Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By: doodler
Jeep,

Before we separated, my wife suggested the friend thing. I've forgotten exactly what I said, but I think it was something like, "F**k that noise!" Apparently that worked.

Bahahahahah

I like your way of thinking! Maybe I need to tell her that!

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
D
D
Originally Posted By: Jeep74
I like your way of thinking! Maybe I need to tell her that!

Jeep,

I don't know if that was good or bad. After I grew a pair, apparently I enjoyed the tough-guy routine (that was a 180 for sure). I'd make short speeches, similar to things Samuel L. Jackson says in his movies, "I will reign-down on you with a firestorm that would make Satan cringe..." It wasn't until then that I realized bullies get a lot of positive reinforcement from bullying. Those were the days.

D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Quote:
don't know if that was good or bad. After I grew a pair, apparently I enjoyed the tough-guy routine

HAHA. What was her reaction to that?

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
D
D
HAHA. What was her reaction to that?

Jeep,

She believed what I said, and with good reason, I meant everything I said. After I told her to move out, she called me and told me it'd take awhile to get movers to come to the house so she could move. I told her to pick up the phone call the movers and get out. Timid doodler was riding the wave.

To be clear though, I'm the same nice I've always been, but I won't allow myself to be used as a doormat. By the way, the OM doesn't come near my sons; for some reason he thinks I'll break his neck. Strange.

D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Doodler,

Quote:
She believed what I said, and with good reason, I meant everything I said. After I told her to move out, she called me and told me it'd take awhile to get movers to come to the house so she could move. I told her to pick up the phone call the movers and get out. Timid doodler was riding the wave.

For the longest time I thought that if I lived with the "friendly" routine it would make a difference. However, it did not. Not in the least. I wouldn't call myself timid by any stretch, but with the ex I guess I was for some reason. Not sure why.

Quote:
To be clear though, I'm the same nice I've always been, but I won't allow myself to be used as a doormat. By the way, the OM doesn't come near my sons; for some reason he thinks I'll break his neck. Strange.

Same here. I told the OM that I'd break his legs. And he knew that I would have done it.

D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
By the way, Doodler, you have more willpower than I do.

G
G
Originally Posted By: doodler
Jeep,

Before we separated, my wife suggested the friend thing. I've forgotten exactly what I said, but I think it was something like, "F**k that noise!" Apparently that worked.

Doodler--you are a legend!

Gordie 40s W 40s M20+ kids
2016 BD W fantasy affair w OM1 I do everything wrong
2017 I start to DB W says TLTL files for D PA w OM2
2018 I do LRT W drops filing and OM2 situation slowly improving
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Quote:

Doodler--you are a legend!

^ What he said

D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Just some thoughts.

They say it's the hidden land mines that you really have to watch out for. Sadly, I've come to the conclusion that is true. In our situations, more often than not the issues come from the out of sight things that we don't even know are there. Sure, there are glaring problems - and if we can't see those huge flashing radar blips, then that is on us. But, I'm talking about the land mines that have been strewn and covered very, very well.

Some of the threads have really gotten me to thinking about the demise of a marriage, especially when one (the LBS) thinks things are running smoothly and there aren't any problems. Mine is the perfect example, but not typical due to the issues she had. But still, some lessons can be learned - especially on my end.

What causes a spouse to decide to call it quits when things are apparently running smoothly? Let me ask ya'll this - are relationships healthier with an occasional fight, or are ones where fights don't occur healthier? I ask because in my marriage there was never a fight. Not one. My ex mentioned something only once and kept things bottled up, which as we all know is unhealthy, but then again she wasn't exactly the poster child of good mental health.

Personally, I think a fight is healthy - as long as it is a mature argument and doesn't include any violence or something like that. Maybe argument is a better choice of word for those that need more subtle language. I remember my ex saying that her grandparents (she put their marriage on a pedestal and tried to compare ours) never argued or the like and that there was never anything wrong - something that I found out to be a complete falsehood, but the ex totally believed it. Seems that she had this fantasy of what a marriage should be - one that started in childhood as a safe space - even though real marriages are nothing like the one she dreamed up.

I recall my IC (who was also our MC) saying that because of this fairy tale scenario of hers, she associated some of my things with being abusive, even though they weren't in any form. I can't remember the word the IC used, but she was associating my/our "problems" with abuse on some level - maybe because it wasn't as perfect in her book and she was looking for an excuse to run as she has always done.

Maybe some questions are better left unanswered and maybe some never will be answered. Sometimes true closure never happens...

P
P

Some of the threads have really gotten me to thinking about the demise of a marriage, especially when one (the LBS) thinks things are running smoothly and there aren't any problems. Mine is the perfect example, but not typical due to the issues she had. But still, some lessons can be learned - especially on my end.

What causes a spouse to decide to call it quits when things are apparently running smoothly? Let me ask ya'll this - are relationships healthier with an occasional fight, or are ones where fights don't occur healthier? I ask because in my marriage there was never a fight. Not one. My ex mentioned something only once and kept things bottled up, which as we all know is unhealthy, but then again she wasn't exactly the poster child of good mental health.

Personally, I think a fight is healthy - as long as it is a mature argument and doesn't include any violence or something like that. Maybe argument is a better choice of word for those that need more subtle language. I remember my ex saying that her grandparents (she put their marriage on a pedestal and tried to compare ours) never argued or the like and that there was never anything wrong - something that I found out to be a complete falsehood, but the ex totally believed it. Seems that she had this fantasy of what a marriage should be - one that started in childhood as a safe space - even though real marriages are nothing like the one she dreamed up.

I recall my IC (who was also our MC) saying that because of this fairy tale scenario of hers, she associated some of my things with being abusive, even though they weren't in any form. I can't remember the word the IC used, but she was associating my/our "problems" with abuse on some level - maybe because it wasn't as perfect in her book and she was looking for an excuse to run as she has always done.

Jeep you are owning the boards lately! Keep the posting up. I think I agree. A fight is healthy now and again. WW and I never fought and look where that got us. Keeping stuff bottled up is a terrible course to take.

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard