Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
grin cool

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hi Dawn!

Sorry that I somehow missed this. Not offensive at all. I will try to answer as best I can.

Quote:
Anyway, I'm just wondering, since you advocate "grabbing a cup of coffee" and other such minor things all the time on other's pages and even occasionally on your own page, I'm wondering what the harm is in grabbing a meal with BPG (as you called her)? As I read your entries, it seems to me that maybe you are holding back a little, since you are unsure of the whole HQ thing. That is totally my opinion, of course, and that and a dollar will get you a really crappy cup of coffee somewhere, so you can take that for whatever it is worth.

While BPG (birthday party girl) is certainly pleasing on the eyes and fun to be around, I'm not so sure why I don't pursue this one further. Maybe its that she is here and is interested in seeing where things go, so to speak, and I'm not at the point of wanting to really jump into another thing just yet. I probably will take her out at some point. Who knows. I know its good for the ego and soul, sometimes I just can't bring myself to do it, if that makes sense.

As far as HQ is concerned, maybe her being so far away is keeping me from rebounding. I don't really know how to explain it. We talk, granted A LOT, but the distance keeps things from going further. Maybe that's a safety net for me. If she were close, it would be a whole different ball game. I'm not holding the door open for HQ only, but she sure is ringing the doorbell.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
D
D
I understand on both accounts. With BPG, she's right there and could potentially want more than what you are ready to give. I kind of feel that way about someone I have been talking to as well. He seems to want to move from talking/getting to know each other to serious relationship and I'm thinking in the back of my head....I don't even know your last name, we are just chatting. LOL So, I totally get that part. Honestly, sometimes I think I'm SO ready for a relationship and sometimes I look at where I'm at, figuratively and emotionally, and think nah, I'm good. So, yeah, I get the BPG thing.

As far as HQ, I get that safety net thing because I think I AM a safety net for someone right now. Funny you worded it that way, because I was just thinking about the whole safety net thing yesterday. I have not ever come out and asked, but I'm pretty sure I'm a safety net for BF. He is still in love with his ex and is waiting (hoping) that she is going to leave her husband and come back to him, which I suppose could happen because she does appear to continue to leave the door open for BF, calling him all the time and going to visit him occasionally (though I personally think she is just using HIM as her safety net because he still pays her car payment, since his name is on it too....long, weird story, but I digress). Anyway, he has her, dangling that hope in front of him. Then he has me....the person he can go do fun things with unencumbered by husbands, wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, because we are both single. I think I said it on my own page not too long ago that with me, he has the benefit of having a girlfriend without the sexual part of the relationship because there is nothing physical, but we go out and do fun stuff together, like dating people would do. I think, at least in his mind, I'm safe because he can do all that with me without having to actually commit to anything because we are friends....if that makes sense. I know, from reading your entries, that your in person relationship with HQ is different from mine with BF, but same safety net concept. So, that was a long rambling way of saying, I understand what you mean about her being your safety net, because I am pretty sure I'm BF's. LOL

Sorry for rambling on about myself on your page, but I'm kind of wordy. LOL

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hi Dawn!

Don't ever apologize for being wordy - its an endearing thing and makes you you.

BPG really wants to go out. Now, granted, she hasn't came out and said anything about getting serious or whatever, but you can get that vibe - know what I mean? I mean, she really is fun and spent the entire 3+ hours at the party talking, and if I were in a different place, them maybe sure. Who knows.

Quote:
Honestly, sometimes I think I'm SO ready for a relationship and sometimes I look at where I'm at, figuratively and emotionally, and think nah, I'm good

Same thing, Dawn, same thing.

Harley Quinn... Don't know what to say about her. She is my safety net in more ways than one. And yes, the sexual part is there on the visits. I'm not dangling her in any form - she knows and understands things. Given our past and especially the way things ended back then, she is both cautious and wants to move forward...she's always there when I want to talk. Sometimes she will call me to Skype - which seems to go on for hours. Funny thing, I don't mind when I have the time. But, at the same time, I know that pot must be stirred - one way or another. I know a time will come when her heart will get broken again or we will test those waters. Part of me wants to test them, and if HQ lived closer who knows if doodler's bet would come true. Maybe that is why I think her living where she does is a good thing.

Looking back, when we were dating I now see things as they were - I don't know how I could have been so blind as to not see that she really wanted more. Its the little things that she did that no one else ever really did - like the time she'd drive 30+ miles to my work every so often just to bring me some of those Thai cookies that she loved to make. Not even my ex ever brought me things to work. Sigh.

I think what it boiled down to back then that she was scared deep down. Who knows. So yeah, that's my safety net. Who, has set another visit date...

D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hey Job, did you ever find the name of that little deli/place on three notch by the school I was telling you about?

D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
A certain Miss HQ is slowly but surely turning up the heat. She sent me an email today that, upon first reading, seems to be full of hope. She asked again about the summer getaway when the kids are down at their mother's for a week. I think I'll go. Maybe.

She asked about that little place we used to go to in north GA...in fact, she's been checking on availability. Good grief. I told here that if we can, she can ride the ex's Specialized mountain bike as the ex doesn't want it or has even asked about it since. That brings back a funny story about when Harley and I rode some trails in north GA. We drove an hour or so from our cabin to the place for a day's riding. Great, great trails that are roughly 20 miles in length. Picnic lunch and all. Anyway, some of the trails are a bit on the technical side and kind of difficult, but the views are rewarding. Well, there was this little downhill section that was quite rough that bordered a stream at the bottom of the hill. Well, Miss Harley and her adventurous self decided she was going to show me how it was done and went down the hill...quick. Too quick. I don't know what she was thinking - or maybe the suspension wasn't set right - but it looked like a bucking bronco. I think she realized she was going too fast because as the bottom of the hill she laid the bike down...next thing I know is that I see a cloud of dust and her sort of helicoptering into the creek - bike and all. One of the funniest things I had ever seen. After fishing her and her bike out - it took another couple of hours to get back to the truck. Good thing she had a change of clothes, as the water wasn't exactly warm. We laughed about that one for quite some time the other night. Almost as funny as the roller blading fiasco. Good times.

Anyway. I may go. Maybe.

D
D
Jeep,

If you don't want to go with HQ to the summer getaway, then I'd gladly volunteer to go in your place. I know that's very altruistic of me, but you know, I'm a righteous dude.

I think you're on the same timeline as Ginger. smile

D
D
Originally Posted By: Jeep74
Don't ever apologize for being wordy - its an endearing thing and makes you you.

You have NO idea! BF is a big talker and he can out talk me any day of the week, especially on the phone, but when we are texting sometimes I'll send a REALLY long text, then just get back "ok" or "right", but then I'll get a phone call telling me that was too wordy. LOL

Harley Quinn... Don't know what to say about her. She is my safety net in more ways than one. And yes, the sexual part is there on the visits. I'm not dangling her in any form - she knows and understands things.

I know you are not dangling her...the dangling I was referring to is occurring between BF and his ex-wife. She's the dangler....well technically, I guess he's the dangler....she's dangling him. LOL But, you have made it quite clear to us, so I have NO doubt that HQ and you have an understanding of all things related to you....again, if that makes any sense at all.

- I don't know how I could have been so blind as to not see that she really wanted more. Its the little things that she did that no one else ever really did - like the time she'd drive 30+ miles to my work every so often just to bring me some of those Thai cookies that she loved to make. Not even my ex ever brought me things to work. Sigh.

I think what it boiled down to back then that she was scared deep down. Who knows. So yeah, that's my safety net. Who, has set another visit date...

Another visit sounds like a good thing. I honestly knew I had pretty strong feelings for BF before, but now that I have moved home and live only about 30 minutes from him so we can actually spend time together on a more regular basis, it has become more prevalent in my mind.

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Quote:
But, you have made it quite clear to us, so I have NO doubt that HQ and you have an understanding of all things related to you....again, if that makes any sense at all.

Haha. I'm not even sure I have an understanding of myself. Geez.

Quote:
I honestly knew I had pretty strong feelings for BF before, but now that I have moved home and live only about 30 minutes from him so we can actually spend time together on a more regular basis, it has become more prevalent in my mind.

I can tell you do by the way you talk, my friend. Maybe it has in his mind, too. You never know. I really hope things work out for you. Maybe you can be the surprise bet and win doodler's pool

D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By: doodler
Jeep,

If you don't want to go with HQ to the summer getaway, then I'd gladly volunteer to go in your place. I know that's very altruistic of me, but you know, I'm a righteous dude.

I think you're on the same timeline as Ginger. smile

I may hold you to that if I chicken out...if you promise to be a gentleman. haha.

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard