Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
M
M
Originally Posted By: dale165
So I told her she needs to show me something before we can go. Not necessarily move back in but something along the lines of kicking this guy out of her apartment. Something to show me that this isn't some sort of "feel good" for her conscience.

I think youre on the right track, but the logic in your head is a little turned around. See, your focus should be on what YOU need - not what SHE needs to do. For example, saying things to her like "Im not willing to go out with someone that is in a relationship with another person." Then it becomes about what your needs are as opposed to controlling certain aspects of what she does.

Id recommend reading the boundary thread for more (and frankly, better) insight.

D
dale165 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I looked at some of your posts Kaizen, what's your story? You seem to be nice but direct at the same time. Sometimes just what a person needs.

M 1.5 years, her affair was before 1 year
T 7 Years

Wife left October 2016
Affair began August 2016

Me 31 years old
Wife 29 years old
M
M
Kaizen, what's your story?

Suspected my ex was in an EA for several months. Had BD and separated a month later. Divorced ~6 months later. Ex married OP 6 months after that. I learned a lot about myself and about what I want in a relationship during that time and have been dating my new partner for around 18 months. I have two kids in elementary school. Id say I get along with my ex relatively well; we can be in the same room civilly, but it's been essentially completely NC for a few years with the exception of co-parenting talk.

So...no, I didnt save my marriage. In fact, I wouldnt say I ever came at all close. But, I made PLENTY of mistakes, so my aim is to try to help others avoid the things I did.

D
dale165 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Well thanks for sticking around and it seems like your doing pretty good.

Mind if I ask how their marriage is going? Those kind of marriages tee me off.

T 7 Years

Wife left October 2016
Affair began August 2016

Me 31 years old
Wife 29 years old
O
O
Kaizen, thank you for the wonderful advice you provide here. I find you such a sensible and level-headed guy. I have learned much from your approach. I hope that you are profoundly happy in your relationship and that your kids are doing well.

M
M
Mind if I ask how their marriage is going? Those kind of marriages tee me off.

You can ask, but, frankly, I have no idea. Im not really all that interested to find out either.

OwnIt #2745493 06/02/17 10:10 AM
M
M
Originally Posted By: OwnIt
Kaizen, thank you for the wonderful advice you provide here. I find you such a sensible and level-headed guy. I have learned much from your approach. I hope that you are profoundly happy in your relationship and that your kids are doing well.

Well, thanks! My approach isnt really any different from what MWD or my coach talked to me about.

- Do what works
- Small, consistent change
- Figure out my goals and make sure to work towards them

And so on.

smile

D
dale165 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Well thanks again, your doing the public a great service. I sadly was hoping you would say the ex's relationship fell apart. Ya know, you moved on and that's all that counts. Even with what your ex did, seeing her in pain wont make you happy.

My work has been suffering big time and even the owner came told me, control what you can and leave what you cant alone. Cant force anything.

T 7 Years

Wife left October 2016
Affair began August 2016

Me 31 years old
Wife 29 years old
D
dale165 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Sandi or anyone else out there:

I find my willingness to continue to wane. Crawling up to 10 months. Im seeing subtle changes in her but starting to see a lot of negatives.

1) On paper, wife and AP is way more compatible than me and her. They are from same city, hurricane Katrina relocated them. They both have a love for New Orleans. Both had a rough childhood, both love to travel, both like going out and being "seen", both love to take 1000s of photos, AP divorced his wife for reasons my wife wants a divorce, both love music. Im partly some of those things but I'm much simpler.

2) I'm worried if recon even happens, I wont be able to keep up with her newfound high maintenance.

I know ultimately its up to me but has anyone came across this? Not giving up because just tired, but just because spouse changed way too much.

T 7 Years

Wife left October 2016
Affair began August 2016

Me 31 years old
Wife 29 years old
Thanks Tx, its weird you say that because I actually thought the same thing last night. I told myself, I don't think married people can have a bf/gf. They should just be referred to as OM or OW. I'm just starting to learn the acronyms by the way.

I'm just going to give her the space. Maybe her realization will come through soon. I have too many abilities that I'm wasting at the moment, ready to thrive again.

I totally understand the resistance to calling an AP a gf/bf, but
fwiw, calling an OW a 'whore" would get a wife nowhere fast.

Just saying...

M: 57 H: 60
M: 35 yrs
S30,D28,D19
H off to Alaska 2006
Recon 7/07- 8/08
*2016*
X = "ALASKA 2.0"
GROUND HOG DAY
I File D 10/16
OW
DIV 2/26/2018