Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P
PEW1974 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Your right. No more trying, just doing. Thanks

T
T
Pew....thanks man, it definately has been a journey but one of the most rewrarding journies in my life! Look we all have failed, no one is perfect at this.

Open the cage door and set her free! It is your only hope. It is tough, everyone is different, different circumstances, finacially, emotionally, etc. I think once you start to make some decisions you will find your confidence starting to grow. Both of you need time and space from each other and you are currently not getting that.

IMO the quicker you set her on her way the more likely she may want to return. You have indicated how much you love your W could setting her free be your ultimate sign of that?

Can try, can do......make it happen!

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
J
J
Doodler,

Great quote. Something I needed to read today.

M:37 W:37
T:11 M:10
S17, S13, S10, S4
BD:06/28/17
OM confirmed 07/20/17
Recon the M 10/29/17
Working hard:2gether

Onward and forward

This process is not a sprint it's a marathon! Patience, Patience, Patience.
J
J
Doodler,

That quite is now attributed to you.

M:37 W:37
T:11 M:10
S17, S13, S10, S4
BD:06/28/17
OM confirmed 07/20/17
Recon the M 10/29/17
Working hard:2gether

Onward and forward

This process is not a sprint it's a marathon! Patience, Patience, Patience.
G
G
Pew,

We are almost in the same place. I am looking at apartments today. You can do this!

Gordie 40s W 40s M20+ kids
2016 BD W fantasy affair w OM1 I do everything wrong
2017 I start to DB W says TLTL files for D PA w OM2
2018 I do LRT W drops filing and OM2 situation slowly improving
P
PEW1974 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Thanks Gordie. Ironically enough I was just finishing reading your latest thread when I saw your comment. You are definitely further along mentally/emotionally than I am. I am getting there. The irrational thoughts of our W's is unreal.

P
PEW1974 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Happy New Year to all. So the new year has begun and I have begun the search for alternative living arrangements. Unfortunately, apartments are so damn expensive I am unsure if it is financially possible at the moment. Still trying to crunch the numbers or see if I can crash with a friend for a while.

My W has been trying to engage with me but I have kept her at a distance. She got real angry the other night cause my son was not listening and then directed her anger at me. I remained somewhat calm, just ignored her and proceeded to get my S8 into his shower and get him ready for bed. It was the first time in several months that she has showed this nasty side of her. So I put my son to bed and and fell asleep in his room.

The next morning, as I walked in the MBR to get my clothes for a shower, she apologized and tried to get me to come into bed next to her. All I could do was just acknowledge her apology and walked out to wash up for work. I was going into work late so I could take my D18 to the airport for her to go back to college in Florida. So I was still home when after she took my S8 to school. She tried apologizing again and I proceeded to tell her that I will not accept being treated like that and that I think we need some space from each other. She then started crying and asked if I could come back home after taking our D to the airport. I replied no I needed to go to work.

So this is where we stand right now. My think son is starting to sense something is going on between us and that part is breaking my heart. Really trying to get a grip of my emotions at the moment and figure out the best way to proceed.

V
V
Originally Posted By: PEW1974

The next morning, as I walked in the MBR to get my clothes for a shower, she apologized and tried to get me to come into bed next to her. All I could do was just acknowledge her apology and walked out to wash up for work. I was going into work late so I could take my D18 to the airport for her to go back to college in Florida. So I was still home when after she took my S8 to school. She tried apologizing again and I proceeded to tell her that I will not accept being treated like that and that I think we need some space from each other. She then started crying and asked if I could come back home after taking our D to the airport. I replied no I needed to go to work.

I think you handled the situation very well.

------------------
P
PEW1974 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
FastCars, thank you for your comment. At one point while she was crying she said she didn't want me to leave. That normally would have gotten to me but this time I mentally stopped and realized that all she really cares is not losing her comfortable situation. Its still hard to process how manipulative she can be when saying things like this.

G
G
P,

Good work at twisting her advances. How is the apartment hunt? It took me a while to find something affordable but finally found a place for a move in a few weeks. We’ll get through this whether or not our wives wake up.

Gordie 40s W 40s M20+ kids
2016 BD W fantasy affair w OM1 I do everything wrong
2017 I start to DB W says TLTL files for D PA w OM2
2018 I do LRT W drops filing and OM2 situation slowly improving
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard