Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Dawgs #2727781 01/30/17 04:38 AM
T
Tofbrks Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Taking care of some much over due paperwork with stbx this am. Something I have been putting off simply because dealing with her causes anxiety. It just so happens events necessitated her to press for this and I won't have to worry about changes.

Did go by HD and bought 10 of the cheapest , largest cardboard boxes I could. I would like to have as much of her crap ready to go to limit her time in MY home. Don't know why this bothers me so , just seems as though my home is the one sacred thing I have left. So I'm letting her have all her dishes she registered for as wedding gifts and all the pots and pans .... at least the ones she didn't burn something in and throw away.

Seems as though the woman I've been chatting with has been burned twice by men cheating. She knows the ropes very well and what I'm going through but don't know if that's healthy for going forward. If nothing else I've made a great friend that understands.

Daughters medical situation seems to have stabilized and that's good news.
The only scary thing is that she is so much like x in that she doesn't listen to reason and craves attention. She argued with me over this diagnosis, as it seems she wants to be "sick" for attention. So I have a long road ahead to try to figure out the pieces and make things right.

Me:47 XW 43
D15 D10
Together 17 married 15
Bd : Mother's Day 2015
Sep :July 2015
Divorce final October 2016
D
D
Quote:
Did go by HD and bought 10 of the cheapest , largest cardboard boxes I could. I would like to have as much of her crap ready to go to limit her time in MY home. Don't know why this bothers me so , just seems as though my home is the one sacred thing I have left. So I'm letting her have all her dishes she registered for as wedding gifts and all the pots and pans .... at least the ones she didn't burn something in and throw away.

I know the feeling. Its truly sucktastic. I think its another nail in finality coffin, if you know what I mean.

Quote:
Seems as though the woman I've been chatting with has been burned twice by men cheating. She knows the ropes very well and what I'm going through but don't know if that's healthy for going forward. If nothing else I've made a great friend that understands.

Um, I'm not sure how to take that one. Just be careful no bitterness is showing.

Quote:
Daughters medical situation seems to have stabilized and that's good news.

Most excellent news, sir.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
Dawgs #2728197 02/02/17 04:50 AM
T
Tofbrks Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Jeep and doodler you both would be proud, I met the woman I've been chatting with for a few days. Had a very nice evening , never really a moment that went without some banter or funny story from our past. We do share a lot of commonality through the divorces and just life in general. This makes for a sense of ease ... a sort of old friend feeling.

However I'm not so sold that there is anything more than this. But in hindsight I usually develope feelings slowly as I feel more prone to trust or just see the person a little differently over time. And always I guess will be in the background , this was how I developed my R with x.

Scorecard for chatty woman
Likes same beer ! But also ladylike wine drinker ..
Hates x !!!
Thinks om is fat sloppy ugly .. duh
Loves her daughters .. good mom
Loves the same music
Self sufficient ... I ain't no sugar daddy as x will plainly tell you
Great conversationalist
Stable .. no major drama

So I'm still evaluatiing ...she herself suggested that I " let the crazy and wild out" , pointing out that's what she did after divorce. Don't know if that's me actually. Have given it some thought and it would be fun ... but understood what she was trying to say. But it feels good to have someone in your corner , thatvitvcan be done and I will be just fine.

D15 D10
Together 17 married 15
D
D
Tofbrks,

I am most proud, sir. Isn't it a wonderful feeling - and a most awesome boost to your ego and mental well being - to go out like that and have a great time? Score one for Tofbrks!

From what you say, it seems that it went very, very well and you do have a bit in common, which is a great thing! I would imagine that another date is in the works, no? If not, then doodler and I would be most ashamed. Haha.

At the very worst you've made a good friend out of it, but I suspect there may be a spark. Who knows. Enjoy the ride without worrying about where it will go. Those are the best kind.

Quote:
suggested that I " let the crazy and wild out" ,

Hmmm. Wonder if that is the same wild that is the norm for most newly divorced women?

Sir, you will more than just fine. Enjoy yourself and the company of what seems to be a great woman! Heck, I'm sold on the beer part but still a lady like wine drinker! So, the question is, when are you taking her out again?

P.S. Did you get to see her in a Harley Quinn outfit?

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
Dawgs #2729019 02/07/17 07:50 PM
T
Tofbrks Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Jeep you'll be proud of me .. chatty woman and I are going out on the next kid free weekend (on my end ... her x is a winner and lives 2k away). Even talkkescabout vday .. hooters is giving away free wings if you bring a pic of your x in a shred it. But I hate hooters wings they suck. She said we should go.. eat wings and drink beer!

Still not sure I feel anything for her other than a friendship.. looks wise she's not my type but trying to keep an open mind. The convo is great so it keeps me intrigued , if that can be built upon.

Really pondering lately the big question ... why did this happen? Know I will never get a good answer from her ... so I don't even entertain the thought of asking. But I'm a fixer and to prevent it from happening again I'll reason that I need to know what happened to my M.... but know i never will. So this is part of my journey, I need to lay this down and move on... perhaps make up a good reason to tell my mind and move forward.

D15 D10
Together 17 married 15
T
Tofbrks Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Vday ended up a bust .. spent the night at home alone watching xmen movie eating a totinos pizza..

Chatty woman whom I was supposed to go out with came downwith the flu so she bailed .. rightfully so bt here's the kicker. I buy roses for D every vday. Whole Foods has great deal on 24.. so I get bb and the roses and make my own. I made an arrangement for both of 6 each and took them to inlaws where they are staying w/ex. So this left me with 12 to give to chatty and her D's. Well with her being sick she didn't want to go out but I still wanted her to have the roses.. so I told her I had a gift that wouldn't keep and I could just drop off.

She made it very clear that she wasn't up for anything.. so I replied with a remark tainted with sarcasm.. playful but sarcastic as this has been the norm in our convos.. no reply.. until the following day.. explaining a little on how she felt.
Now where there used to be at least 10-20 txts a day .. 1 maybe every other day at best. Come on now .. BS in communications and this is the best you can do? A masters in something else .. geez... adult here- lets adult now..

So back to square negative I guess...but bright side guess I dodged a bullet on that one...

D15 D10
Together 17 married 15
D
D
Sorry to hear that, Tofbrks.

Just let it go and if chatty wants to talk, she will. Get back on that horse!

D
D
Originally Posted By: Tofbrks
.. spent the night at home alone watching xmen movie eating a totinos pizza..

The xmen movie and totino's pizza? That sounds like a wonderful night to me.

T
Tofbrks Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted By: doodler
Originally Posted By: Tofbrks
.. spent the night at home alone watching xmen movie eating a totinos pizza..

The xmen movie and totino's pizza? That sounds like a wonderful night to me.

If planed yes.. when your hand is forced ..no
Just wanted to to give the f'n roses to her..my mom stopped by to pack some x stuff up for me so I told her to take them and happy vday!

Jeep I hear ya on the horse and all but don't know if I just need to step back and work on me a little more. Still feel like I'm loosing .. although I know it's not a race of any sorts ... but do feel pressure since x is tightly hinged to OM...

Having a bad week of sorts much like jeep a ghost still lurks in some areas .. perhaps I should hire someone to get rid of it ... maybe a clairvoyant to cuss her out and tell her she's evicted? Idk

D15 D10
Together 17 married 15
D
D
Quote:
Jeep I hear ya on the horse and all but don't know if I just need to step back and work on me a little more. Still feel like I'm loosing .. although I know it's not a race of any sorts ... but do feel pressure since x is tightly hinged to OM...

Having a bad week of sorts much like jeep a ghost still lurks in some areas .. perhaps I should hire someone to get rid of it ... maybe a clairvoyant to cuss her out and tell her she's evicted? Idk

Doesn't have to be a full horse when a pony will work just fine. Go get coffee or maybe dinner. You don't have to date. Something. Works wonders.

My friend, that ghost will always lurk. Always. If you find a way to exorcise it, let me know please.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard