Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
C
Cld Offline
C
qt4x11,

It's very hard to accept divorce for most men because we get screwed usually and I can see why men try to avoid divorce while women are the ones who file 80% of the time.
The biggest loss is the kids, women get custody in 90% of the cases. In my case my wife got custody but I see the kids every weekend which means I have them 30% of the time, which is not too bad.
The financial loss is huge as well. Men pay for child support and alimony in 90% of the cases as well and if they can't pay they go to jail. I was aware of all of that before I married and that's why I ended up marrying a woman who made 6 times more money than me. Marrying a poor woman is pure suicide!
My child support is only $135 a month as a result and I received most assets as a "lump sump" alimony. I belong to the 3% of divorced men who received alimony, so my situation is pretty good.
The system is to blame for screwing men so badly, and until men don't wake up to the reality and unite, nothing is going to change.
Several things could be done to reduce the number of divorces like
1. Keep the government out of marriage completely or
2. Make it impossible to get divorced if there are children or
3. Give custody to men by default like they used to do during ancient Rome.

Right now the system is very bad and men are the victims.
Hugs

M
M
That's one of the most ridiculous statements I've heard on this board.
Especially...
2. Make it impossible to get divorced if there are children or
3. Give custody to men by default like they used to do during ancient Rome.

I can tell you that the majority of men wouldn't know how to handle their kids. No wonder the Romans stopped

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
D
D
I'd love to know where these crazy stats come from? They cannot be widely supported. 80% D filed by women? 90% pay support or alimony? 90% of women get custody? Well sure and so do 90% of men. Neither get primary or full custody however. More and more it's joint if the man asks for it. Rarely do any stars about anything scene thus wide. We've been round and round with this guy and he simply doesn't want to get it. I'm betting there is a 90% chance his WAW said the same thing. smile.

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
C
Cld Offline
C

They were raised by single mothers and were thought to bend over backwards for women since they were kids.
They were thought that men are evil and women are saints.
They hurt other men deeply and they are the real problem of our society.

Last edited by Cadet; 09/07/16 06:06 AM. Reason: Personal attack
M
M
Wrong again. I had two great parents. Father served in the military and I have a very good idea of what being a man is. I mean my wife never put a restraining order on me. just saying.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
M
M
You know you can keep up the name-calling all you want. It's up to you. I think we're all beginning to see the problem that's keeping your W away.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
R
R
I almost always agree with you, but I have to object to the idea that the majority of men don't know how to handle their kids. If they don't know, they can learn.

(Now, I fully agree that what Cld is proposing is nonsense. I just think you aren't giving ,en enough credit as parents.)

Me: 44
H: 44
Kids: 20, 16, 16, and 10
Together/Married: 22 years
H announced he was emotionally detached and considering D: 4/4/16
H announced he is going to try to stay and reconnect: 5/1/16
G
G
cld, I've kept my mouth shut, because I am not in a place right not to talk to a wall.

But the way you speak to these people who are trying to help you, which is disgustingly disrespectful, did you speak to your wife like that? Did you speak to your children that way? When she had an opinion that differed from yours, did you insult her and tear her down? Did you speak to friends, colleagues, people you associated with in person this way? Or do you only reserve it for the people on these boards?

Because if you can answer "yes" to any of those questions, it is not a MLC or a troubled childhood that is keeping your W away.

R
R
Originally Posted By: Cld

They were raised by single mothers and were thought to bend over backwards for women since they were kids.
They were thought that men are evil and women are saints.
They hurt other men deeply and they are the real problem of our society.

Real men don't use women's body parts as insults.

When you said on your thread that your wife was the only one who would have to change in a reconciliation? Your comments on this thread show a different truth.

Last edited by Cadet; 09/07/16 06:09 AM. Reason: edit from TOS

Me: 44
H: 44
Kids: 20, 16, 16, and 10
Together/Married: 22 years
H announced he was emotionally detached and considering D: 4/4/16
H announced he is going to try to stay and reconnect: 5/1/16
C
Cld Offline
C
Rose,

Believe it or not, but women like masculine men and that's exactly the way I am acting. My wife will come back because of that.
She might not like it sometimes but at the end of the day she would much rather have a man like me than a mangina.
You will see.

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard