Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
Ginger1 #2694559 08/04/16 05:30 AM
S
SH_ Offline
S
Morning!

How are the pole dancing classes going?
Have not seen any updates on this for you.
Hope you are doing well.

Me 46 Former W 46
D19 D7
BD Feb 2016
WAW moves out 4/16/16
D final 6/1/2017

It's time for me to start changin' the way I look at the world......and at myself. ~James Howlett aka Wolverine
Ginger1 #2694683 08/04/16 02:18 PM
V
V
I loved the show.

Sad about the short term memory though!

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

Vanilla #2694798 08/05/16 03:55 AM
J
JksD Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Dear SH,

Last week's class was meh. I shouldn't have scheduled my lessons on a friday eve as I am so tired after a long day's work.

I shoukd have scheduled for a weekend class instead. Poor timing.

As I speak, I am now sitting alone in a korean fried chicken restaurant, soon to be feasting on 7 pieces of chicken all on my own. I caused a little commotion when I walked into the restaurant alone and asked for a single seat.

I guess I am an anomaly on a Friday eve on a busy pub street!

You can call me Dory/ Grl.

As a wise fish once sang,"Just keep swimming!"

It's no use to go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.
JksD #2694813 08/05/16 06:07 AM
J
JksD Offline OP
OP Offline
J
V,
Glad you enjoyed the show.

I thought that Dory's absent-mindedness wasnt so bad as I guess that's how she keeps happy.

JksD #2694818 08/05/16 06:38 AM
J
JksD Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Just finished poledancing.

On my way back, I was trying to drive my car out of a parallel parking lot.

Lo and behold, there was a (I admit, rather cute) guy standing between my car and the car in front of me. I had worked out most of my pent up frustrations in my poledancing class and was in a very chillaxed and mild mood.

I didn't want to be too aggressive so I started turning on my headlights and revving my engine gently, thinking that he would get the hint and get out of my way. Any normal human being would have come to his senses and got out of my way right?

So this guy wasn't a normal human being. Feeling incredulous, I wound down my window and tried to get his attention.

That eejit did not even acknowledge my existence!

By this time, I was convinced that he was probably a WWH, thick in some alien fog, and I must have been someone's karma for the night.

I started inching slowly out of the lot and towards him. And finally, fogged out cute guy looked up from his phone, smiled at me and finally got out of the way.

Being the polite person that I normally am, I smiled back at him.

But seriously, wth? Did he think that I was trying to check him out? He didn't look drunk.

Anyway, for a spilt second, I had actually superimposed the x's head on him. Cute fogged out guy had no idea how dangerous a sitch he was in.

So, that's the adverture of a poledancing fish on fire on a Friday night. Said fish is now going to wash up and go to bed, with a tummy full of fiery fried korean chicken not quite digested during the poledancing class.

JksD #2694820 08/05/16 06:49 AM
G
G
Odds are pretty good he was looking for Pokémon. I would have tapped him slightly with my car.....

I love Korean fried chicken. I also like dining alone, believe it or not. No reason I should not get the pleasure of good food, being served and cleaned up after just because I'm single!

Ginger1 #2694823 08/05/16 07:05 AM
J
JksD Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Lol, Ginger! That could have been it. But Pokemon Go hasn't made its way to my twilight zone yet.

I wasnt so sure I would have been able to just tap him slightly with my car. I might have taken my role as karma too seriously....

JksD #2694964 08/05/16 10:35 PM
J
JksD Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hmmmm. Ginger, You're right. That guy yesterday was probably trying to catch a pokemon. And so am I today....

On top of floating yoga and tile selection. And I have yet to collect the new harry potter book!

JksD #2694976 08/06/16 12:05 AM
S
SH_ Offline
S
Originally Posted By: JksD
Dear SH,

Last week's class was meh. I shouldn't have scheduled my lessons on a friday eve as I am so tired after a long day's work.

I shoukd have scheduled for a weekend class instead. Poor timing.

As I speak, I am now sitting alone in a korean fried chicken restaurant, soon to be feasting on 7 pieces of chicken all on my own. I caused a little commotion when I walked into the restaurant alone and asked for a single seat.

I guess I am an anomaly on a Friday eve on a busy pub street!

Hmmmm.....
I may be wrong here, but you seem a bit off from the chipper JksD with a good dose of humor in your posts. I have not heard from you on my reply post to you over in my neighborhood, but I do know you have been a busy bee lending support to a number of LBS as this past week it seems the full moon put the WS into some type of frenzy, so no worries.
I hope that everything is well for you.
I did read that there is a tug o war with your D and that may have your mind on that.
I don't have much in the way of advice as my older d is very self driven and probably does me more help than I her. And my lil one is still of an age that she will listen and work with me. But I do feel your pain not getting much support from the other parent. I do worry that my d5 will have issues as right now behavior quirks are showing up as the expectations are vastly different between her parents.

Anyhow, my goal was a quick pop in to say hi to one of my favorite DBers around here as your challenges and humor and wise advice are a bright spot in my day.
I hope I can return the favor as I know you are still on the journey we all hope can end in a better place soon.

Have a great evening.

(((grl)))

Me 46 Former W 46
D19 D7
BD Feb 2016
WAW moves out 4/16/16
D final 6/1/2017

It's time for me to start changin' the way I look at the world......and at myself. ~James Howlett aka Wolverine
SH_ #2695013 08/06/16 07:52 AM
J
JksD Offline OP
OP Offline
J
SH, thanks for swinging by! Aww!!! You're one of my favs too, just in case you couldn't tell.

I have got plenty of things on my plate and it seems that the holes in my head are getting bigger. Either that or I am a late-blooming ADHD.

Did I miss replying to one of your posts? Hmmm... I thought it was a truce for our staredown over GAL?

This afternoon, I went to my new flat to make sure that the previous owner had vacated the place. Ugh. The previous owner really didn't bother to keep the place clean and the whole place looked dreary. I'm praying that my contractor will be able to do a good job for me.

We went to select tiles fir the remodelling and I sounded like a broken record. White! Bright! Glossy!

I love the floor tiles we've chosen for the kitchen. They look like whitewashed birch.

For the common bathroom, I've chosen beige glossy mosaicish tiles with subtle marbled veins for the accent wall and plain white tiles for the walls and floors. Glossy for walls and textured for floors.

For the master bedroom bathroom, it's glossy white wall tiles with subtle marble veins and textured white floor tiles.

I can't wait to get started on the kitchen cabinets and the shoe cabinet. And guess what's the theme? White! Bright! Glossy!

The dining area will have white stucco feature walls.

I can't wait to see how this scandinavian theme would take off. Gmum would be so proud of me!

Hmmmm.... I sound like I'm channelling doodler.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard