Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
A
A
One thing that was suggested to me was to read 5LL multiple times. I know that for me my answers to the quiz at the back changed as the loss of W became less raw. I'll probably read it for a third time in a month or so as I continue to heal.

You yearn for what you've lost but what you've lost might not be what you actually needed. Certainly true for me.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
C
Coly23 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I'll do that Andrew. At the moment I've lost my oomph and I don't seem to have much enthusiasm for reading books like DR and 5LL as I keep reading things I should have done or the way I should have behaved but it all seems too late now.

I just need to bite the bullet and read them both again. DR just to refresh my mind and 5LL to find out a bit about myself and H (just in case)....

Me - 47
H - 45
D-16
M - 6 years
Separated - May 16

Don't leave me behind can't you see me I'm shining... (Years & Years - 'Shine')
F
F
Originally Posted By: Coly23
H gave me a kiss (on the lips) and a hug and then another kiss (on the lips) and hug before I got into my car

What???

Woohoo!!!

Me: 50, MLC/WW 45
Young kids
Nov 2015: BD1
Apr 2016: BD2
Jan 2017: W filed
Feb 2017: D final
C
Coly23 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Hey Gump, how are you?

Do you think that's a good sign? IDK, I really want to say to him can we start again, no expectations, no pressure. I'm seeing him again for coffee this week and again I am going to ask him if we can just keep it to ourselves. Hopefully without the pressure of friends and family we can both relax a bit and just see where it goes.

Or maybe I am reading too much into it...

Me - 47
H - 45
D-16
M - 6 years
Separated - May 16

S
S
Hi Coly, I wouldn't have any of those convos with him. They are R talks. Truly, sit back and let him initiate anything like that. And if he does, validate. Other than that, act as though you are meeting a colleague/neighbour for an hour for coffee. And if you don't think you can manage that, postpone and suggest you leave it for this week and let him initiate a further meeting if he wants to..

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
C
Coly23 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Hey Sotto, no I won't speak to him about R stuff but I will ask him to keep our meeting to himself again though. I think it just make it easier if no one else knows in case they start interfering!

Me - 47
H - 45
D-16
M - 6 years
Separated - May 16

P
P
Coly

I agree with Sotto
Keep it simple..No R talks or anything that appears like pressure or control

look great ,upbeat and fun

They have to want it
and Ive heard it has to start as friendship a new friendship

I think pursuing in any way is a turn off for them
while
authenticity, happiness and confidence is attractive
hope the coffee goes well

married 14 years
H 42
bomb 2/07 IDLYA
D final 3 /09
M ow D ow
F
F
Don't know if it's a sign ... just sounds great in that moment ...

Wish you well

Me: 50, MLC/WW 45
Young kids
Nov 2015: BD1
Apr 2016: BD2
Jan 2017: W filed
Feb 2017: D final
C
Coly23 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thanks Peace. I guess I do want to be his friend but I'm worried that is all he will want and it isn't what I want. That's when the fear starts to get me and I start to panic.

It's such a delicate balancing act, I'm exhausted just thinking about it and I'm just constantly looking at the negative side of everything. My D said to me today that H talks about me a lot when they are out but she usually doesn't say anything to me because I don't see it as being positive! And that's from a 15 year old!

I need to start thinking positively otherwise this sitch is going to drag me down even deeper than I already am....

Me - 47
H - 45
D-16
M - 6 years
Separated - May 16

C
Coly23 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
No positivity here this morning. Feel like I've taken several steps back and I can't seem to drag myself back.

I know that I wouldn't be doing anything different if I wasn't standing but I think it's the not talking about it that's the hardest. It's the not knowing what's going on in their heads and where I stand.

Maybe I should call off meeting for coffee this week. I feel like I'm doing what I shouldn't be and that's picking up his breadcrumbs when I deserve the whole loaf. I feel so hopeless again. I'm trying so hard to move forward but I feel like their is a mountain in the way and I'm having to go around and it's taking such a long time. I jut don't want to do this anymore....

Me - 47
H - 45
D-16
M - 6 years
Separated - May 16

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard