends before we started dating.

No kids

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard