Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
D
D
Ginger,

Congrats on FF! My ears are burning; I want to know all about the Valentine's date. Let us know how it goes.

I want you to know, I planted a hedge of double knock out roses (red, not pink) in your honor. Well, I did plan on it a while ago, but I think I'll name the hedge Ginger in your honor. From now on, you'll be known as the Eponymous Ginger.

Again, it's wonderful news. I love a good romance.

job Offline
I agree w/what everyone has posted. I'm so happy that you and the "FF" had a great time and are going to get together again. When you least expect it, someone will walk into your life.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
You all have been such good support to me this past year when I've been down in the dumps over a lost relationship. You guys held out hope for me and always gave me such kind words (JuJu, what you said was so kind). Happy Valentines Day to you all. Life is easier when you have a good group in your corner.

This morning he sent me a text that was just beyond sweet. He asked me to be his Valentine and told me how much he has loved getting to know me and how I am make him so happy and that he looks forward to getting to know me even more. he told me I was a great person, and he can't put into words how happy I make him feel. It was super sweet. I haven't had an acknowledgment of Valentines day in 9 years. Or heard someone not afraid of the feelings they have.

He's not just a taker and is truly a giver. Would go out of the way for me, easily. he already tried to switch a shift just to spend time with me. As you may remember, I always do those things, but no one has ever bothered to go out of their way for me.

Expectations are low. I am allowing myself to cautiously eat up all the wonderfulness that is ensuing right now.

This Sunday he is planning a special date for us. He even plans and makes decisions!

Can't wipe the goofy smile off my face.

D
D
That has made my morning!

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
J
J
Yay!!! So happy for you

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
WARNING: LONG POST AHEAD

I've got a dilemma which I think I worked out, but let me start by my wonderful V-day. He came over last night after D9 was in bed. He brought be 2 dozen roses, a bear that sings and a bottle of wine. I near cried, as I have not had the holiday acknowledged since Ex-H. It's not a huge deal to me, but I've either been alone, or been with someone who refuses to even acknowledge the holiday. So it was just the sweetest surprise. Yeah, commercial holiday, but it does feel good. He actually told me he got a card and he said his handwriting was so awful, he threw it out. he wasn't going to tell me but he did.

We stood in my kitchen for like 2 hours talking and sharing the wine. We could both talk forever. He's open and honest with his feelings and he told me how excited he gets to see me, how he just likes to make me happy. He told me about how he appreciates my independence but likes the way I look to him to be the man in certain situations to take the lead. Seriously, that is exactly what I look for. He understands it. The plumber was so off from that. He thought me washing the dishes while he smacks my butt was being a man. Everything about me and FF clicks so far. It's scary. I have had a perma smile that won't come off my face. He is probably the first guy who isn't giving me the BS of " I wasn't looking for a relationship, I don't know what I want" He is actually not scared of a relationship and it is what he hopes to progress to in his life.

Now onto the tough part. D9 figured it out. She knows I am dating him. Very difficult to hide, especially from super sleuth. I can get into the details of how she seriously backed me into a corner into admitting it, but it's long. It's a tricky situation that we all go to the gym together and talk and hang around and that she already sees him most days for a while now. I was not worried that she was going to be upset. I was worried she was going to be happy. And she is. But I had to explain to her that we just started dating and until I spend time with him alone and get to know him better, that all of us won't be doing things together. I told her when and if the time is right, I will let her know. She did understand. I did panic that I am the worst mom, called my friend this morning and she assured me I am not. There is no rule book, things happen, and the important thing is that I handle it right from here. Everyone who knows me a from here for a long time knows that she's met one guy and that is it. She happened to meet this one as a friend first.

There is my long-winded update. It's been a whirlwind, and quite an unexpected amazing one. I am staying grounded while still enjoying. I am not happy with myself that D9 found out, but I can only best from here on out.

And I will end with something funny. She said "Mom, isn't he in his 20's?" I said yes. She said "you are too old for him". Not, "he is too young for you"

D
D
Ginger,

As the famous doodler will say, I'm giddy for you! It's so nice to be someone's priority. Seems like you have a good one on your hands. If only we all were as lucky!

Quote:
And I will end with something funny. She said "Mom, isn't he in his 20's?" I said yes. She said "you are too old for him". Not, "he is too young for you"

This is were we need better emoticons... I'm dying laughing at this one!

Good on ya!

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
W
W
Ok, i hate to be a stick-in-the-mud as the love train leaves the station but this is a forum for us to say what we think...toss it in the trash if you like. I am so happy that you have found someone who seems to mesh so well with you...honest, I am! But when I read how quickly and all encompassing he seems to be...I feel overwhelmed and don't even know him! That said, my shrink once said that getting really involved quickly does not seem to be an issue when two people are on the same wave length but it's when one is jumping in with both feet and the other is still sticking his/her toe in the water that it becomes a problem. So, I'm on your side and pulling for you G, but also feel a bit taken aback by his speed and excessive enthusiasm...maybe that's just me. Btw, I hope you take this opportunity to discuss ageism with your daughter...it's connection, not age that matters smile Keep us updated.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
D
D
Ginger,

The dilemma regarding your daughter isn't much of a dilemma; just wait until you have to tell her she's going to have a sibling. blush

D
D
Quote:
but also feel a bit taken aback by his speed and excessive enthusiasm

He does seem to be moving quite fast, but then again it may be her excitement in telling it. I'm sure Ginger has a good read. I'm excited for her!

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard