Jeep,

I think you're about ready to make a new movie, "HQ a New Beginning." smile

D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Bahahaha...

Doodler, you're crazy my friend.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Now that I think of it, maybe a new beginning is what the doctor ordered. Who knows. But HQ calls and texts on an almost daily basis. Maybe it is a good thing that she lives where she does...

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
M
M
Originally Posted By: Jeep74
Ended up not taking birthday party girl out. Just wasn't in the mood to do anything, really. Hit the gym extra hard and logged on for some Modern Warfare. Oh, and there was the hour or so Skype with Harley Quinn. Good stuff.

Jeep -

Im wondering if the presence of HQ is helping or hurting your growth and path forward right now. Im not saying that it was a necessary step to go out with this other girl, but Im wondering if you will 'ever' feel up to going out with someone other than HQ until you do something one way or another with her.

Something to think about anyway.

D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Kaizen,

Quote:
Im wondering if the presence of HQ is helping or hurting your growth and path forward right now. Im not saying that it was a necessary step to go out with this other girl, but Im wondering if you will 'ever' feel up to going out with someone other than HQ until you do something one way or another with her.

That is a very good question, my friend. I haven't thought of it in that way, to be honest. HQ has helped me through some of the roughest of it...either she has called from seeing a social media post or I called her, but she's always been there. That's the thing with her, the distance is what's complicating things. On one hand, it allows me to not jump into things (as in rebound) relationship-wise...sure, I've gone out with a few but they were just fun times. On the other hand, I have some thinking to do concerning HQ. I'm not so sure that one will be easily dealt with.

See, HQ and I have a very deep history and it almost seems a chance for a redo. The question is, and its a big one, how and what do I do about it. Sooner or later decisions are going to have to be made.

As far as birthday party girl (BPG) is concerned, we've talked a couple of times. Honestly, after Friday's proceeding's, I didn't feel like doing anything with anyone. The ex drained me that much. I may take BPG out, but it'll be for fun and won't come of anything, if that makes sense.

D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Ran into BPG in the grocery store last night (we live in a relatively small town) and she was sorry that we couldn't make it last week end but understood. Asked if I wanted to try a new Thai restaurant next weekend. Maybe. Maybe not.

D
D

Maybe she doesn't like Thai food?

D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
She asked me if I wanted to go. I may/may not.

D
D

Oh! You're so coy. smile

D
D
So, I'm just going to throw a question out there and hopefully not come across as offensive. That is the one thing I hate about messaging through such sites....there is no context, so you don't know if I'm genuinely asking or just being a royal pain, but I promise, this comes from a place of genuine query, not pain. LOL

Anyway, I'm just wondering, since you advocate "grabbing a cup of coffee" and other such minor things all the time on other's pages and even occasionally on your own page, I'm wondering what the harm is in grabbing a meal with BPG (as you called her)? As I read your entries, it seems to me that maybe you are holding back a little, since you are unsure of the whole HQ thing. That is totally my opinion, of course, and that and a dollar will get you a really crappy cup of coffee somewhere, so you can take that for whatever it is worth. wink

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard