Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Quote:
Catfish means when someone presents themselves as someone online that they are not. (Using someone else's photo, or a picture of themselves from 20 years ago, pretending to live near you when they're hundreds of miles away, pretending to be a woman when they're a man, etc.) Which is a good reason to move to the coffee date fairly quickly if someone seems interesting - it will weed out the catfishers quickly.

D@mn. Just d@mn. Guess I have been out of the loop!

G
G
My last POF date certainly didn't catfish me. He came right out and told me he just left the priest hood......

I'm glad you were honest with Harley Quinn.

You should watch Catfish on MTV

D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Quote:
My last POF date certainly didn't catfish me. He came right out and told me he just left the priest hood......

Well, at least you knew where that one was going...

Quote:
I'm glad you were honest with Harley Quinn.

Thanks. Me too. At the end of the day, it was the right thing to do. Whether it will/won't be rescheduled is to be determined.

Quote:
You should watch Catfish on MTV

Haha. Maybe. What part of the country are you in, Ginger?

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Well, Doodler, had a little conversation with Harley last night. Seems that she picks the craziest times to call.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
D
D
I meant to comment on your thread yesterday then got busy at work and never got back on here, but I see that lots of people have weighed in on the when to start dating question.

My D was final 2 years ago last Sat. and I still have not had a date. It took me a year to even want to think about dating. I needed that time to myself. And, in the past year, I have been really ready to date, but just haven't really met anyone who fits the bill. I have a very close male friend that I spend a lot of time with, but we are truly just friends.

I think it is probably a different time frame for everyone. Some date immediately, some wait years. I really think, though divorce is tough on everyone, we all handle it in our time/way. As far as introducing kids to new partners, well, my kids were adults when my XH and I D'ed, so I didn't have to go through that, thankfully!!! I think adding young kids to the mix would make the whole thing much harder.

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
D
D
Originally Posted By: Jeep74
Well, Doodler, had a little conversation with Harley last night. Seems that she picks the craziest times to call.

Yes! I'm all ears. smile

D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hi, Dawn! Thanks for stopping in!

Quote:
My D was final 2 years ago last Sat. and I still have not had a date. It took me a year to even want to think about dating. I needed that time to myself. And, in the past year, I have been really ready to date, but just haven't really met anyone who fits the bill. I have a very close male friend that I spend a lot of time with, but we are truly just friends.

That time frame doesn't seem far-fetched for me, but who knows. I've had offers, just never accepted.

Quote:
I think it is probably a different time frame for everyone. Some date immediately, some wait years. I really think, though divorce is tough on everyone, we all handle it in our time/way. As far as introducing kids to new partners, well, my kids were adults when my XH and I D'ed, so I didn't have to go through that, thankfully!!! I think adding young kids to the mix would make the whole thing much harder.

I agree. I'm definitely not on the look yet, but its coming. We will see. I won't introduce anyone to the kids...maybe never.

D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Quote:
Yes! I'm all ears.

It actually was a nice conversation. She was in a reminiscing sort of mood and ended up talking about a trip we had taken. Annnnndddd, she had put up a Harley Quinn photo (the comic version) on her FB page so naturally I had to as about that...which led to that conversation...which led to her putting the outfit on and sending a pic. Holy smokes is all I'm going to say.

D
D
Originally Posted By: Jeep74
Holy smokes is all I'm going to say.

An early Christmas gift! Now I'm all giddy and excited...

You've got to know that she's yours if you want her. What are your fears and trepidations about her?

D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Quote:
You've got to know that she's yours if you want her. What are your fears and trepidations about her?

I don't know if I even know how to explain it, Doodler. First, she lives in CA and I'm across the country. I'm not going to move because I can't, and she lives near her family.
And then someone suggested that she may have "issues." Not quite sure I want to deal with any more issues after my ex, but won't rule anything out. And then there's the fact that I'm just not ready to jump back in yet. Who knows.

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard