Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
C
C
Originally Posted By: RBG80
I would like to ask one further question...

As mentioned, even the week before we had such a happy week together. She said that she'd "gotten good at putting a face on things" which I understand, but I saw her smile and happy at times when there was no need to pretend or for any falseness.

Equally, just two days before, she was very adamant that we we're going to have sex (not that this was a hardship mind), but surely if you'd fallen out of love with someone you wouldn't chose to be physically intimate with that person would you?....

So because she put on a mask and seemed happy to you, you interpret that she was in fact happy inside.

You KNOW how she is feeling.

I think you don't know, again if she is depressed like you
how does that really feel?

How do you fix your own depression?

I think you need to stop focusing on how she feels and worry about yourself.

Me-70, D37,S36
D
D
Quote:
My Wife would spend hours on her phone on social media - anything to escape her own life, I guess. She has assured me that there is no-one else and I do believe her.

There's a 98.67% chance that she's having an online EA.

R
RBG80 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Cadet, my train of thought was that she seemed genuinely happy in the relationship - even to the point that she was telling me. She's very forward and I beleived that had she been that unhappy that she wouldn't even pretend...

...obvioulsy I'm wrong here, but when we've been together for that long, I thought I'd have picked up on that.

M - 36 / W - 32
S - 3
Together - 18 Yrs / Married - 10 Yrs
Bomb Dropped - 4th Sept 2016
Moved out - 4th Sept 2016
R
RBG80 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Doodler - My Wife used to use social media as an escape due to depression and would spend hours flitting between one site and another. This was a form of escapism due to her depression.

Whilst I'm not stupid enough to understand that this may be a possibility, it seems a little remiss of you to throw a statistic like that at an unknown situation.

What's your basis for such a statement?...

M - 36 / W - 32
S - 3
A
A
RBG80 - I would agree with you. My own W spent a huge amount of time online as an escape. I'm not sure that OM even has a computer.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
D
D
RBG80,

The statistic is bogus; it was a bit of my off-beat humour (see I used the British spelling). Sorry about the icky humour when you find yourself in this terrible situation. (Now you know why my wife divorced me.)

Based on anecdotal information from this forum, when wives do a quick turnabout, from loving you to despising you, there's almost always someone else involved. Usually, there's a lot of cognitive dissonance and they've convinced themselves, and will try to convince you, that there's nothing going on. "He's just a friend." That may not be the case with your wife, but if I had to bet my hard earned money, I'm going to go with the best odds.

How does that change things for you? Maybe not at all. Mostly, doodler needs to learn how to keep his mouth shut.

R
RBG80 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
No please don't "keep your mouth shut" Doodler. I fully appreciate that there may be someone else and it would crush me if that were the case.

I just wondered if there was any science behind the specifics of your stats...

She used escapism massively when her depression was at its worst and this contributed to her feeling low (as people on FaceBook, Twitter, etc only tend to post about how wonderful their lives are). I think that this just became a habit for her.

M - 36 / W - 32
S - 3
R
RBG80 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hey Andrew, it just such a bad position to be in because all I wanted was to spend time with my W and converse with her, but she was just transfixed.

M - 36 / W - 32
S - 3
R
RBG80 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I just feel so lost and down. Its as if my future has been stolen from me and I see no future for myself.

I've been with my W my entire adult life and have no way how to be on my own. Its just absolutely blind sided me.

Someone else has summed it up well on here - 4 weeks ago we were "happily married" celebrating my birthday with a show in London that she'd arranged for me, and now only weeks later I'm on a Divorce forum board trying to figure out what the hell has happened....

M - 36 / W - 32
S - 3
C
C
Originally Posted By: RBG80
I just wondered if there was any science behind the specifics of your stats...

Unfortunately - I would say yes.

Even if their is no other REAL human being their is almost always someone else.
That may be a person that is a fantasy but whats the difference?
I know that my ex worshipped romance novels and was in love with the men from those books.

Read Sandi's rules and start living them.

It is time to stop focusing on her and focus
on someone you can control.

YOU!

Me-70, D37,S36
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard