Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Mine must be in that 30% then, cause there isn't a chance in Hades of that ever happening. She's done. Funny thing is, I most likely would have said lets give it a whirl again.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
S
S
Yes that could very well be. From what I understand this is taken years after the D.

Love is a decision. Genuine love is honor put into action, regardless of the cost.

Me:43 W:41
M:21
SS:25 S:19 D:18
BD1:3/16 BD2:10/16
W moves out 10/2/16
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
That may be. I guess only time will tell.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Something that's been on my mind lately:

Vacations after divorce. As I have mentioned before, there is a place that we used to go every Veteran's Day. I'd like to go back in the next couple of years with the kids as it is one of our favorites (my absolute favorite). The thing is, it would be strange without the ex being there, as we went ever since we were dating. I'm not sure how it would affect me. The kids, it won't, but me, well I'm not sure.

Have any of you ever done that? Does it bring back memories?

S
S
Everything will bring back memories for the rest of your life. It is more important how emotionally detached you are. If you get to a point that little things are not bothering you like they use to then move on the the big things.

Love is a decision. Genuine love is honor put into action, regardless of the cost.

Me:43 W:41
M:21
SS:25 S:19 D:18
BD1:3/16 BD2:10/16
W moves out 10/2/16
Completely agree with Seeker. I'd like to believe given enough time the memories won't haunt us anymore

M:41 H:43
T:26yrs M:19 yrs
S:15 D1:14 D2:9
Living together but separated
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Quote:

Everything will bring back memories for the rest of your life. It is more important how emotionally detached you are. If you get to a point that little things are not bothering you like they use to then move on the the big things.

True, true. I'm past the point where little things don't set me off any more. I'd like to say that I'm OK to ride off into the sunset and be done with her. Maybe I am. But I have found that I no longer linger anymore.

D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hi Chewie!

Quote:
I'd like to believe given enough time the memories won't haunt us anymore

You know, for the longest time the memories would haunt me to no end. And it would be the little things that set it off. I'd like to say that my journey through the forest and subsequent exit has allowed that ghost to leave. In some aspect, it has. But, the ghost will always be there I believe.

I hope that I can do another vacation back there. I'm going to be honest, I took the kids on a mini-vacation at the end of summer - sort of a back to school thing. Just us. We stayed in a hotel, went to the zoo, and then drove a bit to our favorite aircraft carrier. We had a good, no make that great, time. It was odd without the ex, but I didn't miss her not being there. The kids didn't really talk about her, either...just a little here and there.

See, you've done it once, you can do it again. Will it be the same? Nope. Maybe it will be better. Life is fluid, move with it.

M:41 H:43
T:26yrs M:19 yrs
S:15 D1:14 D2:9
Living together but separated
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Chewie,

Seems like you are in good spirits!

I agree, life is fluid...but with the occasional rock in the way. I'd like to think it would be a better visit. Maybe it will, who knows.

This whole thing just stinks.

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard