Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Quote:
I'd love to split some heads with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost and then grab a pint at the pub.

Refresh my memory on who they are... I'd go for Maggie or Rosita, myself...

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
Dawgs #2736412 03/28/17 10:30 AM
B
B
Haha doodler!

Jeep, they starred in the movie, "Shaun of the Dead". Pretty good.

Also glad to hear you are hanging in there. Again, your kids will see past that BS so keep doing what you are doing and I TOTALLY agree with your views on getting M again. 100% bro, fk that lol!

M: 37 W: 36
T: 16 M: 11
D2: 8,3
PA: 2015
WAW: 2016
W Filed: 2017
2/07/2017 W officially dating OM2
Dawgs #2736414 03/28/17 10:32 AM
D
D
Jeep,

Simon and Nick are the two blokes mucking about in "Shaun of the Dead." You know, a couple of losers that come of age while the world is collapsing around them.

D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Doodler,

Oh yeah, its been a while since I've seen it. That is one crazy cat.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
Bdog37 #2736418 03/28/17 10:40 AM
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Quote:
Also glad to hear you are hanging in there. Again, your kids will see past that BS so keep doing what you are doing and I TOTALLY agree with your views on getting M again. 100% bro, fk that lol!

Thank you, my friend! I really hope they will see past all of the ex's and her family's BS...

D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Quote:
Someone screwed up really bad but that doesn't mean you should throw it all away because of that screw up

An affair isn't a screw up.

Originally Posted By: Jeep74
Originally Posted By: PEW1974
Part of the reason I have not confronted her yet was I didn't want the last few months as the image she thinks about when I confront her. I probably wouldn't have mattered to her at that point. I wanted a more positive image in her head so it may give her something more to think about. I was planning on confronting her but not until I finished working on myself physically, menatally and emotionally. I hope that makes sense.

Once again, you are missing the point. The image you "present" to her is nothing but in your head. You have this fantasy that looking/acting/doing things in a certain way will make her all of a sudden realize that she is a POS. Not going to happen, my friend.

SMH at this advice...

Jeep, I know you have been through the ringer. (And I know You are a class A dad, too).

But in effect, you are telling PEW that his wife is a POS - and she won't realize it...I mean, that is how I read this^^.

Plus, are we all reading the same thread here?

PEW admits and describes some of his issues to own which are not small, (no offense PEW). And he is working on them and That's who he controls.

He's not a blameless h who thought he had a great m with a woman who was always deceitful "pretending all was well" when in fact she was lying and....etc etc

(For the love of God - please folks, please don't say again, how there's never any excuse for an A and how it's always wrong, ---I get it!)

But THIS ^^A did not happen in a great solid M, and there is CONTEXT, and yes, that matters.

If context did not matter, then all marriages with an unfaithful partner would end in divorce, which is simply not true.

And there'd be a lot less of a reason for this site.

pretending that it's all about her fault and the only thing he can do now is be glad to be rid of her is Not What THIS site is about.

And even if she were some evil shrew and PEW had been a perfect h - we should not be forcing our opinions of his w, on him anyway.

The biggest question you need to be asking yourself is why do you even want her back?

I respectfully, totally disagree with^^ this statement. That is not "the biggest question", by a long shot - and if & when it ever is a question, it'll be down the road

As LiM said, what she has done is the BIGGEST and most disrespectful thing that she can do to you - period.

Get a hammer and hit it^^ again and again b/c THAT^^ is so helpful to a man who comes here - knowing he has a lot of personal work that takes guts and bravery.

Keep telling him what a victim he is, of a POS wife....

I feel like there is so much amnesia about what Div Busting stands for

it's as if we are on a different site and read different books.
PEW This is why I recommend a DB coach, or you'll have vastly different opinions.

There is no way to spin it to be any more positive, because quite frankly there isn't and shouldn't be. This may sound harsh, but both the marriage and you are nothing in her eyes - if that wasn't true, then why would she be screwing someone else? It is what it is, my friend.

Wow...seriously?

Geez, guys, there's just way, way too much projection going on here. I don't think we can tell someone what their spouse is feeling. (See the DB books)

Jeep, do you give the same advice to everyone with an unfaithful spouse, regardless of circumstance? Cuz I kinda think so. Sorry.

For ME, that^ reduces all situations to one event, with literally the same response advised for all. That is reductionist thinking with no analysis. Why not just share your own personal experience?

Finally, lest we forget, PEW is here trying to save his marriage and to become the best PEW he can become.

Bashing his w, in the harshest of terms imo, does nothing to help his m

and it makes all affairs exactly the same "WORST THING EVER" (b/c it was the worst thing ever, for you. I hear your pain and anger in every response & I feel for you, but still...)

I feel strongly that condemnation & self righteousness -has literally zero chance of helping his m. Which is why PEW is here.

If all you want to do is pump this man's ego up to stand up to his w, then compliment HIS personal work, don't tear his w down. She's the mother of his children and she did not have this A out of the blue.

For PEW to realize his shortcomings before he knew of the affair - sounds like a guy who crossed the line (again), and realized it & is taking steps to improve.

Let's support those^^ efforts.

Last edited by Cadet; 04/21/17 08:29 AM. Reason: fix quote

M: 57 H: 60
M: 35 yrs
S30,D28,D19
H off to Alaska 2006
Recon 7/07- 8/08
*2016*
X = "ALASKA 2.0"
GROUND HOG DAY
I File D 10/16
OW
DIV 2/26/2018
X marries OW 5/2016

= CLOSURE 4 ME
Embrace the Change
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Quote:
Geez, guys, there's just way, way too much projection going on here. I don't think we can tell someone what their spouse is feeling. (See the DB books

Please. If the marriage and/or the husband meant anything, she wouldn't be screwing someone else. Period.

Why is it just the DB books and no other???? Interesting...

C
C
Originally Posted By: Jeep74
Why is it just the DB books and no other???? Interesting...

Maybe because this website is called divorcebusting and that is what pays the bills.

Me-70, D37,S36
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Quote:
Bashing his w, in the harshest of terms imo, does nothing to help his m

A leopard never changes its spots. Help is marriage? Seriously?

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard