Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 16 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 15 16
psluke Offline OP
OP Offline
I think I probably will do that, I just sort of hated to do that to him as he was very helpful with Jonah Friday night.

Pam

"We must be willing to let go of the life we had planned
so as to have the life that is waiting for us"
Maybe set a date for doing your taxes and let him know that if he gets the paperwork to you by then you will do both ... if not, you're just doing yours. I think he did well to open up to you - he didn't feel that you trusted him with the numbers.... but you took that opportunity to jab at him (D and J), OUCH!

By saying that you needed the paperwork, did you mean that you didn't trust him? How about a validating statement like: "I understand how asking that would make you feel as if I don't trust you. I don't mean for it to make you feel that way."

-Calystra
psluke Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Cal,

That sounds like a very logical way to handle things. It isn't like giving him an ultimatum is it?

Actually not exactly don't trust him, but I'm not comfortable doing the taxes without seeing the paperwork.

I don't think he would cheat on taxes, but I didn't think he would do those other things either.

I think a lot of this is emotions left over from Jonah and the d being so close. I am sucking bad today and I KNOW it.

When I am this off I have not figured out how to manage it yet. When I am mostly level and start some ASSuming thinking it is almost becoming automatic to immediately questing the ASSumptions! I love it because it saves me some emotional work ups of myself.

Pam

Quote:

When I am this off I have not figured out how to manage it yet. When I am mostly level and start some ASSuming thinking it is almost becoming automatic to immediately questing the ASSumptions! I love it because it saves me some emotional work ups of myself.

One of the best ways (and one of the highly mentioned ways on the BB) for deailng with being "off" is to not make any important decisions or any contact with the WAS until you feel "on". Sometimes that's all you can do.

-Calystra
psluke Offline OP
OP Offline
THAT is probably what I should have done today.

I let the combination of stress and sadness over Jonah and the crap over J ruin all my hard work of the past month.

Last edited by psluke; 04/12/04 05:29 PM.

Pam

Stopping by with a slice of gingerbread
and a mug of cocoa for ya -- take a break,
sweetie.

Sorry you had to let go of your dear friend Jonah.
You gave him a wonderful life and now he'll be surrounded
by peace. Dogsmiles and dogpiles -- we need these things
to ground us, don't we?

You're handling so many very difficult things
with grace and humor -- hug hug hug!
A person can learn a thing or two reading YOUR posts!

Don't fret about emotional slips.
Sometimes it's too much loss all at once, huh?
This happens to us all and it gets overwhelming.

U have great bounce-back -- don't forget it!

U know what works and what doesn't.

U can trust yourself to get back on the pony and
head toward high ground (when you've grieved enough
for today).

You are a winner.

Thanks for being doglike -- loyal and loving --
and showing us the way.

Love,

Bridget

psluke Offline OP
OP Offline
Oh Bridget,

Such a nice post!

Overwhelmed is what I felt today. I know it is a combination. I do have to grieve Jonah even though I would not have wanted him to live long with the difficult breathing he didn't seem in any pain and was still very interested in the family life. I don't think I made the wrong choice to give him the extra two weeks.

Thank you again. Cocoa is good today it is cold here!

Pam

psluke Offline OP
OP Offline
Good Morning all,

Nothing much to post today but interesting observation on the pack behaviour.

I had noticed the shelties didn't seem to be playing much and wondered if more of them weren't feeling well.

Saturday we all slept a lot of the day or just laid on the sofa and visited.

Sunday and has continued now they are back to rough housing and playing with one another like normal.

I think they were keeping it quiet for Jones, that they knew that he didn't really feel well.

They have also been very snuggly and loving, like they know mom needs the extra love right now.

Pam

psluke Offline OP
OP Offline
I really hope this thought stopping stuff gets easier, but on the way to work I started thinking about CHL's family and getting spun up about my feelings that they have turned their backs on me. Then I started getting upset with CHL and it hit me the emotions were starting to build and I realized what I was doing. I didn't catch it as quick as I would have liked but it does work. I am much calmer now! But WORK is the operative word.

Pam

what do they say? the first part of healing is admitting you have a problem?

your doing wonderful, don't get down on yourself for not being 'quick' enough, the positive thing is that you DID do it

sounding great pam

GO YOU

Page 7 of 16 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 15 16

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard