Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
C
Cld Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Cadet,

Absolutely!
I do not believe what she says and I even tell the kids not to worry too much about what mommy is saying because mommy is angry now but maybe she won't be angry anymore in a few years.
I really doubt that she knows what she wants right now and I have read that subconsciously women in MLC want a white knight who saves them and leads them the right way. I am going to be her white knight so that she doesn't have to look for a new one. I have firm believes, I am a mountain, I am a rock.

M
M
" I even tell the kids not to worry too much about what mommy is saying "

You really shouldn't talk to your kids that way. You can't tell them that your way of thinking is right and mommy is wrong. They're going to think they have to choose sides between you both and it's not fair to the kids.

Just because she disagrees with you doesn't mean she's wrong.

In any event, you never did answer job's questions before like why did she have a restraining put against you?

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
C
Cld Offline OP
OP Offline
C
The restraining order was issued by the judge without any proof and it's based on the following false allegations:
1. "If I try to divorce him, I will die"
2. "If Child Protective Service ever comes, he would lock and load"
3. "If I try to divorce him, he will take the kids out of the country"
4. "He is emotionally and physically abusive to our daughter".

That's what she wrote and I can guarantee you that it's 100% made up, in fact I am happy about the divorce. That's all it took for her to get a restraining order against me. There have never been any police reports, medical reports or anything else in 10 years that would suggest that those allegations would be even remotely true. I even showed the judge 50 pages of text messages between me and my wife in the six months prior to separation and the messages were all friendly, polite and lovely. The judge didn't remove the restraining order, but ordered a psychological evaluation for my wife.

M
M
Here's the full question:

"I want an honest answer to the following comments that your wife may have stated about you. I do not want to hear (again) that you respected her, loved her and treated her nicely. I want to know what your wife has stated about you.

So, here's what I posted: "Generally when they say we are controlling, they can also tend to point out that we are manipulative, stubborn, condescending, don't listen, judgmental, determined to have our way and we want to always be right and we always want the last word in any conversation or discussion. Has your wife ever stated that you don't value you her as an equal partner because she's a woman? If you don't feel comfortable answering the above, I do understand. These examples are just a few of what some of the MLCers will toss out for justification."

Did your wife ever address these issues with you? What else did she say about you and your personality besides being controlling? There's no shame in answering my questions because we all have heard some version of the above comments one time or another from our spouses.

Why did your wife get a restraining order on you? What were the allegations? Why do you have to have supervised visitation w/your daughter? It has to be something more than just a couple of spankings. Do you treat your two children the same? Do you correct your son the same way that you do your daughter? Child Services does not take allegations lightly. They do the investigations and then determine whether or not supervised visits are necessary. "

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
M
M
Oh never mind. I just saw the post where you called me a fraud.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
C
Cld Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I would be very careful in criticizing people MrBond.
Because when you do, then you get criticism back, instant Karma.

R
R
Originally Posted By: Cld
Job,

I am working very hard. I am buying another rental property on Friday and I would like to buy 4 more next year.
I am definitely not standing still.
I don't have many friends because I work a lot but I have a few business partners that know everything about me and they are like family. And of course I have both my parents, especially my dad who is a rock like me, a very successful entrepreneur who never gave up when it came to business and to family.

On these boards, when people ask what you are doing to improve, they generally mean as a person, not as an earner.

Business aside, what are you doing to be a better person?

Me: 44
H: 44
Kids: 20, 16, 16, and 10
Together/Married: 22 years
H announced he was emotionally detached and considering D: 4/4/16
H announced he is going to try to stay and reconnect: 5/1/16
R
R
Cld the more you defend yourself the more you have to explain. Someone told me here early on to "drop the gun". Didn't get it at first. I do now.

I'm going to share how I felt when my stich started.

At 1st I felt justified to lose my temper and curse her out.it was my D's future we were dealing with. I demanded she divorce me. A few weeks later when she became a WAS and I was served it hit me.. there is more to my story.

You remind me of my ex. She is very sucsseful. Makes tons. And always bilittle me as to my income or sucess.Very painful.

Like JOB said we care about you and everyone here. Take what can from the advice. Take care my friend

M 53
D 20
Separated 6/22/11 moved out 10/24
Together 26 yrs
Married 16
W Filed for D 7/21/11
Served 9/6/11
D final 8/28/12

“Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.”

John Wooden

M
M
Not exactly sure what you're talking about. I made the observation that you were acting arrogant and could use some humility when talking to those trying to help you. And then you called me a fraud and that I didn't really save my M. That was all on you.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
job Offline
Cld,

When a poster continues to repeat himself/herself over and over again, I sometimes will ask that particular poster this question...why are you here? I'd like to know what you had hoped to gain by being a member. Because it's evident that you've not listened to anything we have posted to you over the last several months.

I really would like to have an honest answer to my question....why are you here? I want you to take a day or so to think about my question and come back and tell me.

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard