Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 16 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 15 16
psluke Offline OP
OP Offline
Good Morning everyone,

The sun is shining here again. I wonder if my mood is that STRONGLY affected by the weather? I feel much better today. It might also be due to having a good start on finally getting our taxes completed!

CHL came over around 6:30 and started loading the tax software. The kids were all over him when he came in.

I had him close his eyes and hold out his hand and gave him a Cadbury Easter Egg.

While software was loading he asked if wanted to do something about dinner. I said I had a couple of potatoes I had bought for Jonah if he was interested. He said that sounded good so he fixed his special deluxe baked potatoes.

He took some sinus medicine as he was really congested and had a pretty bad headache. Then after dinner I had started on the taxes and he ended up with a really upset system. But he kept saying he was stressed over the taxes and stressed over work. I wonder if also stressed over the D? But no one mentioned that or the settlement.

I think the evening went well, overall. I don't believe I did anything too ditzy! Was sorry CHL didn't feel well, but it was nice to see him. He had on a white button up shirt with a sweater over it and I always think he looks so sexy like that!

He forgot his 1099's so I used the amounts he had written down but asked him to answer the questions on that page and I think he saw why I wanted to see the paperwork rather than just have numbers. He is going to double check his papers and give me a call to make sure he answered questions correctly.

Part of his reason for stressing over work is they have moved everything up on him and he has to start the switch over to the new system Friday around 3:30 rather than over the weekend and he has to be finished and have it ready to go by Saturday at 7:00 AM He seems pretty worried, I'm sure he will do fine because he will have put in the ground work that he needs to do ahead of time.

Pam

"We must be willing to let go of the life we had planned
so as to have the life that is waiting for us"
Pam -- sounds like a great evening, friend! You are doing so great!!!!!!

Sage

Relax. Appreciate. Be calm. Laugh. Enjoy. Be secure. Be loving. Be loved. Don't personalize. Don't ASSume. Accept. Be grateful.
psluke Offline OP
OP Offline
You know Sage, it really was a nice evening and the really cool thing is I feel more self contained and self confident than I used too. I believe it is due to feeling more in control of myself!!!!

I also believe I at least see my black/white, ASSuming, thinking much easier now and this is going to sound strange, but it is like finding out the world is round rather than flat!!! That there are so many other ways of looking at things rather than the narrow vision I have always had of things! It is really a pretty cool feeling.

Pam

psluke Offline OP
OP Offline
Last night I was asking CHL about how I'm doing with IM's, since I know he is so busy and he said all right most of the time. Once in a while I send too many. I said well I wish you would say something when I do, but I will leave it off the rest of the week.

He said you don't have to do that just don't swamp me. So I have left it on but NOT sent any messages today. He will need to contact me sometime today about finishing up taxes and I'm intending to let him make the first contact today since I know at some point he will have to do so!

I wish my memory was better. Somehow was discussing my emotions and I thanked him for being understanding that Monday I was still pretty upset and dealing with the loss of Jonah. He said I am doing better on not being emotional, but sometimes I still am. I thought I had been managing better, but at least he did say I am better and I am really focusing on being even better now that I know some of it is still getting through.

He was stressed over work and taxes but I really felt the evening went well, no cross words or anything. For us both to be a bit stressed and that to happen I thought was pretty darn good.

He did a little bit of joking around and teasing before he got to feeling really bad.

I wonder if that will be the last time I see him before the D? I know he is going to be real busy rest of this week and possibly next week as well.

Pam

A
A
Pam, My heart goes out to you. You are doing so well. You've become so much stronger. You are learning to respond instead of react and losing that all or nothing thinking. I'm proud of you.
When times get rough, think of the song Unanswered Prayers by Garth Brooks I believe....there is something better waiting just around the corner for you...wait and see...then you will Thank God for unanswered prayers.
Hang in there.
And don't forget to do nice things for Pam...
Hugs and prayers, Akgal
When all seemed lost, I prayed to St. Rita for reconciliation of my marriage and it came to pass.

I am responsible for my own happiness.
psluke Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Akgal,

Thank you for the encouragement and the positive thinking!

Pam

psluke Offline OP
OP Offline
You know when he is over like that and we are joking and talking it is so hard to remember that two weeks from today our D will be final.

Pam

Pam,

Put that thought out of you mind. You have gotten so much stronger, it is seen in your posts. Even if the D is final in 2 weeks, you can still be friends and start anew. You will be a better, stronger person. For You!

Pattie

When you can't make a decision because you are torn between your heart and your head, listen to the half with the brain.
psluke Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you Pattie!

I do feel stronger. I just wish this didn't have to happen for me to get where I am at now.

It is going to be a beautiful weekend here to ride this coming weekend.

Pam

psluke Offline OP
OP Offline
I wish I had to only work half a day!!!

The afternoons sooooo drag.

Pam

Page 9 of 16 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 15 16

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis