Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
I
Irish M Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Hi Brubeck

its because of this site and friends like you that have enlightened me on the meaning of MLC. So happy not to blame myself and I learned from the beginning to protect myself and my kids. So far so good.

I want to wish all the LBS moms out there a special happy mothers day. To all the dads that fill those shoes while our MLC wives or XW's dance in lalaland.. you are amazing moms too.

Ohh. forgot to mention.. XW was drove by the house yesterday. I guess she needs to see if I cut the lawn or something. lol
I didn't wave and not sure if she saw that I saw her.. If she wants to come by.. well she knows how to ring a door bell.

hope you all spend that day with your kids. Its all about them

Irish

M51
XW43 (38 at bd)
BD1 MAY 30 2015
BD2 JUNE 25 2015 by text
moved out Aug 2 2015
left both Daughters 13 and 15 (now 18-20)
Her divorce Final July 26 2016
Last time she saw her kids Aug 2 2015
G
G
Irish, you are an awesome example of a dad who steps up when the mom checks out. I'm still praying for your miracle.

Gordie 40s W 40s M20+ kids
2016 BD W fantasy affair w OM1 I do everything wrong
2017 I start to DB W says TLTL files for D PA w OM2
2018 I do LRT W drops filing and OM2 situation slowly improving
P
P
Interesting that XW drove by

There was a thread I think his name was happy again
a recovered MLC who posted his story here somewhere

I think he said he used to drive by the kids school and watch for his kids
but could not contact them

I read this a while ago so dont quote me
happy Mothers day to you as well for being an amazing MOM/Dad

married 14 years
H 42
bomb 2/07 IDLYA
D final 3 /09
M ow D ow
B
B
Hi Irish,
Thank you for giving me hope that there are men in this world who are the real deal. That belief took a bad hit a few years ago!

I hope you enjoy mother's day with your mom and the girls. It's a day to honor those who cherish and nurture others selflessly - regardless of gender, so this is your day too!

Re: eww, you knew something would happen around mother's day - again, she's modeling her mother who just a few weeks back was doing something similar, right? Again I say that it's sad to put yourself on the outside looking in on your beautiful family. Compassion doesn't mean you have to make yourself their victim, however, as you well know. You've been through it and are hopefully on the other side xoxoxo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
V
V
Irish,

the most important question at this point in time is, has the grass benn cut?

V

B
B
^^^^ well, yes, Vapo has a great point: did you mow the lawn? do we have photographic proof? preferably with a snowy owl inspecting the work?
wink

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

A box full of darkness.
~ Mary Oliver
I
Irish M Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Hi guys
Lol yes the grass is cut and weeded lol

Peace , vapo, Bttrfly and Gordie , it didn't end with just a drive by.

So Mother's Day didn't go without my MLcr popping out of her hole . D14 said that her mom was nuts

The message she and D16 were the same.

"Peakaboo girls . It's Mother's Day and I am thinking of you both. Love lots , remember I will always put you first"

Well. Peakaboo ?? Guess when they say the MLCr pops out of her hole now and again they really mean it

Besides that , we had an amazing day with my mom and spoiled her like crazy.

Have a great week. I'm travelling again for 3 days then taking 6 days off to finish summer preparation and spend some quality time with the girls

As for a snowy owl pic, I'd love to share.

M51
XW43 (38 at bd)
BD1 MAY 30 2015
BD2 JUNE 25 2015 by text
moved out Aug 2 2015
left both Daughters 13 and 15 (now 18-20)
Her divorce Final July 26 2016
Last time she saw her kids Aug 2 2015
S
S
Hi Irish, glad you and the girls had a nice day with your Mum :-)

Wow - funny message from your XW. I can't imagine what it must be like to have Mother's Day and not be in touch with your own kids...

I guess she was inviting them to contact her and wish her a happy day. But again with the Peekaboo and the trite 'always put you first' statements - it isn't going to really cut it...

I'm sad for her and for your girls - though they have a great Dad I think..

I hope in time she may dig deep and do the work that would be needed to reconnect with them.

Have a good week Irish :-)

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
C
C
Have to love that MLCrs approach sometimes .... that "put you first" line must have had a wicked eyeroll reaction at the least I would imagine.

Well Irish you did manage to get through this one .. I would guess she will simmer on this one today, the day after as the "What did you do for Mothers Day" stories float about the streets, I know mine would always pop out a bit during such times, aswell as any 3 day weekends that she did not have our son.

You handle things so well... cept that lawn as I am certain you missed a spot ... lol.

M: 48
W: 47
M16 T26-S8
BD Sept13

B
B
safe travels my friend. i would love to see your snowy owls photos - trade ya for my eagle photos!!!

i can't even imagine what prompted that message. Does she even believe it? How bizarre. I think all the MLCers are in a fog.

The girls seem to be doing very well. Glad you spoiled your mom!!! xoxoxo wish i had a vacation coming soon! that two days off wasn't nearly long enough! enjoy!! you deserve it!

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

A box full of darkness.
~ Mary Oliver
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard