Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
JujuB #2764671 10/08/17 01:27 AM
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
HI bttfly and Juju. Thanks for checking in. I am feeling a little better, thank you. It is official, official, the grades came in for my last class which is 100% so I am good to go! I can't wait until I am holding that diploma in my hand.

D10 went with her dad Thursday night for the first time in 10 days. I went to PT and they all ask for her I realized how much I missed her. I picked her up Friday, then she went with her dad again. She texted me Friday night that she missed me already. I saw her Saturday morning for her game. There is OWW chatting me up like her bestie. She was sure to tell me that her sister went to her parents finally and it was a great visit. Oh I am so thrilled. I left after half time and went to the GYM! I am so sore today! I love it! I was able to do the bike and upper body. Hey, and there is major eye candy at my gym. FF and joined this gym together. I think he went once. His new GF works the front desk at a different one so surely he goes there now. I think I am going to go to the gym today too.

Friday night I did absolutely nothing and it was really nice! Last night I went out with my dad and stepmom and her mom for a celebration dinner of my completing school. My dad told me to take uber so I could enjoy some beverages. We were talking last night and he told me he brags to his friends all the time about me. He said his friends have some crappy kids who just take and take and feel entitled (as adults with children) and he is so very thankful I am not that way. He said he knew I never had it easy yet I accomplished so much on my own. He knows of the sacrifices I have made and he says he is very proud of me. It meant a lot to hear.

Weight watchers is going well. I only lost 2 lbs the first week, but I stuck to the plan and picked really good choices going out last night. I can do this. I want to do this.

Now that I rambled in the insignificant details of my life, here are the big ones.....

A job change is definitely coming. I was talking to a coworker who used to work in my department and she told me I would be really well-suited as a hospital case manager. years ago I tried to become one, but everyone wanted experience. She was a case manager, she has contacts and she will help me out. The hospital in our system near where I currently work now is a mess in the case management department, she was told me her source said it's a bad move now. But another hospital in our system, a little farther away has a position and they are well run. There is actually another hospital in our system 10 min away from me..... but they aren't hiring case managers right now, but it would be very ideal. So I have been contemplating this decision all weekend. I have always wanted to do this. I could work with patients and families again in the hospital environment, use my critical thinking skills, but not have to do hands on work. It's a demanding job and it won't be as flexible, so I need to make sure this is the right decision. I really do need the challenge. I didn't become a nurse to sit behind a desk and spit out numbers. I have been doing what is right for D10 and now, maybe now that she is in middle school I can challenge myself a bit.

IN addition, my therapist said for my love and social life, I really need a change in environment. I work with some great people..... they are all 15 years my senior. But the same married people since day one. Working all with a variety of people, being the hospital would be good for me. There was a case manager at my old hospital who had a goal to meet a doctor and marry him. She did. She married a surgeon. Mission accomplished, haha! And he is also a super nice sweet, divorced surgeon. usually that are arrogant arses, but he is nice, we hang out once a year for an event.

Change is coming. I am just fearing making a decision I will regret.

Ginger1 #2764678 10/08/17 03:26 AM
Z
Z
Congratulations G. I don't know what's coming next but it can't get any tougher than it's been.

Giving up flexibility is hard when you have a child and not much support. But if the opportunity brings challenges and rewards and the hours fly by and you feel it is meaningful work, well, that could be pretty interesting. I'm glad you're putting your feelers out there. We all agree with your dad, we're all proud of you.

Me:38 XW:38
T:11 years M:8 years
Kids: S14, D11, D7
BD/Move out day: 6/17/14, D final Dec 15
Zues126 #2764682 10/08/17 04:20 AM
K
kml Offline
K
Quote:
There is OWW chatting me up like her bestie. She was sure to tell me that her sister went to her parents finally and it was a great visit. Oh I am so thrilled.

Lol! You are a saint!

If you were to take a case manager job, would it pay you enough more to hire a sitter for D to cover the less convenient hours?

kml #2764738 10/09/17 02:13 AM
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I just wrote a big post full of b!tching and I lost it.

In a nutshell, I do believe they should name a saint after me. Probably something like "Saint Idiot" for even getting myself in this position with them. it's for my D10, of course, but I give an inch, people take a million yards. And yes, I am not completely selfless here. I am hoping karma will reward me with a love of my own.

D10 factimed me from their house last night. She thought it would be fun to have me watch exH and OWW eat sour warheads. I had to be in their living room as they are having family time and I was alone all day. I was going to bed alone.

I Fing hate this. It's painful, and I hate it.

Ginger1 #2764789 10/09/17 08:38 AM
D
D
Ginger,

I'm sorry you had a rough evening. Unfortunately, I've got a warheads story...

Back when I worked for the university, I had to go speak at an economic development seminar. It was a three hour drive and my friend and coworker went along with me. On the way to our destination, we stopped at a convenience store and bought every kind of nasty-sour candy that they had. We had Warheads, Cry Babies, Sour Power, Zotz and whatever else we could find.

We got back on the road and decided to have a contest to see who could cram the most sour candy in their mouth at one time. It was awful and great fun all at the same time. Our cheeks were bulging and we were laughing while trying to keep everything contained in our mouths. Then it happened. I couldn't take all of the sour flavor and globs of saliva in my mouth any longer. I grabbed the plastic bag that'd had all the candy in it and I spit the huge wad of candy and liquid grossness into the plastic bag. Then, I looked down and realized I'd completely missed the bag and all of that goop was on my shirt and tie. Yep, doodler gave his presentation with dried essence of sour yucky stuff on his shirt and tie.

It was a good day.

doodler #2764833 10/09/17 11:43 PM
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted By: doodler
Ginger,

I'm sorry you had a rough evening. Unfortunately, I've got a warheads story...

Back when I worked for the university, I had to go speak at an economic development seminar. It was a three hour drive and my friend and coworker went along with me. On the way to our destination, we stopped at a convenience store and bought every kind of nasty-sour candy that they had. We had Warheads, Cry Babies, Sour Power, Zotz and whatever else we could find.

We got back on the road and decided to have a contest to see who could cram the most sour candy in their mouth at one time. It was awful and great fun all at the same time. Our cheeks were bulging and we were laughing while trying to keep everything contained in our mouths. Then it happened. I couldn't take all of the sour flavor and globs of saliva in my mouth any longer. I grabbed the plastic bag that'd had all the candy in it and I spit the huge wad of candy and liquid grossness into the plastic bag. Then, I looked down and realized I'd completely missed the bag and all of that goop was on my shirt and tie. Yep, doodler gave his presentation with dried essence of sour yucky stuff on his shirt and tie.

It was a good day.

While on Face time I told D10 she had to up her challenge to 4 warheads at once and she has to triple dog dare her father, then he can't say no. He refused the challenge! I explained to D10 in front of his wife that her daddy was not a real man for not taking the challenge. You Doodler, are a real man, even if you had to spit them all over your tie.

Great parenting moment, right?

Ginger1 #2764849 10/10/17 02:26 AM
D
D
Originally Posted By: Ginger1
You Doodler, are a real man, even if you had to spit them all over your tie.

Ginger,

Thank you, thank you very much! I was already incorrigible and now I'm strutting around the office. Maybe I'll get sent home early.

doodler #2765130 10/12/17 01:13 PM
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Well, I had a talk with some people and it looks like I will be applying for that job. I have some excellent references. I hope they help. I saw my IC today and she feels I absolutely need to do this. She knows my passion for my profession, she knows how I need a new challenge in my life and a major change. I expressed that my worries aren't so much that I am going to fail at the job, it's my daughter. She said I need to do this for me. I have sacrificed so much and if exH needs to step up, it's time to call on him. And she is right. If he can't do it, and OWW wants to be stepmommy dearest, well, then let her pick up the slack.

I am still feeling the miserable feeling of isolation. I love going to PT because I get to interact with other people. My PT told me I was her favorite patient today smile. I am sure she tells everyone that. I have fun with her and the cute 24 year old PT assistant. If he was 10 years older, he would be perfect, lol.

I wish more than anything I had my family around. All I have is my dad and stepmom and they don't even live in the same state. I love when they are here. I love when people are here. I miss having FF here like you wouldn't believe. I wish I had someone to come home to.

Well, the nice thing is my dad and stepmom are going to volunteer with me on Thanksgiving. I think it is really cool. I am going to make this a thing every year I don't have D10.

Apple picking this weekend with a friend and D10. I am looking forward to it.

Ginger1 #2765131 10/12/17 01:53 PM
K
kml Offline
K
Here's hoping you get the case manager job and some handsome family physician sweeps you off your feet (no, they don't make as much as a surgeon, but they're generally nicer smile )

Ginger1 #2765132 10/12/17 02:03 PM
J
J
Hi Ginger

I love my job cause we get to interact with people all day. And I definitely have my favorite patients that come in. I feel like I am just socializing with a great friend. So shes probably telling you the truth.

I think no brainer with applying. You don't have to make decisions until you get the offer. But at least then you get to choose what feels right.

I went on a job interview unsure of whether the job would work for me and my son. I was offered it and turned it down. But that choice helped me really think about what I wanted.

Good Luck!

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard