Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#2722153 12/21/16 06:21 AM
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hello all, I've been busy in the other forum but want to branch out since my divorce has been done for a few months now.

How long after ya'lls divorces did you think about entering the dating world again? I've been reading Doodler's thread on dating disasters and have gotten a good laugh out of it. I've been out of the dating game for so long that I'm not even sure anymore! I've thought of doing as he did and getting on Tinder, although that's more of a hookup site and not a real dating one... Still though, a body has needs.

Some of you are aware of my Harley Quinn story, so maybe I'll touch on that a time or two. I finally told her that I wasn't quite ready to go down that road and that I wanted to be upfront with her and didn't want to hurt her again. I was prepared for a spew like no other, but she really understood and was actually kind of glad that I was upfront as I didn't want to hurt her. Comms continue with her.

I am hesitant about getting back into the dating world again. After all, it was almost 10 years with my ex. Although she seems to have no problem doing it on her end, I still have a road block. Now don't get me wrong, I've been propositioned by several nice (maybe nice isn't quite the word), younger women who've offered to help through my time of need.

However, I'm just not sure I'm ready to enter the market again. I'm quite content working on my hobbies or the yard or heck, just watching TV.

One thing is for certain, I am very, very wary of bringing anyone around my kids - no, make that I won't bring anyone around them for a long time, at least. How did ya'll handle that?

Any advice for the sort of new single guy?

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I have tried to download Tinder, but the d@mn thing wants to link my FB account as the only sign-in option and I do NOT want it to be found by my ex. Any ideas?

S
S
Hi Jeep. You'll get a variety of answers to the when to date question and I'm not advocating any one answer. I'll just tell you what I did. I waited a year after Mr P moved out to date. At that point our D was in the works but not final. I was very up front with every guy I went out with to tell them it wasn't final. None of them cared. That timing was right for me.

As far as the kids, I've never introduced any guy to them. They know I date (well, I don't right now) but that's it. I'd have to feel very stable in a relationship to let that happen.

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
S
S
Just saw your second post. I don't do Tinder so I'm no help there. But what jumped out at me is that if you are hiding it from your X, maybe you aren't ready to date?

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Quote:
Just saw your second post. I don't do Tinder so I'm no help there. But what jumped out at me is that if you are hiding it from your X, maybe you aren't ready to date?

It's not so much as hiding it from her, as the fact that she'd find some way to try to use it against me. Vindictive, that one is.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
D
D
The crowd is shouting...

HARLEY! HARLEY! HARLEY! HARLEY! HARLEY! HARLEY! HARLEY!

I saw Suicide Squad with my sons. I think I fell in love with Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie).

Any advice for a newly single guy? Nope! I'm still trying to figure it out. I'm still waiting on a fair maiden, with a large bowl of pasta, to drop from the heavens and declare her undying devotion to doodler. Actually, I kind-of want a mermaid Harley Quinn. Am I aiming too high?

D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Quote:
Hi Jeep. You'll get a variety of answers to the when to date question and I'm not advocating any one answer. I'll just tell you what I did. I waited a year after Mr P moved out to date. At that point our D was in the works but not final. I was very up front with every guy I went out with to tell them it wasn't final. None of them cared. That timing was right for me.

Thank you! I know I need to get out, not so much as finding someone but maybe in finding myself. Before I got married (and before the involvement with HQ), I dated quite regularly. Never had a problem there. Now? I'm not even sure I want to date.

Quote:
As far as the kids, I've never introduced any guy to them. They know I date (well, I don't right now) but that's it. I'd have to feel very stable in a relationship to let that happen.

My kids are 4 and 6. I know that some bring others around but I won't. Not for a long, long time.

D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Quote:
Suicide Squad with my sons. I think I fell in love with Harley Quinn

Oh, I know I am..

Quote:
HARLEY! HARLEY! HARLEY! HARLEY! HARLEY! HARLEY! HARLEY!

Ah, the Harley story.

I touched on how I came to call her Harley Quinn. Let's just say that it involved a lot of alcohol, her place, her adult Harley Quinn costume (including the hammer), and well...

Harley has a penchant for costumes. The Harley one is my favorite. Second is the St. Paulie's girl. A whole 'nother story.

Oh, did I mention that the ex absolutely hates Harley? I mean with a passion... And there is the message war between the two a couple of weeks ago.

Harley is/was a great woman. Not sure if that road will be traveled again, but dang.

D
D
Originally Posted By: Jeep74
Harley has a penchant for costumes. The Harley one is my favorite. Second is the St. Paulie's girl. A whole 'nother story.

Oh, did I mention that the ex absolutely hates Harley? I mean with a passion... And there is the message war between the two a couple of weeks ago.

Harley is/was a great woman. Not sure if that road will be traveled again, but dang.

Oh yeah! Don't stop now...

D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Now, don't go thinking that Harley is one of those costume people who live on the wilder side. Her costumes are functional for the most part, yet she does have quite the collection - the St. Paulie's Girl one was for a Halloween party we went to...I liked it so much it made several appearances afterwards.

You have to remember that when we were dating, she was 26 and not long out of Iraq. Anyway, great girl.

And then there is the message war. It's always nice to get a message from the ex saying "WTF did Harley (she has another name for HQ) message me?" Seems as if it just took off. The ex was none-too happy about that. I asked HQ to knock it off, which she did. I don't know the content...I was just concerned that Harley didn't try to lie and tell her that something was going on before the D was finalized.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard