Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Dawgs #2736002 03/25/17 06:10 AM
T
T
Originally Posted By: Jeep74
Tacoma World is actually a forum for said trucks. However, we now have a big DB - but not really DB, because anything and everything goes - group. There are roughly 20 - 30 ones from here that have made the leap, and added a few more today. We are just a big collection of misfits. You are more than welcome.

I'm a 4Runner guy, but my S10 is obsessed with Tacoma's. It's his dream to have an Orange TRD. Every time he sees a Tacoma on the road he says "Good choice". The plan is for him to get my 4Runner when he's old enough to drive, but he's already scheming about trading it in for a Tacoma.

Let me know about how to join up on TW. Interested.

Me 42, Wife 39; Married 16; Together 17; Kids: D13, S10
Wife asks for Divorce: 03/19/13
Reconcile: 07/07/13
Round 2 Starts: 02/19/17
Apartment Life: 04/21/17
PA Confirmed: 05/23/17
Gordie #2736192 03/27/17 04:50 AM
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By: Gordie
Jeep,

What were your fears about D pre D? How did you face those fears? Post D, which fears were real or was it all just fear of the unknown?

It wasn't so much about the divorce itself, although that was part of it, my fears centered around losing my best friend and all that went along with it...and concerning my children and the toxic environment known as her family. The unknown isn't what bothered me.

As I've said before, she was my best friend. However, her actions and all have made the post-divorce transition very smooth. I don't care any more. I'm not sure why that bothers me a little, but I honestly don't care anymore. I don't know how I got to this point of zero f**ks given, but I don't...and that does bother a little. 10 years gone.

My fears only center around my kids and nothing else.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By: Tryin2figuritout
Tacoma World is actually a forum for said trucks. However, we now have a big DB - but not really DB, because anything and everything goes - group. There are roughly 20 - 30 ones from here that have made the leap, and added a few more today. We are just a big collection of misfits. You are more than welcome.

I'm a 4Runner guy, but my S10 is obsessed with Tacoma's. It's his dream to have an Orange TRD. Every time he sees a Tacoma on the road he says "Good choice". The plan is for him to get my 4Runner when he's old enough to drive, but he's already scheming about trading it in for a Tacoma.

Let me know about how to join up on TW. Interested.

Go to TW and look up Spaceman Spiff. That's me. Send me a message on there and we will go from there...

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
Dawgs #2736211 03/27/17 08:26 AM
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I have a couple of the DB books if anybody wants them...just pay shipping and they are yours.

Dawgs #2736257 03/27/17 02:20 PM
B
B
Quote:
As I've said before, she was my best friend. However, her actions and all have made the post-divorce transition very smooth. I don't care any more. I'm not sure why that bothers me a little, but I honestly don't care anymore. I don't know how I got to this point of zero f**ks given, but I don't...and that does bother a little. 10 years gone.

I can relate to this so much brother. At first, I was sadden at loosing my best friend/soul mate but now those feelings are long gone. I can't believe that at one point I thought my life was over. I thought that I would never go on. Thought that I would never find someone like her and how could she just ignore the past 16 years.... Now, with her everyday actions, I have no more love left for the woman she became. It doesn't bother me that I don't care anymore cause she sure in the h*** doesn't care.

I am grateful though that I found this site so that my next relationship I will get things right. However, I literally just told the ex (2 days ago) that no matter what my shortcomings were that I still didn't deserve being cheated on and neither do the rest of us.

How are the kids handling it being 2 weeks now post D? Is your ex still heading down the path of Alienating them against you? I know its hard not to fight back, but hang in there brother!

M: 37 W: 36
T: 16 M: 11
D2: 8,3
PA: 2015
WAW: 2016
W Filed: 2017
2/07/2017 W officially dating OM2
Bdog37 #2736346 03/28/17 07:07 AM
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Quote:
At first, I was sadden at loosing my best friend/soul mate but now those feelings are long gone. I can't believe that at one point I thought my life was over. I thought that I would never go on. Thought that I would never find someone like her and how could she just ignore the past 16 years.... Now, with her everyday actions, I have no more love left for the woman she became. It doesn't bother me that I don't care anymore cause she sure in the h*** doesn't care.

Isn't that the truth. I do find it odd that I am more than OK now. 10 years for us...down the drain. It is what it is and I'm ok with that.

Funny thing, after reading thread after thread on here about people trying to hang on to someone that doesn't give a d**n about them. I mean, there has to come a hammer sometime, you know? I was saddened at the loss of what we had, but not for her after her actions. That bridge burned a long time ago.

Quote:
I am grateful though that I found this site so that my next relationship I will get things right. However, I literally just told the ex (2 days ago) that no matter what my shortcomings were that I still didn't deserve being cheated on and neither do the rest of us.

Me, too, my fiend. Me too. Good on ya for telling her that!!

Quote:
How are the kids handling it being 2 weeks now post D? Is your ex still heading down the path of Alienating them against you? I know its hard not to fight back, but hang in there brother!

The kids are showing cracks but seem to be doing well. They don't talk about their time at their mom's like they used to, which leads me to think something is amiss. I try not to ask questions as everybody tells me (on here) that kids will see through that crap, but who knows. They should not have to be put in that situation. That is where my anger lies now. I've held my tongue very well and haven't fought back...yet.

Dawgs #2736354 03/28/17 07:34 AM
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
So, today I've been in a reminiscing mood - thinking about the trips we all used to take and all. And I found myself visiting the websites surrounding the old vacation places - places that we went to many, many times and love it. In particular, my favorite of all. I find that I can do this and not have anything other than pleasant memories. We had some great, great times. I do find myself a little saddened at not being able to do those things again due to my new-found financial situation resulting from the divorce.

I've come to realize that I've made it out of the woods. Now, I just have to deal with the trust that was destroyed by the ex. I've been told that I can't leave my walls up and that I need to let people in. Maybe so. I can honestly say that I have zero interest in getting married again. Will I date again? Absolutely - whether it be just for fun or serious, or whatever. Sure. But no marriage. Since I have my children all but two nights a month, I don't have the time nor the inclination to bring someone around them. Kids shouldn't be introduced to new dates. At all.

Dawgs #2736398 03/28/17 09:35 AM
D
D
I've come to realize that I've made it out of the woods.

Jeep,

Good for you! After what you've been through, a zombie apocalypse would seem like a walk in the park.

D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Doodler,

A Zombie Apocalypse? Haha, maybe so, sir. Splitting some heads would make a great stress reliever...

Dawgs #2736403 03/28/17 09:44 AM
D
D
Splitting some heads would make a great stress reliever...

Oh yeah! I abhor violence, but I keep a tire iron in the car just in case. I'd love to split some heads with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost and then grab a pint at the pub.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard