Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
D
D
Originally Posted By: 25yearsmlc
I could have just said "THIS^^^"

Well yeah, but we would've missed-out on your turd on a $hit cake metaphor. And, I'd like to add some sprinkles made of kernels of corn.

C
Coconut Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted By: sandi2
Just let it go.

this caught my eye for two reasons, first I think it may just be Sandi2's shortest post ever smile and second, it immediately made me think of the movie frozen (don't judge)..

So, because it's Monday and I don't feel like actually doing work at work, I googled moral lesson of frozen, and this gem popped up:

Elsa said it best: the past is in the past. Whatever's happened to you, whatever choices you've made, whatever hurt you've felt before today, make a decision to let it all go right now. No amount of worrying will change the past, but it will rob you of your chance for happiness in the present..

hmm, sounds like good advice to me.

To everyone else, thanks for the feedback... I'm just going to "Let it Go"...

M - 9 1/2 years
5/5/16 - Bomb drop - 3 week EA
10/31/16 - We sold house
01/10/18 - D Finalized
D
D
Originally Posted By: Coconut
...it immediately made me think of the movie frozen (don't judge)...

So now we're all going to have the "let it go" song playing in our heads. Thanks dude!

I actually think Frozen is a totally cool movie. The last time I was at Disney World I bought an Olaf stuffy. Now I can pinch Olaf every day.

B
B
C-nut, I am absolutely judging you. Doodler, you too. Sigh. What is the DB world coming to??? First Disney references, and what next?

“Forgiveness liberates the soul. It removes fear. That is why it is such a powerful weapon.” – Nelson Mandela
D
D
Blu,

Coconut is a real man; he watches Frozen from his boat that he has parked in his living room.

C
Coconut Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Ok, so those of you that know me probably new that I wouldn't be able to keep my mouth shut... But I decided to speak to the one who needed to be spoken to, not the broken third party person looking for attention... Text went like this:

Me: so apparently your buddy moved up here, and I get ambushed by my friends daughter telling me she says hi, then his wife apologizing because the kids don't know of "the issues" between me and her??? Really, like 10 words were said by text and 1 yr later she brings them up?

Almost 1,000 miles away and I can't escape your drama... I don't have any issues, if she chooses to bring drama then so be it, but I'm fine with things as they are...

Her: I have no idea what you are talking about but I'm sorry if something happened. Assuming you are talking about "friend". If something happened I will talk to her.

Me: what I'm saying is that appear toy friend confessed to my best friend that I don't like her because she is friends with you... Not because of anything else, just because she's friends with you... Apparently I'm such a petty person that just being friends with you will make someone a mortal enemy of mine.. Lol, it's so ridiculous.

You don't need to say anything to "friend" or anyone else on my behalf, this just solidified for me that I've moved on and don't want any part of it anymore... If your in a place that is ok with finalizing divorce, I'll send you the paperwork for your signature. It will only require your signature and a statement in court that the marriage is irreconcilable...

M - 9 1/2 years
10/31/16 - We sold house
01/10/18 - D Finalized
B
B
(currently frozen with my jaw hitting the floor)

“Forgiveness liberates the soul. It removes fear. That is why it is such a powerful weapon.” – Nelson Mandela
C
Coconut Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I only post this for others benefit, it's pretty personal to me:

I text'd my step son:

Me: I want you to know that I asked your mom for a divorce. I'm waiting for her response, but I want you to know from me that it's what I want now. You'll be 18 very soon, so it will not have much, if any, affect on our relationship.

Son: after everything I'm glad that we have the chance to move onto something better

Me: it's better for me, and I will always be there for you. I don't know if it's better for you, but it doesn't change my heart for you

Son: keeping up the marriage legally didn't do anything for me, and yeah, things won't change between us.

Me: I love you kid.. Have no doubt, you are the most important thing in the world to me, and my greatest pride smile

Son: thanks, I Love You smile

Then I text my mom:

Me: I just wanted to let you know that I've asked WW for a divorce, an amicable divorce that only requires we both agree that it is irreconcilable.

Mom: so glad, I think it will help with the healing process, let me know if you need help with the financial aspect.

"Your son" had a good time this weekend, going to the movies with your brother and coming to nieces bday party on sun &I playing ball in the street with family.

Me: I let him know that I asked her, he understands and said it doesn't change things between us.. It really helped, but I'm ok, I asked her because it's what I want, and I'm ok with it now.

Mom: it's hard under any circumstance, I just worry about you being alone in NC

Me: I'm so happy here, no need to worry about me smile

Mom: so glad to here.

M - 9 1/2 years
10/31/16 - We sold house
01/10/18 - D Finalized
C
Coconut Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted By: BluWave
(currently frozen with my jaw hitting the floor)

Blu, I'm not sure if you're shocked because I asked her for a divorce, or because I asked for it by text... But understand that the we have only communicated by text for like 10 months other than a single 5 minute (at most) conversation about my son getting a car. Honestly, at this point I don't feel like doing more with her, that's about as important as my R is with her at this point...

And as far as my son, I didn't know if I could have that conversation with him without balling, and that's not what I wanted him to remember.

M - 9 1/2 years
10/31/16 - We sold house
01/10/18 - D Finalized
how often do you see your son/stepson? Why do you think he and your mom both were so supportive of you saying you'd file?

Also, sorry to be nit picky but you're not really "asking" her for a divorce. You're just telling her that you are going to file. The state grants the divorce, not your spouse. In the old days, you'd see on TV that some people would say "I'll NEVER GIVE you a divorce!!"For better/worse, it only takes one spouse to divorce now).

Anyhow, just to clarify, are you closer to some family now, or what?

Did you move to get away from the situation or b/c you had already wanted to?

Are you okay living in NC for good?

M: 57 H: 60
M: 35 yrs
S30,D28,D19
H off to Alaska 2006
Recon 7/07- 8/08
*2016*
X = "ALASKA 2.0"
GROUND HOG DAY
I File D 10/16
OW
DIV 2/26/2018