Thanks care. Rd
Glad to hear you are OK. smile

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
rd500 #2696428 08/13/16 05:43 AM
R
rd500 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hi all. I am leaving the board as a poster and wanted to thank everyone for their invaluable support. I was lucky enough to get great advice from Mr Bond ( which I didn't follow but wish I had ) and I made a great many friends who supported me through many hard times. My M is over and I'm heading for a D ( my choice )

For any newbies reading this , it does get better , it's hard to imagine because at BD and for a long time after your world is in pieces and you can't accept that this is truly happening My advice is accept what is and move forward from there

Work on yourself but don't take blame for your partners failings If your on this board it's because you want / wanted to save your M and it is possible but it takes time and a huge amount of work. Follow the advice of the vets. No matter how unique your sitch might feel to you , the vets have seen similar before You came on to this board looking for hope and answers. Listen to their words because they know what they are talking about It will feel like the wrong thing sometimes but trust in the process

I'm as far from a vet as possible BUT I still have a few opinions to offer , be the best you at all times , always take the higher ground because karma is watching and when you look back in ten years time you will want to be able to have no regrets regardless of the outcome Your children come first , their lives need to be as stable and full of love as you can make them regardless of what's happening in yours Show them through actions how a parent deals with life , no matter what life throws at that parent Be the rock , always

I will keep an eye on my friends threads and you know who you are I've made friends with some outside the board and in many cases it was great to be part of your lives. Thank you from the bottom of my heart I wish you all the very very best in your continuing journeys , all of you deserve true happiness

Take care all. Rd

rd500 #2696432 08/13/16 06:04 AM
Z
Z
thank you for the update RD.

you deserve to be happy too, i hope you don't ever forget that!

M - 40's
W - 30's
Two Sons
Living together
Zephyr #2696510 08/13/16 01:31 PM
S
S
Hi RD, it sounds like you feel at peace with your chosen path and that is the main thing my friend. Not every D gets busted and sometimes we file for D ourselves. However, you have been there with me from almost the start of my sitch and that is a long time to stand for the M and ultimately decide to move on.

I have been grateful for your kind and loyal support - and will always remember that you were the person who sat with me (virtually) as I cried when I received D papers. I also admire that you have been the rock for your kids and you have given them love and stability at a time when their Mum hasn't been able to do so. These are the things that we look back on and feel glad and at peace with.

You and I will hopefully keep in touch outside of the forum....and are you sure we can't tempt you to join us in 'Surviving the Big D??'

Best wishes and big hugs to you my friend xx

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
Sotto #2696530 08/13/16 02:47 PM
J
J
RD we didn't post to each other very often, but I read your thread and always read your posts on others. Thank you for everything you have given to others here on the board. I am grateful for the times you offered your care and support to me.

You are a good, loving and strong man, a gentleman with the most gorgeous flirty and witty nature. I have appreciated all these qualities in you. I know you will be missed by many. I know there are people here who consider a friend and for some more.

I wish you well on the next part of your life. I wish you abundance and wish you find love in the things you do and from the people your come across. And I know there is a special someone waiting to discover you and you them.

Much love RD and many hugs

JellyBxxx

I hope it's ok with you if I let PP know of where you are in your journey. I know PP had much respect for you and all that you offered him in his time here.

JellyB #2696679 08/14/16 12:03 PM
V
V
Hugs RD

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

Vanilla #2698015 08/19/16 10:49 AM
H
H
RD

I move to the MLC forum and you become a WAS! Tut, tut. Understand where you are and what you're doing. Good luck with that D nonsense. I know you're a good guy and one day I think your W will want you back. Sadly, it seems she let you get away.

Have a Guinness, and look to the East. Turn your face towards the sun, let the shadows fall behind you (thanks Rihanna)!

Good luck.

M 45 W 52
SD22 S9 D8
BD 6 April 2015
Not living together 4 Dec 2015
Huddy #2699334 08/24/16 03:25 PM
R
RAI Offline
R
Wow! I have not been to the boards very frequently lately. I thought I would not find a familiar name. Finally, when I do, it is to say goodbye! Best of luck. I have learned from you and I appreciate all you have done.

RAI

Me 48 XW 45
lots o' kids
D April 2017
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard