Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
N
Nrthman Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Thanks Treasur

Maybe the skydiving but i think i will stay away from the pole dancing shocked

In your signature you mention depression did you seek out help your self or were you coached by someone to get help?

M47 W45
S16 D18
M 25
BD January 17
N
Nrthman Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Txhubby

My plans this weekend do not involve the w and i am very much looking forward to them. For 20+ years my w and i did everything together or at least supported each other in activities. It is strange to attend things solo but the enjoyment of the events is still there.

The one thing i need in my GAL activities is to forge some new friendships and do things. I am a bit of a loner. But was never lonely.

Almost started feeling sad for myself!!! Vacation no time for that!

M47 W45
S16 D18
M 25
BD January 17
N
Nrthman Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Woundedfool,

Watched the bucket list last night that movie goes well with your 10 things list if you havent seen it i highly recommend it.

Thanks again for your imput

M47 W45
S16 D18
M 25
BD January 17
N
Nrthman Offline OP
OP Offline
N
So this a Question i hesitate to bring up because in my heart i know the answer.

Im what is concidered a stable nice guy who looks after his family and loves his kids. As people are becoming aware of my situation i have had concerned ladies offer to sit down with me and share a coffee and listen if i need to talk. Dinner and talk so and so on.

The question is if i keep this in a larger group setting will this be looked at like a GAL activity or will it look like im looking for a replacemnet for w.

M47 W45
S16 D18
M 25
BD January 17
N
Nrthman Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Sorry Treasur,

I have been reading a pile on here i realized aftef i posted that it is your h that is depressed.

Know i need yo find the person that talked about there depression and ask that question

M47 W45
S16 D18
M 25
BD January 17
T
T
Originally Posted By: Nrthman
So this a Question i hesitate to bring up because in my heart i know the answer.

Im what is concidered a stable nice guy who looks after his family and loves his kids. As people are becoming aware of my situation i have had concerned ladies offer to sit down with me and share a coffee and listen if i need to talk. Dinner and talk so and so on.

The question is if i keep this in a larger group setting will this be looked at like a GAL activity or will it look like im looking for a replacemnet for w.

I had many of these coffee sessions. They were awesome. It was so nice to sit down with a lovely member of the opposite sex that wasn't treating me like crap. It did not go unnoticed either. I highly recommend it.

The future is as bright as you demand it be.
T
T
That is AWESOME!! I have had ladies come up to me and say is she fing stupid! She is going to regret it!

Enjoy!!!!

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
W
W

Originally Posted By: Nrthman

That's tough, you are quite insightful that this has the potential to be looked at as "auditioning" for the replacement.

I would see no problem if it was indeed a group setting, but in that instance... it can be difficult to have a true vent.

The only thing in that situation is to be cautioned NOT to have this the beginnings of an EA.

Me: 43
M: 10y
S:15
ILYBINILWY 2/18/13
W moved out 2/18/13
Filed for D: 2/17/13
Got DB: 2/20/13
Got DR: 2/23/13
180 & LRT Began: 2/25/13
D Final Dec '13
T
T
Don't know why - seems quite unfair - but abandoned or widowed chaps seem to get casseroles and sympathetic ladies! I think us girls should get sympathetic chaps with toolboxes or spare wine personally!

On a serious note, nothing wrong with company and a bit of TLC - just make sure you don't make a complicated sitch more complicated or inadvertently mislead or hurt someone else, I guess. Certainly, having lost my father and my H at the same time, much as I love my girlfriends, I do miss male company and perspectives.

Me: 53 H:38
T:20 M:14
BD ILYB etc 10/15, H diagnosed severe depression
S 1/16
PA 4/16
H filed 1/17

N
Nrthman Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Thank you Wf you put into words just what i was thinking. I have a lady friend i feel i could share anything with im not physically attracked to her but it bothers me that i could sit and share my issues with her and i cant get that same sort of conversation going with my w.

I find my self looking at my wife from afar and feeling like the gap is getting wider.

Question

Why if i can find a way to connect with a female friend is it so hard to find a common ground with the w.

Question

Because i have so much contact with my w do you think asking a question like "do you enjoy these small interactions with me and the familly and if so would you like to add anything to them?" Be a smart thing to do

Woundedfool do you have a active thread at this time i have read up on your history with the renewed contact of your w imvery intsrested in how this may affect some of your choices going forward thanks again for your comments and suggestions.

M47 W45
S16 D18
M 25
BD January 17
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard