Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
D
D
Originally Posted By: whatisis
Hey doodler, when a woman presents herself one way and then you find out she's another (whether it's duplicate profiles or in person)...run don't walk! I find that people show you who they are really fast in online dating and the trick is to accept it and move on...without guilting yourself! Someone once told me on here "when a woman tells you she's mean, believe her" I didn't and paid for it. Did you get the cap back at least?

whatisis,

Yep, I totally agree with you - run doodler run! Funny thing about the cap; in our conversations she'd hinted that she wanted a specific color cap (team colors). I was going to bring her a new cap on our first date. I'm glad I didn't buy a cap before I found the second profile.

G
G
funny enough, I really thought about the online deceit thing.

My natural hair is super curly. Most of my pics have my hair blown out straight. I make sure I include curly hair pic so I don't "deceive" anyone. I always include a full body pic.

As far as the 2 profiles..... do they both have activity? I'm pretty sure I have another Eharmony profile off in cyber space, but I signed this one up with another email address, because I have no idea what my login info was for the other one. So people may be coming across 2 profiles, I dunno. I do look the same though, from 5 years ago. Atleast I like to believe that.,

D
D
Ginger,

My xW had super curly hair. When it was long it was always all over the place. I loved her hair; all wild and curly. She hated her hair and would often have it cut very short. There's no moral to the story other than doodler is turned on by messy curly hair.

As far as profiles go, the fact that she had two profiles didn't really bother me. And, I think you have to put your best foot forward on the profiles, but you don't want to go so far as to be completely misleading.

My issue is that I'm in good shape, and for better or worse, extremely "fluffy" women turn me off. Apparently not all men feel that way, but I do and I'm sorry if that's shallow of me. When I found the second profile of the woman, it was clear that she was not my type; not just a little bit not my type, but really not my type. Again, that may be shallow of me, but that's how it is and I don't think it's going to change.

A
A
doodler - Don't look at it as being shallow. Just because you are fishing in the pond doesn't mean you can't practice catch and release until you get your whopper.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
G
G
I have messy long curly hair;)

I completely agree with you. You are attracted to what you attracted to. And it is a matter of lifestyle.

My first online date ever he had no body shots. Well, he was about 400lbs. He broke out into a sweat and turned white as a ghost out of no where at dinner. I had to ask him if he was ok, he looked that bad. He told me he never sees a doctor.......

I work out. I like to be active. Am I thin? No. I am strong and curvy. But the point is, I need someone who could at least keep up on a little hike or a walk on a beach, and not have a heart attack during dinner.

Not shallow at all.

I'm all about dad bod. A little belly that shows they still enjoy beer and wings, and a little bit of bicep that shows they attempt to work out:)

D
D
Originally Posted By: AndrewP
doodler - Don't look at it as being shallow. Just because you are fishing in the pond doesn't mean you can't practice catch and release until you get your whopper.

AndrewP,

You're an awesome wordsmith! That was funny.

D
D
Originally Posted By: Ginger1
I have messy long curly hair;)

Ginger,

You're going to kill me one day.

W
W
I have a friend who went out with this guy and when she met him she discovered that he was unemployed, lived in his Mom's basement and only had one leg. He failed to mention any of this previous to meeting...must have slipped his mind lol.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
D
DonH Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Oh you think so trumpet? I've actually met and hung out with the owner multiple times - liberal that she otherwise is. Even helped in tapping the cerimonial first keg. And I see they just changed the label colors.

As for doodler, yeah, now that's the online dating that I know - lies and multiple profiles. I should have figured as much when you first said you already had a date. I may be going through the dry spell of my life but I have not at all lowered my standards or settled - not that you have, I'm just commenting on me.

Time to buy my plane ticket to go find my wing woman, Ginger.

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
D
D
DonH,

Well, thanks to Vanilla's advice, I have another date set for Sunday afternoon (late lunch). And, of course, it's with a different woman. Hopefully the outcome will be better.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard