Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
D
D
Quote:
I do feel like he should be given the benefit of the doubt until there is evidence that he is encouraging her attentions and not simply caught in a mess.

I can get behind that. Yes, maybe he should. But at that age, I did. More than once. Now, is this a career job? And is the young buck career minded and want to stay with the company? All relevant questions. And I may very well be wrong and will gladly admit it. But, I won't shut out the possibility of it not happening - because I've been there.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
D
D
Quote:
W also says she doesn't know if POM feels the same way, but W thinks POM does.

I'm sorry, but that statement suggests to me that something has or still is happening.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
D
D
Hit reply too fast - another thing to think about. Unless she has issues and is making stuff totally up (that's a possibility, I know), then for her to say that she isn't sure he feels the same way (love) suggests that something had to happen. If she made it up out of thin air to make him jealous or the like, then that needs to be dealt with, too. But that statement just doesn't sit right.

F
F
Originally Posted By: Jeep74
22 yr olds are still primarily after one thing... Happens way more than one thinks.

I guess we're all different but at that age ... if I had a hot 22 year old girlfriend ... and other possibilities in terms of 20-something chicks ... and if I had a 42 year old MOTHER-OF-FIVE BOSS come on to me at work ... I would not be day dreaming about when I can get into a closet with her.

What I picture is: standing around a bon fire drinking beers with buddies and telling them about it and just laughing my head off about how ridiculous and pathetic the whole situation is, saying, "Oh man, that poor Gordie, I like the guy, the poor bastard...." But that's just me.

Don't get me wrong, I love my current age and I love getting old. I love my middle aged wife, with her middle aged body, her wrinkles, everything. But 22 was a long time ago and, back when I was 22, the 40's felt like the Pleistocene.

Me: 50, MLC/WW 45
Young kids
Nov 2015: BD1
Apr 2016: BD2
Jan 2017: W filed
Feb 2017: D final
D
D
Oh, I agree. But 40+s can still be hot. Yeah, I'd rather have a 20 something back then, but I wouldn't (and didn't turn a 40+ or two down).

You've never hooked up with someone you never told anyone about? Never?

D
D
Was no daydreaming, just getting laid...

F
F
Originally Posted By: Gordie
After a few weeks confessed that she was in love with the POM. ... W also says she doesn't know if POM feels the same way, but W thinks POM does.

Gordie. I lived this. Yes, I'm only one data point, so take that for what it's worth.

But I have no doubt this is ALL in your W's head. She's totally intoxicated.

But it doesn't change the fact that she is craving the intoxication. You can take away the 22 year old employee, but the need for the intoxication will be there.

Me: 50, MLC/WW 45
Young kids
Nov 2015: BD1
Apr 2016: BD2
Jan 2017: W filed
Feb 2017: D final
R
R
Hit reply too fast - another thing to think about. Unless she has issues and is making stuff totally up (that's a possibility, I know), then for her to say that she isn't sure he feels the same way (love) suggests that something had to happen. If she made it up out of thin air to make him jealous or the like, then that needs to be dealt with, too. But that statement just doesn't sit right.

I think they have a friendly working relationship, and it has turned into something else for her. Her emotions are involved, but there is no reason his emotions (or hormones) have to be.

It is entirely possible for this to happen without the other person having done anything improper.

Me: 44
H: 44
Kids: 20, 16, 16, and 10
Together/Married: 22 years
H announced he was emotionally detached and considering D: 4/4/16
H announced he is going to try to stay and reconnect: 5/1/16
V
V
I feel like that about Liam........

No idea how he feels!

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

V
V
Originally Posted By: Rose888
Quote:
Yes but not the seriousness.

I think he wants to show how close to his gf he is, and be very public about it.

There is only one way to find out isn't there?

I'm not sure, but I think the gf thing is being flaunted to throw him - or anyone else- off the scent. She knows that the Gordie knows, so as when any time an affair is confronted without solid proof, they go underground. Hence the camouflage.

What's your evidence for this?

There doesn't seem to be any evidence that the 22-year-old POM has any interest in Gordie's wife.

Agreed. However it isn't if he is interested in a happy ever after, but if he knows that WW feels that way.

She told him I believe, either directly or indirectly.

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard