Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
M
M
"Are we nearly at "piecing" if he's stopped talking about splitting up and more about how we get through this mess together? "

No.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
O
Origina Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Life has a funny way of showing me things sometimes.

I wrote that yesterday and then this morning when he left for work I actually felt chilled out which would have shown to him and hopefully been more positive in his mind.
I have tried not to be needy but I do hate mornings when he leaves if he's not mentioned what we're doing that night.

Me (40) partner (male 37)
Both divorced previously
Together 4 years
Bomb from him- Nov
Kicked him out- mid Dec
Confusion ever since

M
M
"I have tried not to be needy but I do hate mornings when he leaves if he's not mentioned what we're doing that night."

Rather than waiting for him to talk, you can start the conversation by just asking friendly questions without expecting answers. Just a "how was your day"? is a good start.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
O
Origina Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Thank you x

Mad how even the simplest of things can seem hard

I don't know if I've done the right thing but I've posted an update in a new atopic on here

Both divorced previously
Together 4 years
Bomb from him- Nov
Kicked him out- mid Dec
Confusion ever since

C
C
Originally Posted By: Origina
I don't know if I've done the right thing but I've posted an update in a new atopic on here

This thread actually now has 74 posts, you can see it on the forum page.

We like you to go to 100 before starting a new thread.
Although you are close enough now to use that thread.

Me-70, D37,S36
O
Origina Offline OP
OP Offline
O
My update post didn't appear. I don't know what I've done wrong but I'll continue here

Both divorced previously
Together 4 years
Bomb from him- Nov
Kicked him out- mid Dec
Confusion ever since

O
Origina Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Things that are going well...
He's choosing to be here with me more than not approx 6 out of 7 day/nights (although he always wants to be here when I'm alone (my kids with their dad -approx 2 nights per week) which bothers me a bit
do I see it as just a positive but is this because he wants to make sure I'm only his (I'd never have an affair)

He's making plans with me off his own back- nights out, getting our kids together (we have 2 each not together from previous relationship), day trips together, nights away, possible mini break...

he's talking about our relationship and the problem that caused it mostly without falling out even to the point where he makes jokes about some of it

If we have a disagreement (I try not to of course) he says he'd rather have raised voices/arguments and be trying than no raised voices/ arguments and not trying

He's starting to tell more people (family and work colleagues who know about the split) about more and more times he's spending with me

He texts me everyday (always first) and always asking something so I have to respond

He texts me more than once a day

He phones me and he phones me when previously (during bad times) he might have text for easiest

He wants to be physically close, touching, kissing, stroking, sitting on sofa together and out in public (although we haven't seen anyone from his family while we're being affectionate)

He stares at me sometimes (he used to do this while we were dating) a bit like not passing wind (he's awful for passing wind - seems to be at it constantly- but he's been holding it in (thankfully) just like the first few months of dating....)

Sex has always been great and plentiful but he's going he extra mile lately to make sure foreplay is on top form (tmi??)

He wants me to sleep on his chest when we go to bed (like usual) and during the night when I turn over he either turns with me or rests his hand on my hip

He tells me (and texts me) that he loves me without anything/ pressure / prompts from me

Both divorced previously
Together 4 years
Bomb from him- Nov
Kicked him out- mid Dec
Confusion ever since

O
Origina Offline OP
OP Offline
O
My book has arrived and I've read it.

I need to set targets now

Both divorced previously
Together 4 years
Bomb from him- Nov
Kicked him out- mid Dec
Confusion ever since

M
M
You read the Whole book already?

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
O
Origina Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Yep- I gave my time to it instead of doing readings for my Masters degree. Although my heads so messed up I will have to revisit it as I think I have depression/ anxiety issues and remembering things is a little hard sometimes so please bear with me.

Both divorced previously
Together 4 years
Bomb from him- Nov
Kicked him out- mid Dec
Confusion ever since

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard