Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
R
R
G you don't need to tamp down on anything. Just go with it. And Plezzz stop the negative thinking. Remember the self fulfilling prophecy? I get the fear of being hurt again. I really do. But being with someone you like and care for is worth the risk. Now I wanna see pics lol smile

M 53
D 20
Separated 6/22/11 moved out 10/24
Together 26 yrs
Married 16
W Filed for D 7/21/11
Served 9/6/11
D final 8/28/12

“Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.”

John Wooden

D
D
Good for you, lady! Don't worry about harshing the enthusiasm....just go with it. I agree with what Rick said. No one wants to get hurt; its a fear we all have, but don't worry about that. Go with the flow of the good things coming your way. I'm just absolutely thrilled for you. Have fun! smile

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted By: Rick1963
G you don't need to tamp down on anything. Just go with it. And Plezzz stop the negative thinking. Remember the self fulfilling prophecy? I get the fear of being hurt again. I really do. But being with someone you like and care for is worth the risk. Now I wanna see pics lol smile

Rick, look him up under my FB. He has a Spanish last name and a cigar in his mouth. I know I am afraid to think to positively. Or like I am not being smart by enjoying this.

But you are both right! I need to go with the enthusiasm. I don't want to not enjoy something great due to fear.

He really is worth the risk.

And wedding invitations for all!! HAHAHAHA!

Honestly, if this continues down the path it is going, I could see him popping the question by the end of the year.

I try not to think about that though.

W
W
Hey, throw in the french kissing ex priest too...just as a back up!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Rick, maybe I'll invite him to the annual BBQ this year. He eats Morcilla.

J
J
This is awesome! I am so happy for you. And just really glad to be reading about something positive happening to some one so deserving.

I can't wait for that to happen to me and for all of us on here, so I too am reading on vicariously

Ugh. Muffin girl sounds like a lunatic. She's looking for attention. Just don't let her get to you. Sounds like ff saw threw her from the beginning though.

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
R
R
OMG morcilla? Bring him over I'll even make all sorts of sweet breads, you know the ones Linda likes lmao hahah. I do need a neW grill. Just not sure if gas or charcoal? My life is sooo complicated and complex now a days..He is always welcome

M 53
D 20
Separated 6/22/11 moved out 10/24
Together 26 yrs
Married 16
W Filed for D 7/21/11
Served 9/6/11
D final 8/28/12

“Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.”

John Wooden

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
So, I saw my IC this weekend and told her all about FF. She knew we were talking before the last time I saw her, but we hadn't gone out on our first date yet. When I told her everything, she actually was moved to tears. My therapist cried tears of joy for me! She told me when I just began talking about this one she had a good feeling about him. We spoke of D9 being involved and she feels there is absolutely no harm, especially since she knew him before hand. Dinners once a week or an activity on the weekend is absolutely fine and I will not be doing damage to her. That was the biggest concern of mine hands down. I felt a lot of relief knowing that I am not doing the wrong thing by her.

This weekend was fantastic. I won't give the whole run down but I did meet his best friend who thinks we are great together and he told his friend we just seem to "work". We did lots of fun stuff on Saturday. He slept over and Sunday I wen to the spa, and while I was gone he went shopping and got stuff to make for dinner. He cooked in my kitchen a delicious meal (he says he never cooks for anyone) while I was doing schoolwork. He cleaned everything up. He helped me with my schoolwork.

He is just amazing. I don't know how I got so lucky.

I thought I would never find this. I did. There is hope for everyone last one of us.

D
D
Ginger,

I am so happy for you. Your post brings hope to all of us. Godspeed, my friend.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
D
D
Originally Posted By: Ginger1
She told me when I just began talking about this one she had a good feeling about him.

Ginger,

It's a wonderful thing! I think we all got the idea that this one seems to be spot-on. Congratulations! (And yes, I'm giddy.)

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard