Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Westo #2743744 05/18/17 10:12 AM
O
O
Westo, I've just read your thread. I have a lot of similarities with you. BD near same time and my H contines to "pay the bills" and doesn't seem to be moving forward in any understandable direction.

Wales is my absolute favorite place on the planet so I'm quite envious that you get to live there. I would love to emulate your 6 hour walks (wow).

So sorry about your health troubles but I have known many people to go through the same and fare well. I think of all the cancers, this one has tremendous support, research, etc. I'm hoping for a speedy recovery for you.

How about just responding with your thanks for him checking up on you and telling him that you are doing as well as can be expected and your mom is (hopefully) well. Maybe leave a question for him to answer if he feels so inclined. Such as, how have things been going for you?

OwnIt #2743749 05/18/17 10:46 AM
W
Westo Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Hi OwnIt,

Yes, I've noticed we have similar stories and I agree Wales is stunning. On my walk I have a beautiful view of the Gower peninsula and Worms Head.

I don't know if you are familiar with the south west coast, but yes, I agree I'm very lucky!

Thank you for your encouraging words and I know I will have the best possible care here.

I have drafted a polite reply to H. I think I should....not replying would look like point scoring and I don't want to do that.

I have mentioned that I have been concerned about my right nipple for three years but the first test came back clear. So I'm not that shocked at this result.

The reason I've done this is that I hope it 'rings a bell ' with him and that he can see that it hasn't been all about him, all this time.

Westo #2743750 05/18/17 10:48 AM
W
Westo Offline OP
OP Offline
W
And I've ended the email saying that mum is ok, but I've decided not to say anything to her until after the op (she's 85 and had a stroke a year ago).

And that I've asked how his recovery is going after his hernia procedure....that's why he mentioned the surgery appointment in his email.

Kill em with kindness, I say!

Westo #2743754 05/18/17 11:43 AM
O
O
I've not been to the So. Wales coast. I have really only been in and around Llandudno and my daughter sang in the International Voice of the Future Competition last summer in Llangollen and we drove around I think in mostly central and northern Wales. I do so hope to go back and spend more time in the future. The vast openess, coupled with the green are just amazing. My son loves the castles as well.

I don't know if yours was ever a big spewer, but mine was from last summer to beginning of December. At that point I made an effort to deescalate everything. Now we communicate very little, but it is usually cordial and polite. He normally contacts me in the pretext of him inquiring after some business matter (kids, house, etc) but it is usually clear that it is pretextural.

Definitely kill them with kindness. I'm sure mine does not know what to make of it. I have been short with my responses (3 lines or less) and am usually the one to end the "conversation"--which are never by phone, only text or email.

OwnIt #2743756 05/18/17 11:52 AM
W
Westo Offline OP
OP Offline
W
No, he's never spewed... He's always been really nice. He is a good man at heart.....

We have a castle here only three miles away. It's very historic and has seen loads of battles.

It's called Kidwelly Castle, it's beautiful!

Westo #2743761 05/18/17 12:06 PM
C
C
(((Westo))) I'm so sorry to hear about your health news. I am praying that the treatment you receive is successful and you return to good health.

I am so pleased that your H tried to get in contact wth you. It shows that he still cares about you very much. I am also pleased that you kept him in his toes and didn't respond immediately!

Sending you lots and lots if cwtchs Westo..

Me - 47
H - 45
D-16
M - 6 years
Separated - May 16

Don't leave me behind can't you see me I'm shining... (Years & Years - 'Shine')
Coly23 #2743779 05/18/17 01:29 PM
W
Westo Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Oh thank you Coly.....

And yes, I'm proud that I didn't pick up the phone, it must have confused him!

I have reached the stage that if a response, to anything, is going to cause me stress, then I won't.

I have bigger fish to fry than H......:)

Westo #2743838 05/19/17 06:47 AM
job Offline
I liked your response to your h. It was very simple and courteous.

When do you see the physician to set up your next appointment/surgery?

I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
job #2743839 05/19/17 06:57 AM
W
Westo Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Hi job,

I see him on Tuesday and should be operated on a couple of weeks after that. I'm cleaning the kitchen at the moment, just incase he does turn up Monday.

It's freshly painted too. I don't want the place looking a mess!

I have a feeling that good things may come out of this. I believe that he may have been putting off calling as he thought it would I tale relationship talks, like it was a year ago.

Maybe he now feels able to call as that would now be the last thing I would want to discuss.

There was a catalyst that caused BD and I hope this is the catalyst that could lead his way out of the fog.

If this does happen and he can build the bridges back wth D S but more importantly our little GD, it will all be worth it.

Things happen for a reason wink

Westo #2743840 05/19/17 07:03 AM
job Offline
Yes, things happen for a reason. However, I had hoped your health wouldn't have been the reason for his concern...but I do hope and pray that everything will go well w/your surgery.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard