Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
D
dodog Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Well that was an interesting first time meeting. My wife has submitted her financials and her starting opening request is outrageous. I am actually sitting here laughing by the amount. She is now asking for another 50% more than she originally asked for. My gold mediation is going to be fun cos I'm not giving her anything like what she wants. Maybe it's time for the lawyers to step in.

Me:43
W:34
T10
M7
D-5 S-1
Dec16- w says we need mc
Jan 17- w doesn't commit to mc
Feb 17 - ea discovered Dec 16
D-day Feb 17- one night hook up
March 17 w wants out but won't file
D
dodog Offline OP
OP Offline
D
So since last night my w has now phoned me theee times to answer questions rather than text a reply to my question. Not reading anything in to it. Back at the house this weekend with the kids. She was suppose to be gone as soon as I got here but hung around for around an hour exchanged pleasantries and I just played with the kids.

When I arrived she just sent me a text saying that one of my daughters friends was here. Said ok I will come back as j have a phone call to take as I didn't think she would be there. Her reply hate to she your lawyers bill. Waited a while and replied I can't afford this one he's a fiend of my brother giving me advice.

Hopefully that might put the wind up her.

Trying to be strong and detach and to be honest when I saw her earlier didn't really feel anything for her. Was polite and smiled a lot. Thinking I have actually turned a corner. Maybe it's because I cannot believe how much she is thinking she is entitled to. And all I hear from her its for the kids. Bs you are trying to get as much out of me as you can. Speaking with a friend about it and I think she has upped her original request so we end up at what she wants. Can't start negotiating through mediation if she has already told me her bottom line.

T10
M7
D-5 S-1
Dec16- w says we need mc
D
dodog Offline OP
OP Offline
D
So not sure how to play this. I'm at the house tonight with the children and not back there until Sunday evening. Spoke with w earlier and she asked whether I wanted to go to the house Wednesday evening to see the kids. Of course I would love to and have said let me think about it. She says that she will go out for a bit then come back afterwards and sleep in spare room. Should I take her up on the offer or stick to my guns and say I will just see them Sunday.

I don't want to stay there and end up having an argument with the w. We saw each other yesterday during change over with the kids. She was supposed to be back at 4 but said she was running late and arrived at 5.15. Didn't mention it didn't talk about her being late or where she had been. Was polite and courteous. Now I have her asking this...

Some advice please

T10
M7
D-5 S-1
Dec16- w says we need mc
L
L
I'd say don't overthink it or try to read into. If you want to see the kids Wednesday night, then do it. Mentally prepare yourself to focus on them only and politely look right through her if you notice her at all.

M-60 H-51
M-14 years
BD 12/26/16
S 1/1/17

"First the pain, then the rising."
Glennon Doyle Melton

K
K
Originally Posted By: leahsue
I'd say don't overthink it or try to read into. If you want to see the kids Wednesday night, then do it. Mentally prepare yourself to focus on them only and politely look right through her if you notice her at all.

I 100% agree. If you want to see them, then take her up on it. Don't engage with a fight with her. Just treat her like a work colleague - polite but not overly friendly or rude.

M:39 W:36 - D1:2 D2:6
11/19/16 BD1: ILYBNILWY, EA/PA
Dec/Jan: MC, pursuing, not DBing
1/11/17 BD2: W wants 1 month break
2/1/17: Divorce Remedy. Start DBing
2/17/17 BD3: W - separation to start D process
D
D
^ This

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
D
dodog Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Been a while since my last update. Not really nothing to report been away for a few days playing golf in Portugal. Came back Sunday to which I thought would be myself and the children for 2 days but the w announced she would actually be staying there the Sunday night. Really find it tough being in the same house as her, it's getting easier but it bring up all of the feelings I have for her. She did go out for a while which gave me some time alone with the children and i did have the day with them yesterday. The w has now taken them away until Friday to one of her freiends houwes who I believe is one of the major factors in my w pursuing this divorce. Her friend has never liked me, she is also like my wife from a broken home, so is probably giving her as much encouragement as she can.

I'm at the house for this week alone with the pooch until they return Friday then as it is easter and although it is my weekend to have the children my wife has asked for them on Sunday swing that her and her whole family are big Christian's.

Mediation starts in 2 weeks today. Since she has put her original settlement request up I am now withdrawing ever offer I have made to her and will be starting at the minimum required by law and a 50/50 split of assets. But that's not going to be until at least the 3 session.

Me personally I'm having my up days and down days. More generally happy than I have been and the few days I had away with 11 others certainly helped my mindset just wish it has been for longer.

T10
M7
D-5 S-1
Dec16- w says we need mc
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis