Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
D
D
Originally Posted By: Jeep74
How are you doing, my friend?

Jeep,

I'm totally pumped. I'm preparing to create an "accent wall" this weekend. I just finished painting the fireplace mantel and now I'm going to use deep red venetian plaster on the wall around the mantel to create the accent wall. I'm getting in touch with my feminine side, and wowsa...

Other than the malevolent ghost, how are you doing?

D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By: Ginger1
I think even while a new tenant helps, the ghost of someone we once loved never goes away. it's how we let us affect us.

Hi Ginger! A truer statement has never been said. I'm learning. And with Sotto's advice, maybe I've got this thing licked. Well, at least for the time being anyway. It is how we let it affect us. I like that. I'm starting to find that things don't bother me like they used to. Sure, there are still tinges and maybe there always will be. But the clouds are parting.

Its a sunny day!

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By: doodler
How are you doing, my friend?

Jeep,

I'm totally pumped. I'm preparing to create an "accent wall" this weekend. I just finished painting the fireplace mantel and now I'm going to use deep red venetian plaster on the wall around the mantel to create the accent wall. I'm getting in touch with my feminine side, and wowsa...

Other than the malevolent ghost, how are you doing?

Doodler,

I'm doing pretty well. I like the work you are doing, my friend. You should post some of your work over on TW for me to check out. I'll be getting a new place sooner than later and may need some ideas.

I'm starting a new workout plan and find that I am pushing myself harder than I have in a long, long time. That's a good thing, in my book. I won't have the kids this weekend so maybe I can get some things done. Who knows. Maybe I'll just kick back and relax for a bit. And make some hot buttered rum!

I'm glad you stopped by, my friend.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
D
D
Jeep,

I'm glad your workouts are going well. I need to get back into a regular exercise routine.

Last edited by job; 02/16/17 03:23 PM. Reason: Removed reference to another internet site
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By: doodler
Jeep,

I'm glad your workouts are going well. I need to get back into a regular exercise routine.

Doodler,

I'll check it out, my friend!

Last edited by job; 02/16/17 03:22 PM. Reason: Removed reference to another internet site

D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
A small text conversation with the ex ended up not so nice this morning. She ended up saying that she was trying to be civil and I sent back "I am too" and also added that you wanted out and got what you wanted. She went on to say at least lets try to be friends. I wanted to laugh but just didn't answer...

G
G
Jeep74,

Re he her lets try to be friends comment: what do you want your R to be now? what is actually possible/desirable for you?

Gordie 40s W 40s M20+ kids
2016 BD W fantasy affair w OM1 I do everything wrong
2017 I start to DB W says TLTL files for D PA w OM2
2018 I do LRT W drops filing and OM2 situation slowly improving
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Doodler,

You know, I don't even know anymore. I find it hard to be friends with someone who stabbed me in the back like that - she's an adult and knows right from wrong, no matter how messed up her childhood was.

I mean, she wanted out and destroyed two families doing it. Can I be friends? Honestly, I have no desire to be friends with her. None at all. I know what we have to have an amicable relationship around/concerning the kids and I get that. But I won't be buds with her.

D
D
Don't you just LOVE the "let's be friends" thing? My XH tried that with me too. No...just no! No thank you, you narcissistic, lying, cheating, a$$hat. We don't even have to pretend to be amicable because the kids are adults so screw you, dude. Of course, in my case, it actually worked out that the new cheating skank is insecure and forbid him from talking to me. LOLOLOLOLOLOL Yep, a grown man forbidden to talk to someone. But, I guess I see her point because my motto has always been if they'll cheat with you, they'll cheat on you. Of course, he cheated ON me, not with me and I have NO intention of EVER going back down that road. Goodbye and good riddance. I have real friends who love me and don't stab me in the back, thank you very much.

LOL sorry for the rant, but that is just what popped into my head when I read your friends chat with your XW. I'm just not sure I'll ever understand how someone can screw you over with a smile on their face then still want to make nice. People are crazy!

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
D
D
Can I be friends? Honestly, I have no desire to be friends with her. None at all. I know what we have to have an amicable relationship around/concerning the kids and I get that. But I won't be buds with her.

Jeep,

I think you were responding to Gordie, nevertheless, I agree with Dawn regarding the friend thing. I'm staying out of friend zone. I don't want to be reeled back into the abyss.

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard