Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
E
elfie Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Thank you Gordie.

I would take it further than that. This is the closest I've been to evil in my life. We all know how many crimes have been performed in the name of God through the ages by self- proclaimed pious followers. It is just that you never imagine something like that happening to you. One is accustomed to assume that a church is a safe haven for the soul.

Needless to say that I can never look at another priest or "pious person" with the same innocent eyes anymore. And yes I know that there are good priests and people out there. I just happened to be hit by the random bullet and bear the trauma for life now.

Bomb: 4/2009
M28 T32 Sep8
Me: 53, H:57
S20,D17
D papers filed by H: 2013
H didn't follow up with divorce
I completely let go ever since
S
S
Hi Elfie,
Sad to read your story - but you seem to be in a better place, observing your H from a safe but enlightened distance. Like you, I haven't posted in a long time but do read the posts of others when I'm at a loss to understand what has happened my H. I too, am at this a long time, BD was 2012, I am detached now and focussing on my own life and my adult children, I have some contact with my H who lives in another country but the reason your story caught my attention was twofold; you are not divorced despite the timeline - my H recently suggested that we shouldn't bother getting divorced because there would be too much paperwork even though He is now living full time with OW! and the other reason is that he told me he is seeing a 'spirtitualist' (at a fee he is unwilling to disclose - introduced to him by OW who paid for the early sessions) I know very little about these sessions other than she too suggested that he should leave his wife and children to pursue his own path as 'an individual'. For an intelligent man he doesn't seem to see the connection between the OW's desires and her efforts to get him to see her 'spirtiualist'.

Also, I too feel sad for my H - he has no idea of the damage he is doing to himself as well as others.

Just curious, if your H came back to you now and asked you take him back, would you?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard