Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
M
M
Originally Posted By: AndrewP
In my mind I was taking the shutters off and letting my light shine free as a "separated" guy both in my online and IRL interactions.

These were your words to me a few days ago:

I think the idea of "grand proclamation" grew a bit out of my intention and control in the words of commentators on my thread as well and I never bothered to address it until now and your thoughtful question. I'm not about to paint the side of W's work with a "cheating $#@ works here" or anything. I'm talking about the simple thing of changing my Facebook status and when people ask about W saying "oh - we're not together any more" and then saying "I'd rather not talk about it" when they press for details.

To me, changing your status to "separated as of BD1" seems like a "grand proclamation."

In my mind, removing your "relationship status" and unfollowing or even unfriending W (on FB, SC, etc) is a way to free yourself without needing to make an "announcement". People that are interested might see it, most others wont even notice. But for YOU it would be freeing, I think.

D
D
Originally Posted By: darknes
To me, changing your status to "separated as of BD1" seems like a "grand proclamation."

Seemed like that to me also.

Originally Posted By: darknes
In my mind, removing your "relationship status" and unfollowing or even unfriending W (on FB, SC, etc) is a way to free yourself without needing to make an "announcement". People that are interested might see it, most others wont even notice. But for YOU it would be freeing, I think.

This was my suggestion also.

And be honest with yourself, AndrewP, are you sure the "separated as of BD1" isn't for the flower shop girl?

Everybody hurts. It's part of life. Don't miss the good stuff.
S
S
I would agree with the status removal and unfollowing. Both seem like sensible steps to me...

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
D
D
The back-dating was to identify that I have had time to heal and that this isn't a fresh wound

Really?

smirk

Everybody hurts. It's part of life. Don't miss the good stuff.
E
E
Andrew

Quote:
eric was right (don't tell him I said that ). This is a difficult part. Not as nearly as painful as some of it but very difficult.

Once you have read as much as I have and seen just about anything – you’ll be right too. Although I was “right”, the spirit of my message was lost – at least that is my sense based on the posts on your thread since I last posted.

Allow me to explain:

In your earlier post you said this was about YOU alone (“This is about ME alone). You then went on to say that your primary goal is to reconcile with your W.

You then responded to another poster….
Quote:
This isn't about HER - it's about freeing ME

Then to Job…
Quote:
Facebook status was only part of it and perhaps clouded the larger picture. In my mind I was taking the shutters off and letting my light shine free as a "separated" guy both in my online and IRL interactions.

As I sit here I am left wondering…….

How does a facebook status update really work to achieve YOUR “primary goal”, which I thought was to save your M. I also think that as much as YOU may “feel” that this will FREE you – it really will NOT, at least IMO.

Here is what I think……

Andrew is getting tired of waiting around for his W and wants the world to know that he is free (especially flower girl). Andrew feels “stuck” and is lonely and really does not like that feeling.

Bottom line – IF YOU want to change your status, call it a day, proclaim to the world that you are free…err…single…GO RIGHT AHEAD. Just KNOW what YOUR true motivation is.

I hope….this brings you to YOUR “primary goal”, which maybe is more about healing and less about trying to get YOUR W back. Only you know.

"The difficulties of Life are intended to make us BETTER,not bitter".
"Fear is a prison, where you are the jailer. FREE YOURSELF!"
"Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B." - Jack3Beans
M
M
I was just thinking about all of this...what it was, where it was coming from, what I know about you....

Andrew, you are what, about 6-7 months from the bomb ??

Probably have those antsy feelings going on inside of you ?

Probably thinking that this isn't what you wanted, expected..?

Wasn't thinking that when you got here, that it would take this long, that she would be back by now...???

And since that hasn't happened, you are thinking that there is some grand gesture that you may be able to pull off, in order to make that happen...???

Because the other option, scares the crap out of you...???

The other option, is the new reality that you are facing. And you didn't want it, or expect it. It's not how you envisioned your life playing out.

What I see, from your words...

Is that you are still letting her define who you are as a Man, a person, a friend, Father....almost every facet of your life...

You are still very much so, afraid of what she will think if you do something she doesn't like...

You are still very much so afraid of what the people in your village will think of you, if you are separated, or even worse.........divorced

You are still looking over your shoulder for her approval in life....

Some news buddy...you got fired from your husband job, at least for now...

What you once had with her, is over and gone...

Because anything that you may have in the future, will be made of two entirely new people, inside at least...

What you are left with, is Andrew...

That is it.

When the lights dim, and the walls close in on you, you are left with you...

And that had better start being enough...

Because the part of you that it isn't enough for, is wounded still, and is in denial over his new reality...

And that wounded man is still making those decisions, and looking for approval from a Woman that fired him from his post...

Think about that for a while Andrew...

Because I , for one, do not want that for you...

M
M
Oh....

And also...delete her, don't delete her, unfriend, whatever the case...

Waaaayyyy too much focus here.

IF you can handle having her on your contacts, then leave her there...

IF every time you get a wild hair up your self, and start involving yourself through social media, then take whatever measures you see fit, and activate them so that you don't do it anymore...

Your circus, your clown....

Stop giving away your power....

A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
HELP?
We may be changing direction on the bike.

Sorry everyone. I promise I'll read back later and respond as appropriate.

I just unexpectedly encountered W at the store when I was picking up my mail and some cookies.

I didn't run and she didn't either. The transaction was completed and she wished me a good day.

I was wearing my wedding ring and she was not.

I stopped as I was leaving and asked "should we talk soon"? She said "yes".

Should I reach out to her via text and ask her when or just let it sit?

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
P
P
Just let it sit man... don't ruin a decent interaction.

job Offline
Andrew,

Do nothing! Allow her to come to you when she is ready.

Keep the focus on YOU!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard