Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
M
M
So besides being nicer, what has she been doing for you?

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
P
pinn Offline OP
OP Offline
P
well... I think she has been doing some stuff.. particularly lately. Maybe it is small, but I feel like it is in the right direction. Some of this stuff may seem silly but here goes.

- With the drama with the felon, she went right to the police. I didn't say a word about going there.
- She offered to get a restraining order on felon not because she actually feels unsafe but because her registered address is still our house so it would have been a level of protection for me.
- she gave a remorseful apology (highlighted a few pages back)
- she surprised me at my race (she lives 30 min away)
- she has been making trips up here more now instead of meeting somewhere, which is a lot easier for me and I have no interest in going to her apartment. She sometimes brings little gifts as well.

I am not saying everything is all peaches but I feel like we are on the verge of something. But I need to really think about what I want. We really need to have an R talk soon, it is time.

S
S
Hey Pinn,
I like to run too! Got some 10 and 20's coming up. Your sitch sounds hopeful and I really wish you well. You have been really strong so far. You've had plenty of good advice, trust your instincts as you know what to do. Good luck.

Me:48
W:45
S:15
M:17
T: 25
Separated: Oct 2015
P
pinn Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Nice scrant! I hurt myself in a half at the end of the july and am just getting back now. I wanted to run a full marathon in october but am now trying to train quickly for a half since I got hurt. I'll do the full next year I guess.

P
P
Happy Sunday, Pinn! That was nice of ww to show up at your race. I bet it feels nice to feel supported!

I hope there haven't been any other issues with felon. I'm glad you are able to continue on your path. Good luck if/ when you have that talk! I'm rooting for you.

Me- 30's H- 40's
T-10 M-5
I moved out b/c he wanted space- June 15
D filed by H: September 16
P
pinn Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Thanks Feyth! It always makes me happy when you stop by my thread.

Went out again with WW today. She asked, so I agreed. We went apple picking and then got dinner. It went well. We got together every day this weekend.

After dinner, we were sitting at the table chatting and I began casually asking some questions about the felon. I know WW and I know I don't have to say much to get her to start blabbing away. I wanted to know some details about them, mainly what was their deal now. But I also wanted to know if there was anything else I should be concerned about. Turns out he had been threatening me to her for weeks now. Hello! Next time why don't you let me know!

Anyway, I asked some probing relationship talk type questions. It was a delicate dance. I did lots of validating though where I did not completely disagree. I said I think you need to figure out what you really want, and she said I know what I want. She began tearing up, so we decided to call it a night.

I walked her to her car and we continued to talk. She said, without me bringing it up, that we should go to MC together to figure out what to do next because she has no idea. She also said that she might want to get some IC for herself. There were lots of tears from her. Saying things like she didn't know who she was back then, she has always been happiest with me etc. I asked her if me pressuring her to have children was at all an issue.. and she said no, she wanted that to. That was something I had wondered about.

She is concerned about two things in our future, the same as me. She wants me to able to trust her again and not worry about this happening every few years. Yea, well me too. She wants this to be it (yea heard that before). The second thing she worries about is our physical chemistry. Which is an issue, I feel that one is mainly my fault. I am very attracted to her but something gets in my head and just makes things akward. I validated both of these concerns which was easy because they are my concerns too. I said I understand those issues but it was something that would take work but that we could overcome.

So that is pretty much where I am now. I think we will continue to see each other. I need to try and find a good MC but as long as her and I are on the same page it makes MC worth while I think.

P
pinn Offline OP
OP Offline
P
talked to my brother a bit last night. Let him know WW and I had been seeing each for a while now. He was not happy about it. His points and concerns were all valid. I am tired of repairing relationships every time this happens as well. Everyone on my side is tired of it. Not really sure how I would handle that but it is tough to have that added stress along with everything else that is going on. ugh

M
M
During this time, while you're talking, has there been any physical touch?

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
P
pinn Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hi Bond, thanks again for stopping by. I hope this does not come off too corny. There has been some, she gives me tight, long hugs everytime we meet. I like those, always have. When we walked around the city should would grabbed my hand or grab my arm. She has given me a few kisses (not passionate but I don't think I am ready for that). She initiates most of it, I have just started testing those waters slightly. Most of the time we have been out in public. Actually this weekend was the first time she came to the house and that was only for an hour or two. So I guess there has been physical touch but nothing overally intimate.

M
M
Is there something holding you back? I know you don't want to open yourself up again out of fear. I totally understand that, but now maybe you can be a little flirty to her and give her some light touches. That will increase her trust in you. And you will be able to slowly trust her as well.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard