Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
J
JujuB Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I know I'm a bit all over the place but that's because my ex confuses me. (Like all of us) because there were good thingd as well.

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
J
JujuB Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted By: Vanilla
If I won the lottery, the Gigalo most assuredly would want to come back. He wouldn't be coming back for me.

I am slimmer, and no longer the walking dead. This may cause him to want to come back. It's not coming back for me but how I look on his arm.

V

Haha no doubt. Trulyrics!

But what's the difference between a spouse that was willing to walkaway and then comes back when the LBS "becomes the partner only a fool would leave" and a spouse that comes back at a superficial change like a lottery win or weight loss?

Their loyalty has conditions.

But then again maybe conditions are fair.

Twins age 5
WAH in summer
V
V
Ju

My point is this, waywards are entitled.

Actually because of wastefulness they don't end up with any advantage. They have a high need for resources of all kinds and don't care where that comes from.

It's a sink hole of need, a black hole of desire. Like trying to fill a bath with the plug out. Spending fulfils a need, a glamour need, a glittery trinket and toy need.

When I think of my aged pa with his desire to care for his W and his three daughters, I am proud. I look at the great dads and mums here who are generous kind and giving, I know there are thes3 folk in the world and I am so proud to count myself one of them. As should you be and your parents, you wonderful son is a very fortunate young man. He has heaven.

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

J
JujuB Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I'm having a rough time..

I realized I haven't let go. My ex, definitively had a girlfriend last spring at least into fall and not sure the current situation but it just devastated me. He had left the summer before that, so he has every right. He had every right to end our marriage. To end our relationship. But it still hurts terribly. I know every one here has gone through this tenfold. I always wondered but never actually had proof there was an affair. He still insists there was none. This would not be an affair either. It would just mean he moved on. And I am deeply pained and hurt. And started texting about whether he was cheating when we were together.

Really, really not good for me.
1. I still haven't let go
2. A large part of me wanted him to one day realize the error of his ways and come back filled with recourse.
3. Anger. That he is reliving our youth of going out to restaurants with another woman, while I am left to raise our son mostly by myself and needing the financial support of my parents.
4. Hurt that I was so easily replaced and forgotten and discarded.

I am also finding proof that he had what I believe could have been a serious alcohol problem for many many years. It's pretty much there in black and white, but I doubt myself. I was never much of a drinker and just didn't see it. And he was the master at secrets. And I was oblivious and consummEd with my own anxieties.

Twins age 5
WAH in summer
J
JujuB Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I feel similar to beginning of BD and don't know why. I am mad at his irresponsibility regarding money and his lack of priorities regarding son, I love him and worry about his health, I don't want him to be happy with another woman, I miss the good times with him, I often think he is void of any type of feeling or passion and wonder if an alcohol addiction made him that way.

Twins age 5
WAH in summer
J
JujuB Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I have been reading a bit of newcomers and there are so many posters back on here who saved their marriages only to have their spouses do this again.

Maybe it's a blessing when they don't come back because who wants to go through the pain of piecing and forgiving and unavoidable mistrust and insecurity only to go through all of this again?

Don't you think, it shouldn't be necessary to have to hide your anger (which is natural and normal) and be flirty or friendly to someone who had lied, betrayed, abandoned (not natural reactions) to have soneone want to be with you?

Once they leave it kind of shows that they are just not committed. Why would this ever change?

I really resented my ex after my son was born. It was hormonal and sleep deprivation and depression and my ex was not being fair about a lot of things. But neither was i. But I never left and I never cheated. I just dealt.

How can you go back to a marriage where you know someone is capable of walking out? Doesn't it set you up for a lifetime of walking on egg shells and knowing that your marriage is not based on committment but based on good behaviors and this demand for something that is not always possible?

Twins age 5
WAH in summer
D
D
Originally Posted By: JujuB
How can you go back to a marriage where you know someone is capable of walking out? Doesn't it set you up for a lifetime of walking on egg shells and knowing that your marriage is not based on committment but based on good behaviors and this demand for something that is not always possible?

JujuB,

I think those are very good questions.

Z
Z
Originally Posted By: doodler
Originally Posted By: JujuB

JujuB,

I think those are very good questions.

It's funny J, you're preaching to the choir. For me it's beyond WAS's, as I look around the world we live in I don't understand why anyone would put themselves in this spot again with anyone.

I think people are just eternally optimistic. It's like people buying lottery tickets. The statistics say it's impossible, but hey, they're special, maybe it will happen for them. I think people see how long of a shot a permanent marriage is but just feel like it will be different for them.

I also think some people can just stick their heart out, they feel they'd rather love and try and get crushed again than to stay isolated and give up on their dream of companionship. I respect that. I just can't do it myself, at least not in the madness of today's world, at least not at this stage.

You mentioned I reminded you of the "I am a rock" song. It's funny, I was out of town a few weeks ago and I had some pot cookies with my best friend. Something I do every year or two to mix it up a little. Well, for the first time I truly realized how high the walls were up around me right now. It's hard to explain, it was like nothing could ever get close to me right now. I love my children and share my heart with them as best I could, but somehow I feel like if they were all killed in front of me I'd feel pain but I'd just shake my head and wait for my turn for the end as well. Something broke inside of me deep, deep down at bomb drop. It's like I realized how uncaring the universe could be and I was hurt more than I ever thought I could be hurt. Ever since then I just move forward and do the best I can but the idea that anything will ever be ok again has long gone. It's like I'm having a picnic in a graveyard, I'm enjoying my meal a few feet above the buried remains of my loved ones. It's fine, everything's fine, but in a weird twilight zone nightmarish kind of way.

I'd imagine that life might beat this out of me. My isolation doesn't impact anyone else and maybe at some point something clicks and I realize that I only have a few years left and I want to experience some pretense of love again in this world. But every time I wonder if that day will come I see signs of that wall, and I think to myself how there are millions of isolated individuals that die every year. It's very likely that I'll be one of them.

I feel ungrateful because I do see a sign that it's me rejecting the gift we've been given to share in each other's company in this world. But then I wonder if I really am rejecting that, or if it's the world around me that has made the choice to reject it already and I'm just abstaining from the monstrosity that the modern day pretense of marriage has become.

Well, I'm not worried about it. I still feel early in my sitch as I approach my 3 year antiverary. Who knows where I'll be in 5 years. For now I have to assume that the wall is there for a reason and my wounds were too deep to heal anytime soon, so I won't rip off the cast just yet. No big deal on my end.

But for you, I hope you think about this. I'm perfectly at peace right now with the idea of dying alone in a gutter somewhere with no one at my funeral, but you, I hope for more for you J. And in the end maybe people get back with their ex's not because they trust them, or even because they think things will go well, but rather simply because there is no better alternative that doesn't lead to deeper loss. There is no path to avoid the loss. In fact, maybe it's in the acceptance of this loss that we can finally start to let go of our expectations and the resentment that comes from them and start to be appreciative for what we do have. Instead of resenting our partner for leaving, we accept that there is no true or permanent love in this universe but that we get to make our own if we choose to, and it's that or nothing. And so we just shine a little light here and there. I think that's how most people can do it. So maybe being broken is the first step towards being in a spot where you can see the positive instead of just the difference between what you truly want and what is available.

In the end I'm not sure about your future, but I do feel like it's ok to feel pretty closed off for a while. You don't have to end up like me forever, but it is ok to spend a little time here while you grieve. Hang in J.

Me:38 XW:38
T:11 years M:8 years
Kids: S14, D11, D7
BD/Move out day: 6/17/14, D final Dec 15
D
D
Zues126,

Your response seems a tad abysmal. I went through h3ll, but I emerged feeling like I'm ready to set the world on fire (in a good way). And that's just the issue; even if my XW wanted to return, I don't think she'd last more than 10 minutes because I wouldn't put up with her nonsense. I wouldn't put up with that crap from anyone, and I like that - a lot.

J
JujuB Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Doodler, I am not familiar with your situation. But from what I gather, you moved on from betrayal in what to me seems like a very healthy and practical way. I have to find your old posts and see how you did it smile

Twins age 5
WAH in summer
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard