Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
S
Steve McQueen was way before your time.......but he was the coolest. Women wanted him, and men wanted to be like him.

There may be a man (or even fictional character) closer to your generation that you admire the way he presents himself as "cool" (especially with women). Someone who doesn't show desperation, co-dependency, a$$-kisser, etc. He oozes with self-confidence. He's not flashy, b/c he doesn't need that kind of attention. He doesn't run off at the mouth, and you know he is in charge of himself and his actions. He gets the job done. He doesn't go out of his way to be offensive, but it doesn't bother him if he doesn't please everyone..........b/c he's not a people pleaser. He doesn't put up with a woman's b.s., and he has no problem moving forward on his own.

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
P
P
I like the sounds of this guy!

T
Tyler12 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Your right trumpet. It is very hard not to get excited when she starts poking her head around. The snapchat thing was out of no where.

I left it and forgot about it until that night, unfortunately I had already put up some stuff of the kids on my story. So whatever.

Come to find out D12 has been taking to W by text recently too. And I'm not sure if I mentioned it but D 12 asked if we were ever getting back together. She replied she doesn't know there was a lot going on but that I am an amazing man and her go to when in trouble ( meaning the boys emergency 2 weeks ago). I really tried not to look at what she told D. I just could t resist anymore. Weakness....

I think between the confusion and exhaustion of last week my spinning was at a level it hadn't been at for awhile and I was freaking out. I did resist pursue ing I tried to be Steve McQueen. Haha.

This weekend will be good with just the kids. Tomorrow will be interesting seeing her to exchange boys and I am looking forward to relaxing a bit next week and trying to get away for the week end maybe. Any distraction is quiet welcome right now.

Anyways. Back to biting the energy off these offspring

The person that you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so make yourself as interesting as possible.
T
Tyler12 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
So met with W today to exchange boys. I had all 4 of the kids and it's a weekend where they all go. Older 2 kids mom could t leave until later so W suggested we meet for supper. With all 4 kids.

I got there about 30 minutes before her and we were eating when she got there ( she left late...). And though conversation was pleasant enough there was nothing really. She seemed to follow a bit as I moved stuff over to her car.

I was hoping I might get a hug or a discreet touch of the arm. All I got was a comment on my facial hair and shoes. And not positive ones. She has always hated mustaches and mine is growing in a bit.

On another note she and D 12 have asked if one weekend D12 could go to her place for a girls weekend while I have the boys.

I am not sure what to do with that. I don't have a problem with it, I don't want her getting her needs met by it tho. Yet I can also remind her what she is missing out on.

The lack of anything today has me deflated. I did play it cool tho In my view. Acted like it was another day. Said that's nice I like my shoes and hey are comfy when she disapproved of them.

Now for a week of me and the puppy. Back to real life. I'm really trying not to feel sorry for myself and get past it. Just seems tough right now.

The person that you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so make yourself as interesting as possible.
T
Tyler12 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Got a couple snapchats from Ex yesterday. 2 were selfie and another was a song we both like.

I replied to 2 snaps. I wasn't sure what to do... I don't know if it was only me that she sent them to or not so I was hesitant to reply. Other than that. Nothing.

As for me. I had a decent night, took the dog for a long walk, talked to D12 for a bit. And sat and just chilled with a movie and some snacks.

Lately I have felt the urge to start working out a bit again. Just to tighten up. Sit-ups, push ups, planking and some yoga I'm thinking.

Possibly made some plans for the weekend to get a group together and go out. Get away for some time away from the house and be social.

Volleyball should be starting up soon too. So I'm excited to have a night to get out again. I have been good to play ultimate frisbee when I can Sunday nights. Just been hard to make them all with kid schedule.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

T
Tyler12 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Finding the hardest part is to not initiate conversation with Ex. However she does initiate in her own time and it's more than I ever had before

Unfortunately Patience is not one of my virtues however I realize that patients and except whatever happens is going to be what I need I know I have time it's the patients that's killing me

T
T
Tyler,

Steve McQueen didn't need no stink'in women.

Be the Don Equis guy - 'THE MOST INTERESTING MAN IN THE WORLD'
Women faun to him. He could pick and choose his conquest for the night - if he wanted, which he was usually too busy to do. Like snorkeling the great barrier reef with the Dali Lama, or skiing down K2 with his trusty sherpa guides, as he has done dozens of time... you get my drift?

I think, as I'm trying to learn after D, that feelings take a while to dissipate, and they do cycle. Your hope went thru the roof. Push it back down, captain cool.

How to convince yourself, or work towards not needing her, is your goal. The best advice I've gotten is to work on what you've always wanted to do for yourself, and of course the hurt in your heart will still be there. But at least you'll have something to talk about with the other ladies, as they start to follow the laws of attraction, and want to hit on you! HA HA HA.

When you find the magic pill to take, let me know where I can buy some. still looking. smile

M46, EXWW46
M15 T17
D20, S19, D13
M - Addiction since 1998
W EA/PA #1 2013/2014
W EA #2 June 2015...
BD 1 Big D talk 9/15
BD 2 - EA/PA disc 10/30/15
Served D 1/22/16
Divorced 5/25/16 (yes, that fast!)
S
S
Quote:
I was hoping I might get a hug or a discreet touch of the arm.

Why?

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
T
Tyler12 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I have been playing it cool, not jumping at any interactions or reaching out except about the boys.

She is increasingly friendly and very discreetly flirty. And she is welcome to that. I am really trying not to read into it as it very well could be nothing.

I was hoping for a touch Sandi because I wanted that high again. To know she was thinking about me maybe.

T
Tyler12 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Wow. Been so long since I wrote on here and looking back It's hard to believe half of the things I put up with and or wanted to fix.

Thank you everyone who was so patient with me and offered help even after it was apparent I wasn't listening. Haha

I am still separated from W tho we are still not divorced yet and she never says anything about it. I have zero fear of it coming and to be honest it is on my to do list for when I finish school. As nice as it would be o have it all behind me, it is secondary in my life right now. Finishing my trade and being awesome is number one.

I'll be around to check in on old friends and hopefully make some new ones along the way. Anyone new that is reading this, please do your best and work on yourself, life gets better regardless of the outcome. The people here are here to help and although it's hard to hear/listen to advice, do your best to listen.

Cheers!

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard