Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
thank you everyone. Your well wishes seem to have worked.

Date started at 9pm and ended at 9am. Awake the whole time and talking almost the whole time. 2nd date was shortly after I went to a cycling class on 0 hours of sleep (and came in 21st out of 48)at 2pm and went until 8pm (only because I was going out with the girls. There would have been #3 today, but he has to work.

Yeah, pretty intense, I know. But wow. age really just is a number. He's mature, hard working, huge family guy, very down to earth.... sweet, attentive, observant, and a gentleman. Woah!

Don't worry, I am just enjoying this, not moving anything fast. But the other girls did figure it out. He doesn't care anyone knows. They are probably going to tease the crap out of us all class tomorrow night, so we decided to go along with the game. I did find out another instructor likes him and knows he likes me, and she also takes our class sometimes. So weirdness is probably going to happen. I do not want any gym drama. The benefit to OLD is no one knows your business, this is a close knit group and some can be kind of petty. So I just hope it doesn't get weird.

He is a firefighter in the roughest area there is here in my area. When he works it's 24 hours straight. So the guys shop, cook, ect. he was sent out for all the stuff to cook and he gave me a call and we were on the phone for over an hour.

It feels good. I am trying to just enjoy my good feeling. What a differene between him and the plumber. Not only in the person they are, but in how I feel towards him. The feelings are very different.

A year ago I was away on vacation with ex-NG and our kids. That was the last time I saw him in which we were together. After the vacation, we had our rocky time trying to figure out where to go next. And that was the end of us. It's true. My feelings have eased towards it much more being interested in someone else. I thought with the guys who have come in my life since ex-NG, that maybe I wasn't capable of feelings for anyone else. I think I am!

I'll always have a special place in my heart for ex-NG. But I think I got the shove to move on, even if this doesn't work out.

Hmmmm...... I didn't expect this at all, me and this guy. We could nickname him FF. I wasn't looking for it. Maybe there is something to be said for that.

Rosalinda, even thought they were over an hour late to the dance, they had a good time. When I was on the date he sent a vide of them dancing and singing "Living on a prayer". It made me smile. It was nice to see them have fun together like that. They rarely do anything special just the two of them, and I think they both loved it.

Last edited by job; 02/12/17 12:47 PM. Reason: Added spacing between paragraphs
J
J
This sounds great ginger! He is a lucky guy smile

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
W
W
Congrats on the new connection! Remember to take it easy and protect your heart (I've never been able to figure out how to do that myself lol).

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
D
D
Woot!

Quote:
Date started at 9pm and ended at 9am. Awake the whole time and talking almost the whole time

That is an awesome, awesome feeling, eh? Nothing like staying up all night talking. Seems like this is a very good start! Good on ya!

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
D
D
Good for you, lady! You are an inspiration to me, with your younger guys. I'm hoping to follow your lead. So glad you enjoyed and wish you nothing but the best moving forward. smile

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thank you all!

I am still in a bit of shock. Like I said, it was the last thing I expected.

he texts often and we speak on the phone for like an hour at a time. He's a good morning, goodnight, how's your day type of guy. Which is important to me. We just click.

I am having a little bit of insecurity, however. I kind of can't understand why he chose me, when other, much more single younger women are interested in him> I know of at least two women who like him at the gym, and he knows the same. But he continues to chose me, the older single mother.

he knows our time together is when D9 is at her dad's. Which happens to coincide with his work schedule until Sunday. He wishes we could spend some time together sooner, as do I, but he is understanding.

he wants ot take me out after the gym for V-Day, but I have D9. I know it's a dumb commercial holiday, but I haven't done anything for that holiday since I was married. ANd our last V day together was awful, and I knew something fishy was going on.
The thought was very sweet though.

What can I say? I'm in like!

J
J
He likes you because your awesome and beautiful and it's really hard to find someone that you can connect with. I bet you are light years away in terms of depth and soulfullness then many of the women he has experience with.

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
W
W
Who cares why he chose you...he did! It means you're pretty special smile Nobody else here is surprised! Don't go lighting fires where they don't exist (do you like the "fire" reference lol?)

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
R
R
Ginger if this man didn't like you he wouldn't ask you out. You are an awesome person and that is why he wants to be with you.

I enjoy your time with him and keep expectations to a zero level. You deserve to be happy.

R
R
I told u it would happen when u least expected it. That's how it usually goes. Happy Valentine's Day to everyone.

M 53
D 20
Separated 6/22/11 moved out 10/24
Together 26 yrs
Married 16
W Filed for D 7/21/11
Served 9/6/11
D final 8/28/12

“Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.”

John Wooden

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis