Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Ginger1 #2762881 09/23/17 02:12 AM
J
J
We all make mistakes ginger.

When i fist started out, i gave a patient with a psych history money because i felt so bad for the story she was telling me.

She got too attached to me and then got really mad because i wouldnt put pain patches on her back because she coukd not reach to do it herself ( PTs cannot administer meds). She waited for me outside and yelled at me and then raced into the street on her scooter, alnost got hit by a car and ended up getting ,chased down by the cops later that night.

My boss was like why woukd you ever give her money and i was really embarassed by my lack of professionalism.

We all make mistakes we regret. And just so you dont feel bad, in my office we were all confused about whether you could print up your own medical reports or your kids too.

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
JujuB #2762891 09/23/17 04:45 AM
D
D
So... Not so fast here. I'm not letting this go so easily. From what I can see, you've explained why you THINK you may not get the job if you applied. The question still remains, why not at least try? I'll ask again, what is the down side? Okay, you may not get it. Is that even really a downside? Will you be in any worse place if you don't get it? But what if you do? plus the expierence would be a good one.

See what you've done now? I now have to agree with Doodler! smile sounds like you don't want the rejection? Why not at least ask the person who suggested that you apply if you stand a chance? Perhaps come right out and ask if your momentary lapse in judgement would kill your chances.

I really think this will do you good. And if not, what about returning to clinical? Or is the okay cut the problem? If do, I totally understand that - more than I understand the promotion thing! I still say you consider it!

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
DonH #2762935 09/23/17 10:52 AM
job Offline
I agree w/the others 100%...you need to apply for the position. You won't know where you stand in the "pecking" order if you don't apply. If you don't get the position, then ask what you can do to improve your situation so that you can begin working on this "so called weak areas".

You won't know until you try.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
job #2763050 09/24/17 11:59 AM
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
You guys are right. My dad says the same thing. I am really going to make sure this is an opportunity I can fit into my life. I may approach my manager now and ask her what she thinks of me applying. Part of me is scared of hearing the truth, that I wouldn't be considered because of my "infarction".

Juju, both of us had good intentions. The line gets blurry sometimes when you help someone else and hurt yourself. It was definitely a learning experience for me.

I am so beyond exhausted I have been going non-stop. ONe thing very worth mentioning is the what I found out from ex and OWW and our conversation. We were at our town's festival day where D10 cheers and then walks around with friends. Ex's psycho sister comes up in conversation, then he says to me "just to warn you, OWW's sister is like her, minus the violence. Just be aware of the conversations D10 is having with her because she is very manipulative and asks questions to get to us". Then OWW has like a half hour long convo with me about her sister. About the problems they have been having and her personality. They got in a fight the night before and she was basically venting to me and I actually gave her some advice, but really? WTF? First, my D10 has to deal with her and now OWW thinks she's my bestie? It's twilight zone all around.

Today we had that birthday party for D10 together. It worked out well. I saw his friends which I was friends with for many years. It was nice to see them. They are very kind to me and also seem like they might even miss me a little. Me and his one friend were talking about life, he was showing me all the pics of his kids.... I think now ex and OWW have been together longer than we were. or just about the same. But it is nice to know his friends still hold space for me. I think may even like me better, haha.

I may have to cry in my car sometimes to handle this situation, but I can do this for my D10. Her comfort and happiness is of utmost importance. To be able to give this to her may be one of my greatest gifts, although the hardest. I do this for her, but a little selfishly, I hope the universe also gives back to me in some way.

Next weekend is a bi-week for cheerleading, my weekend with D10 and I don't have to see them. I should have my brace off and I think we will go apple picking. Next Sunday is also my last day of school.

I'm so ready to get rid of this brace, but wow, people are so nice to me! Strangers are always holding doors open and tell me they hope I recover soon. The attention is nice, but I think it is time to say goodbye.

Ginger1 #2763079 09/25/17 01:11 AM
D
D
As usual, I'm late the party and you've already kind of made up your mind, according to your latest post, but for the record< I agree with everyone else who said you should go for the job. Everyone make mistakes and while I can understand why you think that yours might preclude you from consideration, but I don't think you should let that deter you. It might well not even be a consideration since it has happened and been dealt with already. You don't know until you try. Based on what you have said here, it sounds like you are qualified, so why not go for it?

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
Dawn70 #2763240 09/26/17 05:20 AM
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Well,

I decided to look up corporate policy on transfers. I cannot have a written warning within 6 months. Well, next week will be 6 months.

Bad news is someone who would be good for the job who used to work in our department but transferred (I am the one who took her place)wanted to apply and she asked our manager what she thought and she told her not to because the VP does not like her for some reason. she knew this, I don't know what their beef is, but she didn't think she had a chance.

So, I can just ask and risk suffering rejection. But there is part of me that is filled with fear that this is the wrong move for D10. I am a little scared that maybe this job will cause me to not be as present or if I mess it up somehow, then I have a problem. I feel selfish moving out of a cushy role with good income.

However, this role I have a feeling is also mucho dinero.

So much on the table right now.

Ginger1 #2763274 09/26/17 08:01 AM
D
D
Originally Posted By: Ginger1
So, I can just ask and risk suffering rejection. But there is part of me that is filled with fear that this is the wrong move for D10. I am a little scared that maybe this job will cause me to not be as present or if I mess it up somehow, then I have a problem. I feel selfish moving out of a cushy role with good income.

Ginger,

All you have to do is talk to your manager. If you don't like what you hear from her, then no harm, no foul. Stop overthinking it and just go have the conversation with your manager (or ex-manager).

doodler #2763351 09/26/17 11:56 PM
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted By: doodler
Originally Posted By: Ginger1

Ginger,

All you have to do is talk to your manager. If you don't like what you hear from her, then no harm, no foul. Stop overthinking it and just go have the conversation with your manager (or ex-manager).

Me overthink?!

yeah, all the time. You are right. Tomorrow is the day. We shall see how it goes.

Ginger1 #2763365 09/27/17 12:59 AM
job Offline
Ask...nothing ventured, nothing gained. And...if I were that young lady that was told the manager didn't like her, I would apply just for the sake of applying. There's no telling...that person may have a great chance of getting the position. I don't put stock in other people's opinions when it comes to applying for jobs. I would want to hear it directly for the person who is doing the hiring and not some go between.

Ask!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
job #2763395 09/27/17 03:06 AM
D
D
LOL, Ginger....I SOOOOOOO feel you on the overthinking thing. I swear, we must be sisters. LOL Good luck in asking. Hopefully you will hear what you want/need to hear, but if not, hopefully you will at least hear something that you can use to your advantage. Hang in there, lady. You got this!

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard