Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
P
Pax_luv Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hello hello! Thanks for stopping by, Jack, with your feedback! Much appreciated.
All I can do is take this time and work on myself. That's it! That's literally all I can do... And that's ok. I need to work on myself.

Hi Pinn- my tri is a sprint distance aka 1/2 Olympic distance. Approx- 1/2 mile swim, 14 mile bike, and 5k run. I'm so excited... I love the thrill of doing something I've never done before.

I did a 5k run tonight. My city hosted a corporate run for organizations to get involved in. My company had a team so I joined. Super fun- lots of craft beer in the after party smile. How fun for a Thursday night?!?! I'll do some swimmin tomorrow morning and I have a 25 mile bike training ride on Sunday. I'm looking forward to that too!

Went on a "half" date last night with someone I've known for 12 years. He had a major crush on me before I met my h and we've stayed in touch over the years as friends (nothing more- he too has since been married and divorced) I didn't feel anything for him, but it was nice to catch up and also nice to hear that he thought my h was a moron for letting me go. Ahhhh gotta love those ego strokes smile
I probably won't see him again, but we can chalk it up to a nice catch up session.

Another day another day...

Hope all is well!

Me- 30's H- 40's
T-10 M-5
I moved out b/c he wanted space- June 15
D filed by H: September 16
Pax_luv #2700160 08/27/16 02:58 PM
P
Pax_luv Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Woohoo! Happy Saturday!
Feeling like a million bucks right now. Something to know about me... I'm a learner. I like to learn about things I don't know. Training for this tri( which is taking over my life these days) is no different. I knew there was a lot about swimming I didn't know so I took classss. Same goes with the bike... I'm just not confident at all riding on the street so I won't. So, this morning I took a bike safety class to help get me more comfortable with bike maintenance and rules of the road. The class was great. I was very pleased to see (again) how far I've come socially (I used to always hide in h's shadow because he was so judgy with a large personality) I felt more comfortable in his shadow. I had no problem holding that position. None!

TodayI was laid back, completely comfortable, and had so much fun. I was the one to actually break the ice with the other participants. Win!

After the class and a couple hours of drills, we went for a group ride on the road. I was nervous because these are the busiest urban streets in my town. Lots of traffic, public transit, and few bike lanes. The ride was fun and I got to lead our group through multiple legs.

It feels amazing! Not gonna lie! I'm very proud and.... Just.... Happy!

Ok... Enough with the bragginess! I just keep thinking that i am becoming a much better person than I was yesterday and I don't want to stop the momentum. I want to continue to see how far I can go!

Thanks for listening!

Me- 30's H- 40's
T-10 M-5
Pax_luv #2700189 08/27/16 06:30 PM
P
P
Awesome Feyth! You inspire me... honestly. I need to go back to focus on these types of things rather than WW. I had/have those same goals socially (though I think you are rocking it better!). I'll have to pick it up a bit! I have had those same feelings you had today... it is amazing isn't it? It is a hard feeling to describe. Keep it up!

Pax_luv #2700220 08/28/16 04:24 AM
job Offline
Great! Keep up the good work. The more you learn, the more you can share w/others. Knowledge is power.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
job #2700225 08/28/16 05:11 AM
R
R
Wow, so proud of you Feyth. All your posts are showing a confident, energetic lady, and I can see that you are enjoying your life. You have come so far and are doing so well. Don't stop there as the world is your oyster.
Take are and have fun xx

Rouky #2700236 08/28/16 06:12 AM
C
C
Wow, Feyth!
You sound great! That was a very inspiring, happy post. Is your bike class specifically for tri training? Or just for bike riders who want to feel better riding with traffic? I love how you've not only put yourself out there, but are pushing yourself to be more outgoing. Way to take the reigns on your own happiness!

M-51 H-54
2D-27 and 25
M-26 yrs
Bombshell and IHS 7-29-15
He moved out 10-3-15
D filed 1-27-16
D final 10-27-16

Kindness, kindness, kindness.
E
E
Feyth you must be so excited about the triathlon! That's huge! You'll ace it, I'm sure.

It sounds you are doing really well overall, if you ever need to rant this is the place, we are here for you.

I love the quote, so realistic and motivational st the same time!

"There's nothing sadder than a conman conning himself"

“There is freedom waiting for you,
On the breezes of the sky,
And you ask "What if I fall?"
Oh but my darling,
What if you fly?”

-Erin Hanson

Esame #2700292 08/28/16 01:31 PM
P
Pax_luv Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Thank you all so much for the support!!!!

I'm really proud of myself... And trust me those words don't come out of my mouth that often. I kind of only share this stuff here with this board because I think you all can appreciate the nuances behind why we do what we do. Don't get me wrong, I share this all with the people around me, but they don't get what's going on internally and emotionally.

These days, I feel free. Really. I think the Velcro that connected me to the old Feyth and old m, and old h... Has officially come undone. Detachment perhaps?!?

Trust me life isn't all roses and rainbows... I still deal with mundane cr@p at work and with friends and family but I'm able to handle it so much better these days.

I know I've been gaining momentum and it feels good. Thank god for MWD and the LRT... She did say in DR that your H may not come back, but your dignity will. And it surely has. Thank god!

I've implemented as much of the LRT as I possibly could over the last year and I think It's now second nature. Much love to this board... There are so many pearls that I continue to use to this day. One that always stands out is Cadet's gift of time! this really has been an opportunity to refocus and use this gift wisely.

I'm able to appreciate the little things so much more and continue to surprise myself with my transformation because I never thought I could get to this place. Yesterday, I was loading my bike on the bike rack and just that act alone meant a lot because I had to put the rack on my car by myself. Something I would not ever attempt if I was still with h. 1) he would usually tell me I did it wrong and 2) he would make me feel bad if I scratched the car and 3) I was too fearful to attempt it because of points 1 and 2. So even if I really wanted to ride my bike... I never did. Today, I did a 25 mile bike ride (big mistake after yesterday's ride-- ouch my little butt!!!!) and I was proud that I went out there by myself for a group ride and even thought I was cool sporting my new padded bike shorts... I certainly looked like I knew what i was doing and it was awesome! I'm not athletic and now I feel like I am and can be!

So.... I'm just rambling now because I'm tired but something has clicked the last month..... And I think I get "this" now.

Me- 30's H- 40's
T-10 M-5
Pax_luv #2700294 08/28/16 01:34 PM
P
Pax_luv Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Oh Cil, to answer your questions, this was a bike 101 class for anyone who wanted to be more comfortable with riding on the streets and it was hosted by my city's bike coalition. It was for newbies! I just happened upon it through the wonder that is Google smile so glad I went because I was able to use my learnings at today's ride.

Me- 30's H- 40's
T-10 M-5
Pax_luv #2700305 08/28/16 03:28 PM
P
P
Originally Posted By: Feyth
I'm not athletic and now I feel like I am and can be!

Of course you can be! Not many people complete any form of a triathlon. You have a come a long, long way :-)

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard