Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
B
B
^^^^Irish my dear, you don't think that the hockey gods maybe read that crack about Boston losing today and responded in kind???

Just. Saying.

-----
I'm glad the girls will now be able to walk by the building eew used to work in without any anxiety. It should make things easier, especially for D14, next year when her older sister is at Jr. College. I neglected to say this before Irish, but I'm so proud of D16 for wanting to major in psychology to help others not have to go through this. She's a very special young lady!

(Go Rangers!) grin laugh wink

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
B
B
oh and for the record, it's like that old expression goes: "I cheer for the Bruins and any team that beats Montreal!"
the hockey equivalent of "I support two teams: The Red Sox and whoever beats the Yankees!"

Hey - I'm nothing if not loyal!!!!

Any news on the girls' grandfather? how's he doing? You, btw, are handling all this with your usual élan and forbearance. Good job! Show the rest of us how it's done!

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

A box full of darkness.
~ Mary Oliver
B
B
^^ I know. Your team and my team will be golfing while some other team gets the glory this year!

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

A box full of darkness.
~ Mary Oliver
I
Irish M Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Yes maybe next year :-(

As long as Toronto didn't get further than Montreal, all is good.

So, interesting events today.
I finally got around to setting up new accounts for the girls .
Closed their old accounts in which XW could deposit money into them but couldn't take any out . Nothing was ever added by her.

So I decided to have their education savings Plans that I set up for them as babies changed as well. These were the accounts that XW tried to empty out shortly after BD. She has no access to do so and was blocked.

Only issue is . For tax purposes I had put one in my name and the other in her name. She doesn't benefit from it since she has yet to put a dime in it.

I contact the person who handles these transfers. She says," no problem, I will draft up the documents to have XW sign over the transfer to you for D14. This way you have authority to transfer it to another financial institution."

I sent over the seperation agreement stating that this was also decided in the courts that I, and only I will have power to attorney to do so.

It was clear. I added XW as cc to the message. She is aware that this was going to happen.

About an hour later. My bank representative emails me.

"We seem to have a problem, you ex wife called me and says that she never saw that agreement of divorce that I sent. Never gave up custody. That the document must be a fake"

It took me a while to figure out what was she talking about. Maybe I sent the wrong file . So I reviewed it. It was clearly the final judgement for divorce and custody.
Stamped in the court of law. Section 15 states that XW has given up custody . Section 20 , that I will be taking over the power of attorney of the girls education fund and the girls will be sole owners of this money at 18.

Signed by her and her lawyer.

So clearly a lost case if she can't even remember her seperation from me.

That might explain her email to me about a month or so ago. Saying that we as a couple need to work together for the best for the girls. Does she not remember we are divorced?? It's odd indeed

But what isn't in MLC land

M51
XW43 (38 at bd)
BD1 MAY 30 2015
BD2 JUNE 25 2015 by text
moved out Aug 2 2015
left both Daughters 13 and 15 (now 18-20)
Her divorce Final July 26 2016
Last time she saw her kids Aug 2 2015
S
S
Saying that we as a couple need to work together for the best for the girls. Does she not remember we are divorced?? It's odd indeed

could she be implying that you work together to still be parents although you're apart. Not necessarily that she can't remember?

BD Oct 2016
Me 47, W 43
together 25 years
S 25, D 22
S
S
Hi Irish, glad to hear you and the girls are doing well. Yes I agree it's an odd comment from her.

It would have been perfectly accurate to say "we as parents" or even "we as a former couple" - but maybe a little foggy thinking going on there - this all happened but me and Irish are still a partnership. Well yes you are, but only in a parental sense now..

It must have been a bit galling to read that statement from her, when she bailed out of the R, chose to bring OM into the mix and then tells the girls they need to get over it and respect the new situation...arghh..

Anyway, that's her life and her sandpit and I would leave her to it...I'm always heart warmed to read of your relationship with your girls and I would say - just keep on being awesome Irish!

smile

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
B
B
Hi Irish,
Next year for sure! Son wanted a B's / Habs series. Those are always great! This year would have been even more piquant because of Claude.

Oh well. Think of all the trash talking we won't get to engage in, lol!!!

I have a different take on your recent developments. I think she knew exactly what she was doing but just wanted to make things more difficult and also make herself look like a victim. It seems really important to eew that people view her as the victim here.

Were you able to straighten it all out?

Remember something mon ami: some people feel that any attention, even negative attention, is worth having. By calling and lying to the bank personnel she ensured you'd be thinking about her for the rest of that day. Negative attention is still attention.

As Sotto said, not your monkeys, not your circus, doll! Carry on with your bad self xoxoxo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

A box full of darkness.
~ Mary Oliver
I
Irish M Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Hi Sj
Couple in French is couple. Just to recap a month or so ago she was messaging me as a couple, how we should of did this and that. How she missed talking to me etc . It must of got too hard for her so she reverted to not remembering anything and being a victim. Her dad as well was more tired from his cancer and she had just visited him so it might of put her back in the fog.

Hi Sotto
Yes it's her monkey show but this is the girls education fund. I need to clear it up and get her legally off the documents .
As for my daughters they got a message from her that day. I giess she remembered she had kids

It was an empty message . " miss you girls, call me so I can hear your voices, you know how to reach me."

Hi Bttrfly
A bruins / Habs show down would of been great.

As for the funds. The bank got back to me and are preparing the documents . No need for XW to sign since it's all clear in the divorce agreement.

I think that was it. Last tie to XW

Let's just get past Mother's Day and I will start to enjoy the spring and summer months

M51
XW43 (38 at bd)
BD1 MAY 30 2015
BD2 JUNE 25 2015 by text
moved out Aug 2 2015
left both Daughters 13 and 15 (now 18-20)
Her divorce Final July 26 2016
Last time she saw her kids Aug 2 2015
B
B
hi {{{{{{{Irish}}}}}}} hugs because you need them.
The severing of the final tie can bring up a lot of feelings for sure. You're right that Mother's Day is something to get through, for all of you.

Better days are coming my friend! Courage, mon brave!!!!
xoxoxo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

A box full of darkness.
~ Mary Oliver
P
P