PS, as for the mediation costs? My understanding is its about $3500

M:41 H:43
T:26yrs M:19 yrs
S:15 D1:14 D2:9
Living together but separated
D
D
Chewie,

So my idea about the pedestal was just thrown out the window! Haha. Won't be the last!

So, that has me thinking - I wonder if it somehow is related to his mom. Cleaning, makeup, well dressed. Something is giving this never good enough idea. Something.

Quote:
Depending on the day, he wants a woman who is a fitness model (not me), or a tatted up girl with piercings and dyed hair (also not me). Sometimes he wants the girl next door - me.

There are some theories on this that I won't post on here. Haha

Quote:
My family is very kid oriented and so my focus is on them. its very hard to be around his family, they would completely forget the children entirely if I wasn't there.

I can relate very much so to this.

Quote:
While my house is picked ip and "clean", I have 3 kids and 2 dogs so it's definitely not his mother's house. Which is also an issue I think.

See above on Mom.

Quote:
I can only fix so much.

You shouldn't be trying to fix anything concerning him. Only you, remember? And only you for you and no one else.

Quote:
I'd like to go to the range too, but I've never gone by myself and quite honestly, I'm afraid to. He knows more than I and if I have a problem, he always fixed it.

What do you shoot? Maybe you'll find that going by yourself is what you need to do.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
D
D
Originally Posted By: 010207
PS, as for the mediation costs? My understanding is its about $3500

WHAT???

Is that including lawyer fee? I have never heard of a mediator costing that much.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
010207 Offline OP
OP Offline
"There are some theories on this that I won't post on here. Haha"

Ok, so that was NOT helpful! Lol. You know the librarian fantasy? My H was lucky in that department. He can't complain in this area so if that's where you were going I'm just going to have to knock that one down too. Lol

Could it be related to his mom? Absolutely. But what can I do about that? Honestly I am fixing me for me, but I can see substance in some of what he's saying.

The mediator is an attorney. So maybe that's why?

D
D
Chewie,

It's kind of like how they say divorced people go wild after their "freedom." Just think along those lines.

Quote:
The mediator is an attorney. So maybe that's why?

That's a ton of money. Maybe if you factored in your own atty's cost, then yeah. But if it the 3500 is just for the mediator (maybe I misunderstood), then that's batshit crazy. If, and if, it took 8 hours, that's 438 an hour. Wow. What if it only took 1 or 2? Ridiculous money. Our mediator charged each of us $250. And that was for all day. And she was a retired judge/lawyer. Good grief.

010207 Offline OP
OP Offline
Sorry, I missed the last part. Right now I have an SR22. And typical of 22's, I occasionally have problems that he fixes for me. I want an MP Shield but I don't see that in my budget for a while.

D
D
Sorry, I missed the last part. Right now I have an SR22. And typical of 22's, I occasionally have problems that he fixes for me. I want an MP Shield but I don't see that in my budget for a while.

Nice. Never have shot one, though. Is that M&P a 9? Looks like a good gun, but no experience. I would like to get another HK 45 that was stolen. Awesome gun. Love it almost as much at my 1911.

F
F
I can only fix so much.

You sound like a great Mom and a partner. When I encourage you to be a great person only a fool would leave, I don't mean conform to your H's warped views. I mean be great in the way you want to be.

It sounds to me like your H had a difficult, if not emotionally traumatic, upbringing; what with the mother being obsessed with having a sterile house. That kind of extreme obsession is likely to translate into a lack of emotional warmth for the kids in the house, and volatility.

Me: 50, MLC/WW 45
Young kids
Nov 2015: BD1
Apr 2016: BD2
Jan 2017: W filed
Feb 2017: D final
F
F
You know the librarian fantasy?
... and the girl/man next door...

That's what's real. That's real life. All of the other stuff is teenage (and mid-life crisis) fantasy.

Me: 50, MLC/WW 45
Young kids
Nov 2015: BD1
Apr 2016: BD2
Jan 2017: W filed
Feb 2017: D final
D
D
Quote:
It sounds to me like your H had a difficult, if not emotionally traumatic, upbringing; what with the mother being obsessed with having a sterile house. That kind of extreme obsession is likely to translate into a lack of emotional warmth for the kids in the house, and volatility.

I read that, too. Seems that a lot of our ex's and all suffer from a less than stellar childhood.

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard