Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
G
G
Originally Posted By: ForGump
Originally Posted By: JRuss
Can she really not just hand it to you to affect service?

We had a great night out at a restaurant with two other families. Good food, beer, lots of laughter, kids having fun.

Then before going to bed, she came to me and said, You're right, I can just give you the [divorce] papers. So I think I'm just going to give them to you.

I nodded but said nothing.

It's like my DB coach reminded me. When they get too close, they have to pull further away because they see getting too close as contrary to their goal.

F
ForGump Offline OP
OP Offline
F
She pulled the trigger.

Holding steady on the outside -- possibly overdoing it -- but on the inside feeling weightless and adrift.

Me: 50, MLC/WW 45
Young kids
Nov 2015: BD1
Apr 2016: BD2
Jan 2017: W filed
Feb 2017: D final
G
G
So sorry for the news. Can you do something for yourself today to process your feelings? Do you have someone with whom you can talk?

Gordie 40s W 40s M20+ kids
2016 BD W fantasy affair w OM1 I do everything wrong
2017 I start to DB W says TLTL files for D PA w OM2
2018 I do LRT W drops filing and OM2 situation slowly improving
I'm sorry, Gump. In actually surprised she pulled the trigger. So what changes now? What does this practically mean? Do you seek three house? Did she move out?

Sell the house, not seek three house.

C
C
Thinking of you FG.

Me - 47
H - 45
D-16
M - 6 years
Separated - May 16

Don't leave me behind can't you see me I'm shining... (Years & Years - 'Shine')
M
M
She pulled the trigger.

Holding steady on the outside -- possibly overdoing it -- but on the inside feeling weightless and adrift.

I'm sorry to hear that fg,but you know when otheir in mlc their not thinking straight they can't with their hormones going lala,they think they know what their doing but how can they when in mlc lala land,my w completed the divorce then a few weeks later said to me why dident you stop it,

Me 56 w52
M30 years
4x adult kids
W dad died/11
W wanted d 03/12
In-house sep 03/12
D 2014 I pushed
W Left on 02/16 I pushed
Pa on 07/16
Nc after 07/16
W Cakeating 15to16
Me doormat 12to16
Limbo 12to16
F
ForGump Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Gordie-- thanks. Good advice, and I kept thinking about it, although I didn't do a particularly good job of it. I spent much of the day playing w/ my kids, doing housework, and running errands for my family. Late evening I went to the gym and got a brief workout in but I feel the tip of depression above the surface, like an iceberg. I am continually resolving to toughen up, though... It's a marathon, and I'm willing to keep running, but I don't know if I'll stay on the course. I just might run off to somewhere else.

100383-- practically, this means I have 30 days to respond to her divorce petition. We can work out a version that we both agree to, or else I submit what I want, and we're forced to go into mediation provided by the court. The terms of divorce she put into the petition were really half-baked and very unspecific. It's consistent with her inability to really think complex issues/scenarios through. She just has to plunge right into it. The parenting plan assumed we were going to be highly interactive, and simultaneously assumed we would just work out holidays and vacations on the fly. I don't think she understands that I don't want us to parent like we're still married or we're best buddies. I need a clean delineation. The ownership of our house is a little complex, for reasons I don't want to get into here. I will say that odds are fair to good that in the long run it will likely have to be sold.

Maly-- my wife has been fairly consistently cordial toward me, and she does feel a lot of guilt and remorse. But I now believe she now is deep in the throes of MLC, and it's colored and amplified by some degree of borderline personality disorder (BPD). She made a doodle recently that I saw, in which she wrote repeatedly, "Love and passion and meaningful life." A person with BPD has difficulty regulating their impulses, and also experiences sensory perception and emotions with unusual intensity. I believe she's lived all these years with me trying to repress her impulses. Her infatuation with the OM triggered her giving up on trying to control her impulses, and instead embracing whatever her impulses are telling her. And I'm collateral damage, along with my kids.

It's not simple, but that's the gist. A few days ago when I asked her if she's going to have me served, she replied she doesn't know and began crying and wished she could just escape the torment of not knowing what to do. So I know she wasn't sure right up til the end. In fact, she couldn't bear to give me the papers in person. She placed them on my nightstand after I had fallen asleep.

Today I found myself thinking about all the ways that she and I don't get along at times; I found myself thinking about how great it would be to be with someone more emotionally generous. I found wondering what it'd feel like to be loved again for who I am. Then I thought about how difficult that is, to find someone who loves you just the way you are.

In the end, I'm seeing that all my musings and hand wringing about what's DB and not DB doesn't matter all that much. I'm locked into my fate, and all I can do is to put one foot in front of the other. I'm going to give her the signed for acknowledging receipt of the papers, then take my time to formulating a better set of terms for the divorce, then propose to go over it together in person.

It does help that you all are out there in this schizophrenic cyberspace because my in-person friends don't really understand what we're going through. I say schizophrenic because you're there, but then you're not there.

Me: 50, MLC/WW 45
Young kids
Nov 2015: BD1
Apr 2016: BD2
Jan 2017: W filed
Feb 2017: D final
M
M
Fg,I think your doing OK the way your handling things,keep in mind this is not the woman you married,its a different person when in this mlc,stand your ground ,in a nice way,don't let her leave you with nothing,your priority is protecting you and your kids,keep your guard up things will probly get worse,

Me 56 w52
M30 years
4x adult kids
W dad died/11
W wanted d 03/12
In-house sep 03/12
D 2014 I pushed
W Left on 02/16 I pushed
Pa on 07/16
Nc after 07/16
W Cakeating 15to16
Me doormat 12to16
Limbo 12to16
J
J
I wish I had something to say that could help. I'm about a week to 10 days behind you in terms of getting served, FG, and waiting for it just plain [censored]. No sugarcoating it. That bit about her doodle -- my W likely wouldn't write it down where anyone could see it, but it is pretty much verbatim where her focus is.

I was struck by this quote:

Today I found myself thinking about all the ways that she and I don't get along at times; I found myself thinking about how great it would be to be with someone more emotionally generous. I found wondering what it'd feel like to be loved again for who I am. Then I thought about how difficult that is, to find someone who loves you just the way you are.

If you can get to where you can trust (big ask, I know) and let go of all of what you've been through (another big ask, I know) and show women anything close to what you show here in terms of how your mind works, and your strength and constancy and huge heart, it won't be a matter of luck or chance. The most difficult thing will be wading through all of the women who will want to be with you. Believe it!

Me: 46
W: 44
Married: 17
Together 21
D13; S10
BD: 03.03.15 (Not attracted to you)
Almost 2 years trying, alone, to save marriage
Status now: Divorced (effective 06.13.17)
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard