Originally Posted By: Painful

She proposed very-very favorable (for me) terms, asked if I'd agree and not contest and said she'd do all the papers and file. I'd be stupid to contest what she proposed, so she obviously wants it done painlessly and in the shortest time (3 months in our state).

I know it's awful to go through, but count yourself lucky in this regard. The alternative of going through a long, drawn-out court battle to split the sheets is miserable indeed.

Quote:
I had a flicker of hope that her A would end and she would think about recon but all that seems to be squashed now.

The WAS rarely comes back on the LBS's timeline. This is one of the biggest challenges of DB'ing, the timeline is almost always MUCH longer than the LBS expects and often involves S and or D in the meantime. But there IS always hope, it's there as long as YOU want to hold onto it. Recons happen even years after D.

Quote:
CAN ANYTHING AT ALL CAN BE ATTEMPTED AT THIS POINT TO SALVAGE IT?

Keep working on yourself. Get out and GAL. Put her behind you. Put your future in front of you. Leave her to sort her own mess. It only takes one to D, so if you're asking if you can stop the D, no you can't. But does that mean the two of you are over? It might, it might not. No one can say. It's been over 5 years since BD for me, my XW started showing signs of affection towards me somewhere around 9 months ago. Buying me gifts, making treats for me, etc. She just invited me over for Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve. Sometimes I wonder if she's dropping hints, but honestly I've moved on to the point that I can't picture a recon at all, it just seems like a foreign idea. Anyway my point is not to let D get you down, D is only the end if YOU want it to be.

Quote:
I've been good at very limited C, no talks about R/A/AP/M, going to the gym, losing 25-30 lbs, GAL whenever possible, being civil and upbeat during kid exchanges, etc.

Perfect! Keep it up!

Me: 60 w/ S18, D24, D27

M: 21 years; BD: 06-14-12; S: 09-10-12; D final: 03-17-14; XW:57