Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
V
V
Originally Posted By: Jeep74
grin

I was trying something out and hit submit by accident

Story of my life.....

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hi Vanilla! Thanks for stopping by!

Story of my life, too...

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
T
T
Airfare is cheap, Jeep.

If you're D'd, and know you're still healing, that doesn't mean you can't spend some time with someone. Sometimes not having expectations, and just enjoying yourself, you make reflective discoveries. Just realize there is a chance to get singed by the Harley fire, if you choose to get too close.

Know your weaknesses, work on them, show people your emotional maturity and growth. You'll be surprised how many people light up that you have that knowledge now. So many people drift through life with a kiddie-pool level of emotional maturity. You've waded into some deep water now, and know how to swim (do you???). Maybe keep the water wings on for a while... either way, it took be a bit of courage, but after 6 months, I'm dating. Second date tonight - she's from my church. And she has baggage - and carries it well. So, into the water I go...

M46, EXWW46
M15 T17
D20, S19, D13
M - Addiction since 1998
W EA/PA #1 2013/2014
W EA #2 June 2015...
BD 1 Big D talk 9/15
BD 2 - EA/PA disc 10/30/15
Served D 1/22/16
Divorced 5/25/16 (yes, that fast!)
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hi Trumpet! Thanks for stopping by!

I know airfare is pretty cheap, but for me it's a matter of having time. I pretty much have close to full custody and she only has them every other weekend. So, that gives me little to no time and I don't have anyone to keep them... Maybe that's a good thing for me.

Ah, the Harley Quinn fire. That has the distinct possibility of some burns... I like the no expectations statement of yours...while I may be able to do that for a time or two, I'm not sure Harley could. That's why I said not right now to her.

I hope the water's warm, my friend...

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Quote:
HARLEY

I gave in and a visit was had.

D
D
Originally Posted By: Jeep74
Quote:
HARLEY

I gave in and a visit was had.

Jeep,

Dude! You made my day. I'm walking on air. The vicarious pleasure is hard to describe. Good for you!!!

D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I will fill in tomorrow...

D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Maybe I should change this thread title to the Harley Quinn files grin

I don't even know where to begin. We had quite a few conversations on the phone and she asked several times and I finally agreed. She came this past weekend, Thursday actually. I took the day off and met her at the airport. Man you should have seen her - didn't look like she had changed a bit and just as beautiful as ever. It was an odd moment cause she just stood there for what seemed like eternity and the next thing you know, she slapped the sh*t out of me. I guess I had it coming. She steeped back with tears in her eyes and then laid one on me for the ages. Wow. Just wow. I was not expecting that.

We went to one of old favorite places by the river and just talked. For hours. I explained things - how I didn't have much in me now. She was cool with that. She knew my situation and understood. We talked about old times, kids, just about everything under the sun. She said she came because she wanted to see and that was it. I guess we needed it to answer unanswered questions. Before I knew it, it was time to leave. I had to pick the kids up so I took her to her hotel.

The ex picked the kids up Friday for her weekend. After that, I picked up Harley and we headed out for a very nice dinner. I guess it was a date. It was funny because it was teenager-like awkward at first but turned out very well. After dinner we went to the local chocolate bar for dessert. I don't know how long it's been since I've had such a nice night. The bummer part was the weather so we weren't able to walk around downtown area and just ended up getting drinks instead. One thing led to another and what I thought was just a friendly get together turned into a whole 'nother thing. Eventually we came back o the house and stayed up all night.

Saturday was much the same. Made breakfast and drove a couple of hours to one of our favorite cities and visited the old plantations, shopped in the old city market, etc. we didn't get back until fairly late so she just stayed at my place again. And yes, the Harley outfit made an appearance later that night.

I must say that I was surprised at how easily things happened and progressed. All in all, it was a great weekend with a lot of questions answered. And yes, she left the door open for me. Maybe it's good that she lives in California because it sure would be complicated if she were closer. What a weekend. I needed that.

D
D
Jeep,

It's just like a scene out of a movie. I love a good romance.

Many thanks!

D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Not so sure about a scene out of a movie... Haha.

We had a great time. Have you ever heard people say it's just like where you left off? It was sorta like that. Harley is a great woman, but like me, she changed over time. Maybe she grew up, so to speak. Lord knows I did. She seemed to have mellowed a bit...I guess being a mom does that to some.

After she left to fly back to Cali I think I stayed up all night just thinking. With everything happening to me now, Harley slid in at just the right - and maybe wrong - time. There was more than a spark there, I guess. I found myself going down that path of wondering and also kicking myself for not giving her the chance back then that she deserved.

What will the future hold? I don't know, but for that one weekend it was the right time. I can't move out there. Maybe I'll fly out this summer. Who knows.

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard